International US Takes Over Australia's Beef Export Market Share to China

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Kind of bad taste to eat your allies' lunch while they're confronting China on your behalf no?
BEIJING/CHICAGO, Oct 1 (Reuters) - As Australian beef exports to China wither amid diplomatic tensions, demand there for U.S. grain-fed beef has soared, fuelled by the appetites of a growing Chinese middle class.

Hotpot restaurants, Japanese barbecue chains and steakhouses, all expanding in the world's No. 2 economy, are swapping out Australian beef for U.S. meat. Several Australian suppliers were banned last year and shipments from others take too long to clear customs.

Beef imports from the U.S. have grown to 83,000 tonnes in the first eight months of 2021, nine times the amount in the same period a year ago, according to Chinese customs data, and are set to be worth more than $1 billion this year. Australia also fell behind the United States this year as the top exporter of grain-fed beef to China.
China gorges on American grain-fed beef amid shrinking supplies from Down Under | Reuters

The meat industry is utterly.

Utterly.

UTTERLY

Corrupt and cruel.

That said, I do partake of meat on occasion, therefore, I do support animal cruelty. (mainly I eat wild game and wild fish, for what it's worth)

If only more people were NOT hypocrites and holier than thou...FOR NO REASON.

usa-trump.gif

Contrary to War Room morons China is at the point of economic warfare with Australia. Australia is fighting this front when other countries have bowed to China's pressure by refusing to kiss the Dear Leader's boots.

Contrary to War Room morons China is at the point of economic warfare with Australia. Australia is fighting this front when other countries have bowed to China's pressure by refusing to kiss the Dear Leader's boots.
I would rather be oppressed by China than by Australia at this point

What the hell are you on about?

He has oatmeal for brains, why bother.

He's ignored global politics, he's never visited Australia, he's barely read anything outside a few fringe publications that doesn't tell him anything of the world.

He's traitorous scum that doesn't recognise an ally that has fought, bled, and died side by side with the West, and with America for generations and shares the same philosophical view of freedoms and democracy. Australia will fight China when the time comes.

Basically, he's a fucking retard and an embarassment to your country.

Don't worry, we have these people here too. It's best to ignore them but sometimes their profound ignorance rears its ugly head into profoundly stupid statements like that one.

Last edited:
He has oatmeal for brains, why bother.

He's ignored global politics, he's never visited Australia, he's barely read anything outside a few fringe publications that doesn't tell him anything of the world.

He's traitorous scum that doesn't recognise an ally that has fought, bled, and died side by side with the West, and with America for generations and shares the same philosophical view of freedoms and democracy. Australia will fight China when the time comes.

Basically, he's a fucking retard and an embarassment to your country.

Don't worry, we have these people here too. It's best to ignore them but sometimes their profound ignorance rears its ugly head into profoundly stupid statements like that one.

I get that he's trolling, but there is an element of not trolling that he and people like are serious about. They just don't get it.

Australia has been cracking down too hard on covid, sure, but it's light years ahead of China in terms of human rights and social freedom.

I get that he's trolling, but there is an element of not trolling that he and people like are serious about. They just don't get it.

Australia has been cracking down too hard on covid, sure, but it's light years ahead of China in terms of human rights and social freedom.

It has to be called out as plain fucking idiots and disrespectful to the hundreds of thousands who have fought for peace and freedoms throughout the world - and are ready to do the same right now too.

As for freedoms it is likely that my state in Australia has had less lockdowns and less restrictions in total than most populous regions of the US. The stories are narrow and largely untrue. I remember mentioning that during the height of the pandemic when people were in lockdown in the US for weeks/months we had football stadiums filled with spectators and everything was open - and War Roomers told me that the events never happened, that it was fake news, nevermind that the stadium was a 20 minute walk from where I live.

You can't help these people. They are deficient. They think they know things but they don't.

I've lived in Hobart and in Shanghai and I'm here to tell you Australia is a tyrannical prison colony and China is fairly laissez-faire as long as you don't become too successful or criticize the CCP

Unlike in Melbourne where you get arrested for walking outside smh

China is more pro freedom than Australia at this point, so that makes sense
You are joking right? You know they have stricter lockdowns over there, and unlike Australia the government won't let you freely criticize or talk about what they do.

Back