Warhammer 40k

Well another small commission finished. The models were in rough shape before hand. The owner pre built them and scratched off the emblems on the chest, head etc. Gauged out chunks of the models so I had to rebuild a lot of them with green stuff. Looks okay considering.

Attachments

• 20210513_094620.jpg
    20210513_094620.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210513_094655.jpg
    20210513_094655.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
I'm not into the series as of yet but there's some cool stuff in the thread. The toys & painting is definitely interesting & takes some takent.

I've been thinking of different ways to do banners for my titans and ended up learning a bit of Inkscape so I can do vector files of the design (the line-work is actually done in Rhino and then exported for coloring and saving as SVG in Inkscape). I'm going to see if they could be done as fabric prints/transfers.
This is a gif version, sherdog doesn't support SVG attachments. It's front/back of the main banner and the two weapon banners.
banner.gif

Last edited:
I've been thinking of different ways to do banners for my titans and ended up learning a bit of Inkscape so I can do vector files of the design (the line-work is actually done in Rhino and then exported for coloring and saving as SVG in Inkscape). I'm going to see if they could be done as fabric prints/transfers.
This is a gif version, sherdog doesn't support SVG attachments. It's front/back of the main banner and the two weapon banners.
View attachment 854959
Those are sharp

They are going to do a subscription service for their animation studio.

They just released the start of Angel's of Death. Same animator that did Helsreach. Its looking pretty good so far.

Awesome to see more chaplain action and a battle brother with a Deathwatch Pauldron.

Well Variel harvested Talos's gene seed. Apparently implantation would create a new ultimate prophet. Would be great if the VIII legion got a new badass Primarch. Haha least for my first army.

Well I just finished the Void Stalker book and found out what happened to Talos Valcorian. Guess his gene seed was used after all. Would be great if GW gave the Night Lords some love as there are awesome characters around and potentially still alive. Sevatar, Malchlorian, Malek, Garadon, Decimus etc. Maybe no primarch but those guys would be awesome to have.

Rumours of a new primarch?
Primarch of the Angry Marines

9rX66p.md.png

They've shown off the new AoS starter set [LINK]. Not anything I'll be buying (I don't have any interest in the factions) but otherwise I think the designs look fine. There's a ton of pictures so I'll only link a few here, definitely go check out the article.
V54dvcANVSMGu53p.jpg

xmgxozHhkAQDPtga.jpg

KGj61DqlIW4yalU7.jpg

Last edited:
Cloth banners. Now I need to get some chain and figure out how I want to mount everything.
banners.JPG

Last edited:
I would go with a bar through the top and then pin the chains to the hips with magnets sunk into the hip. That way you can pull them out.
Modifying anything by drilling would be really tough at this point. I'm thinking of printing up a tow-hook/cleat looking part and glue a pair of those onto the bottom of the crotch and arm armor and use lobster clasps to hook into them. That way I could unclip the lobsters whenever I felt like it, because I agree the banners need to be removable.

I'm going to order some chain and fiddle with it, see if anything really speaks to me.

They are going to do a subscription service for their animation studio.

They just released the start of Angel's of Death. Same animator that did Helsreach. Its looking pretty good so far.

Awesome to see more chaplain action and a battle brother with a Deathwatch Pauldron.

nice. i loved helsreach

I gave the 40k mobile game "Lost Crusade" a shot just for the hell of it. What garbage. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, but it's just a clone of the generic "strategy" mobile game. It's completely lore-breaking and doesn't even do anything interesting by breaking it. And of course the minute the newb protection wore off I got dogpiled by one of the largest alliances; killed all my units and took all my resources. Horrible experience all around. GW really needs to do a better job with where they license their IP because shit like that does not make them look good.

Orks are getting new Boyz [LINK]. Looks pretty damn good, at least in this one promo shot.
aT8M4AARdQ1fwkBh.jpg

Last edited:
GW went over what the Warhammer+ subscription entails [LINK]. It's more than just the animations, but it's not worth $6/month ($60/year) in my opinion. It does include a free model if you sub for a whole year but it's nothing I couldn't live without. You also get the permium app features, a portion of the White Dwarf back-catalog (only 2020 at launch so those hoping for classic stuff from the 90s are SOL), and some other miscellaneous junk.
KV9wEDJmxABkf38f.jpg

Z02TNSKgXUnrOtR8.jpg

Last edited:
Another ork reveal [LINK]
dCJma61bU2jEpiXC.jpg

btw: I'm not posting any more of these news/updates posts, it's a waste of my time. It rarely spark any conversation.

Bump. No particular reason (might be the alcohol).

Mark Gibbons kicks ass. In terms of iconic warhammer artwork, he might take the cake. You shall know him by his mark (MG)
4ec3a3cb21e735e5266a6a1be92b9f8e.jpg

SkuKvjr.jpg

177506_sm-mark%20gibbons.jpg

DV2eOP_WsAA-OMI.jpg

mark_gibbons_warhammer_001.jpg

40K-20180817080711.jpg

category-74.png

8fde4024455f7dbf0062b21d6ab4d068.jpg

Back