Media Valentina Shevchenko's bantamweight run

Anyone who thinks Amanda won that second fight must also thinks queen air punched maycee beat maverick too. Valentina is a better fighter than Nunes. Fought better competition and is more dominant against the competition. You don't see anyone in Valentina's weight class turning her into a panic wrestler like GDR did Nunes

Nunes basically did the same thing against Val in the second fight. Went 1/7 for takedowns in the last round, despite not trying a TD all fight, and then tried to just lay on top to get the decision. In 2 and a half minutes of ground control, Nunes threw 1 punch (and missed). Val landed 4/5 from the bottom and outstruck her 14-4 in the round... but somehow people still try and argue Nunes won it.

Lame way to win a fight.

Nunes basically did the same thing against Val in the second fight. Went 1/7 for takedowns in the last round, despite not trying a TD all fight, and then tried to just lay on top to get the decision. In 2 and a half minutes of ground control, Nunes threw 1 punch (and missed). Val landed 4/5 from the bottom and outstruck her 14-4 in the round... but somehow people still try and argue Nunes won it.

Lame way to win a fight.

facts

Ran away to Washout-Weight because she couldn't beat the champ <Lmaoo>
Such a stupid argument. She didn't run away. She fought at 135 because the UFC did not have 125 at that point. 125 is the division that fits her.

When a fighter moves up for a few fights everyone thinks he's amazing for doing it. When a fighter fights above their natural weight for half their career and finally move to the right weight class they are considered a pussy.

Same stupid shit was said about Mighty Mouse.

And she’s faced more skilled competition. Amanda can pad her stats beating Megan Andersons but Shev has a better resume still
Nunes beat Shev twice, GDR twice, Ronda, Miesha, CYBORG, Mcmann

Suicide your account.

No way is she "easily" ahead of Nunes.

You can make an argument that your opinion is that she possesses the better skill set on a per pound basis, but she is still well shy of Nunes in terms of her MMA resume.

Nunes ran thru the WMMA murderer's row like a warm knife thru butter.

Dispatched Ronda in < 1min
KOed Cyborg face down ass up in .:1 min
Head kick KOed Holly Holm, effectively beating her at her own game
Beat Meisha at her own game, smashed her and tapped her.

And Nunes is 2-0 head to head with Val. Sure, they were competitive fights and Nunes is bigger, but Nunes won both.

Nunes has better stopping power with her strikes and has a relatively similar ability to win with grappling if needed.

I love Valentina. She is well rounded, and exceptional striker, mentally tough as hell, trained her whole life, elite athlete. She is a beast. But where does she demonstrate a clear technical advantage over Nunes?
QFT
Sherbros need to realize accomplishments counts more than preferences

Lets get the size thing out of the way right from the get go. Not just Amanda but pretty much all the women at 135 were larger than Valentina. Everyone who knows anything about boxing, kickboxing or mma knows that it is way tougher to steam roll people a weight class above, it just is. When skill is fairly equal, mass will have a fairly hefty impact.

The fact that Valentina would likely be the champion of a weight class that she doesn't even belong in if it were not for Nunes should say everything we need to know. The fact that Nunes hot knifed through butter the entire division and even the one above her, albeit a shitty division, and had all she could handle with a smaller girl twice which eliminates the one off argument, people must conclude that it is purely skill related.

In my opinion, and I think it should be obvious to anyone unbias with eyeballs, Valentina is the most skilled female mma fighter by far. Personally, I don't find it as close as some do. Nunes is super tough and has very heavy hands but on a pure tool box level, she is not the most talented women in the ufc.

vwry noticeable when she fought Holly and still outclassed her. Shev is unreal.

QFT

Indeed.

I love Valentina and she is an exceptional, well rounded martial artist. I think there are aspects of her game that look a little cleaner than Nunes.

But fights are where hypothetical becomes reality and thus far, Nunes has proven herself against a higher level of competition and has more finishes against established elite fighters.

I'd love to see them dance one more time.
I worry that Amanda may have one foot out the door with her new baby and the lack of competition at 135/145.

If Valentina can beat Nunes, especially if she can finish Nunes, that would do wonders for her resume and for the argument for her above Nunes.

They are both amazing fighters and imo they are in a league of their own, head and shoulders above their competition.

QFT

I see what you are saying but to be fair, I think that is an over simplification. That would be assuming that all sherbro's are looking for the same thing when watching fighters.

This has been the challenge since day one with rating fighters and goat conversations, etc. Looking to establish a base line to rate with so many variables in a somewhat subjective topic.

For example, what is more important, the trophies or how they were earned? If someone has natural advantages that can carry them comfortably above the rest of the field even if they have less skill, how do we rate that? They still get all the trophies but are they really the most skilled in the craft?

Some sherbro's are going to love the trophies, others are going to love the raw violence for entertainment value while some may be super analytical with respect to skill mastery.

I would suggest that preferences do have a place, especially for the sake of this conversation.

I believe that Amanda is fantastic, she also has some physical attributes that have set her apart from fighters of equal skill. Valentina is an interesting fighter being that she was actually fighting at a physical disadvantage and her skill set her apart from the rest at 135. When these two met, they were actually very complimentary to each other in a way.

These women clearly both have things that set them apart so depending on which sherbro you ask, it may be pure polished skill which is clearly Valentina or it will be raw power, aggression and persistence which is going to be Nunes.

Personally for me, I am interested in the story more than the trophies so I suppose I fall into the preferences category. Their battles were so close, I don't really see why some people are so petty about this anyway. If they fought 100 times, I would guess the numbers could likely be fairly even. They are both monsters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back