W&T General Discussion Thread

How are Rossi rifles nowdays? most of the ones I've been looking at lately are Rossi but I have no real experience with Rossi as a brand.
I want a Rossi Mare’s leg in .357 but have no experience with their rifles either

I want a Rossi Mare’s leg in .357 but have no experience with their rifles either
I'm about to pick up a .44 magnum rifle, but I have no idea what the quality of them is like. I assume being in business for so long they're not too bad.

I'm about to pick up a .44 magnum rifle, but I have no idea what the quality of them is like. I assume being in business for so long they're not too bad.
Love pistol caliber levers! I had a newer marlin in .44 that sadly ended up being a piece of shit. Have great experience with Henrys and older Marlins. Let me know how that Rossi holds up!

Love pistol caliber levers! I had a newer marlin in .44 that sadly ended up being a piece of shit. Have great experience with Henrys and older Marlins. Let me know how that Rossi holds up!
In what way was it terrible?

In what way was it terrible?
The lever would seize up and wouldn't cycle after 1 shot, after a couple of years trying to fix it I just gave it to my cousin as a single shot lever.

The lever would seize up and wouldn't cycle after 1 shot, after a couple of years trying to fix it I just gave it to my cousin as a single shot lever.
Not even after you broke it in? sounds like it was a feeding tube issue i.e spring too short.

Not even after you broke it in? sounds like it was a feeding tube issue i.e spring too short.
Possibly, I was already predisposed against it though which is why I gave it away to my cousin as his first rifle <45>

Possibly, I was already predisposed against it though which is why I gave it away to my cousin as his first rifle <45>
How was the recoil on the .44 mag, I see a lot of people complaining about it, but I have a hunch its big manly men who shooting a "pistol caliber" out of a rifle don't roll with the recoil as they would a normal rifle. Thus making it feel worse than it is.

How was the recoil on the .44 mag, I see a lot of people complaining about it, but I have a hunch its big manly men who shooting a "pistol caliber" out of a rifle don't roll with the recoil as they would a normal rifle. Thus making it feel worse than it is.
The Marlin was light, so you could feel it but nothing crazy, I have a Henry in .44 that's a little heavier and its honestly a pleasure to shoot. Now the 3" Smith 629 is not really pleasant after 4-5 shots.

EDIT: Must have been an oh shit moment at 22:30 when MK couldn't get his magazine seated. :eek::D

Last edited:
So what do y'all use for self defense ammo? Seems to be the consensus to go with either Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST.

Back