W&T General Discussion Thread

So what do y'all use for self defense ammo? Seems to be the consensus to go with either Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST.

I have both of those but Underwood +p speer gold dots are what I have loaded up.

I have both of those but Underwood +p speer gold dots are what I have loaded up.
Yeah I've heard good stuff about Underwood too. They make a 9mm round that's only 68gr.

@RerouteToRemain

In the Tucker interview, Rittenhouse said he used his forward assist because the gun was out of battery right before disarming byecep. On video he can be seen checking the chamber, but I don't see him hitting the FA. Makes me wonder what made him check to begin with.

@RerouteToRemain

In the Tucker interview, Rittenhouse said he used his forward assist because the gun was out of battery right before disarming byecep. On video he can be seen checking the chamber, but I don't see him hitting the FA. Makes me wonder what made him check to begin with.

I'd have to watch what he said and the video of the malfunction again or whatever it was.

Saw the thread on M4carbine.net about KR supposedly hitting the FA before shooting Byecep Guy and it got pretty heated. Who knew the FA was serious business?

Saw the thread on M4carbine.net about KR supposedly hitting the FA before shooting Byecep Guy and it got pretty heated. Who knew the FA was serious business?
It's... HILARIOUS how into the FA people get.

Like, I'm weird. I don't buy any upper's without a forward assist.... but I've also never needed to use it.

The one on AR15dotcom was up to like 250 posts last night. :D

When the designer of the gun himself considered that very feature worthless, yeah. It gets pretty heated.

When the designer of the gun himself considered that very feature worthless, yeah. It gets pretty heated.
Well that's because US Army Ordinance fucked up the XM16E1 from his original design.
I've never used it but it doesn't bother me or get in the way or anything.

Hey guys, what’s the cheapest TSA approved gun safe for a single handgun?

wondering what it would cost to be able to have my ccw with after I fly to a vacation destination

Oh nice. I thought they had to be more special than that to have TSA approval

my existing one will work then

It's says tsa approved. I think there is a list somewhere where you can look up your model number.

Idk I have pelican cases for traveling.

Back