What’s the toughest animal you could beat in unarmed combat?

I have punched a coyote before and it ran off like a cunt, so definitely at that range i am certain.
Wrestled a small buck deer in jasper (maybe 100lbs?) wasnt bad. A big buck....probably kill me quickly.

Why you harassing that Canadian wildlife ?

I feel like I would have a shot at a wolf but after that it’s probably like 0% shot I’d have any success.

Not speaking from experience but I believe I could defeat a miniature pony in combat.

here's a 1m15s video of a guy taunting a King Cobra. This guy is playing with fire big time BUT he knows what he is doing and this video demonstrates my point : get no closer than the height of the cobras head is above the ground. It cannot strike and reach you if you are a bit further away.
Every time it strikes....it has to stand up again and "reset".

Having said that...he gets himself backed into a wall.....and then he is in BIG danger :

It’s clearly lunging past it’s raised height.
Also, those snakes are depoisoned. He’s in no danger.

yeah exactly.

WHAT are you gonna do to an adult elephant without a frigging BIG gun?? A human cannot reach a sensitive area like it's eyes. It's skin is thick and tough. Cannot outrun it. There's no winning against a pissed off elephant. You'd just have to hope it ONLY wanted to scare the crap out of you and not kill you. elephants are very smart too, I think being pacifistic and holding up your hands in the air in an act of apparent surrender is probably your best and only way out of that. But...it will do what it wants to do.

You’ve obviously never seen some of these WR posters.
They’d call it a cuck and a Marxist fascist and flame it to death or retreat in disgust.

For real?? Damn...I take that back then. I guess I'm at the bottom of the food chain.
Maybe try something a little smaller, like a Rock Wallaby.
article-13036-hero.jpg

Elephant should be by far the highest on the list. You ever seen one of those big boys wreck a safari truck? Unreal strength. Not to mention those huge tusks...

Wolf is too high I feel. I'd still rather fight a wolf than an angry chimp.

Also seeing how the average person fights, I'd probably already bet against them at goose....

Anything with a small neck can be choked out

If a kid can choke out a game pit......A trained human could potentially take out a wolf/kangaroo....but you will have to take their back somehow.

I think people really overrate chimps because they're animals but also so human like it makes them more intimidating. For example numerous people in this thread have claimed that they could possibly kill a cougar but nobody has given themselves any chance against a chimp. You guys know that leopards are about the same size as cougars and they kill gorillas right?
Leopards have different weapons than humans do. Unless chimps/gorillas have glass jaws we're in a lot of trouble.

No 5 humans in history unarmed vs any healthy adult elephant would even be remotely close. Even 10 I don't think is an exaggeration.

The pygmys of the mountains of the moon in Ethiopia were recorded as elephant hunters. They would attack in the jungle and distract it whilst one who is looking to prove himself would run up behind and use his short leaf bladed spear to slash the elephants achilles tendons in its back legs. Then they swarm the fucker.

I'd give myself a good chance with anything up to croc, although I might run in circles until it's tired an jump on it.

Wolf gets it.

I would like to see what boxing does to a chimp, it's not going to defend against a straight right and how's it gonna feel then huh?

This is an unarmed fight, but it ain't like anyone's self preservation is gone. Animals don't fight to the death of they can help it.

I think I could fuck up anything wolf and below, excluding a chimp.

There is no way I'd wanna square off with a fucking chimp.

I might have a chance agasint a mountain lion if I saw it coming. I could also see myself losing though.

I feel like I can defend myself against any dog that's 150lbs or less. I imagine there are huge mastiffs that could wipe the floor with me.

You ever seen a puma in person? They are size of a lioness..you would get fucked up

Sorry but I think a good-sized angry bobcat would fuck up the vast majority of Sherdog regulars. I'm not saying that it would kill anyone but it would do a number on most of us. I once had to get a big nasty feral cat off my back porch so I put on a pair of leather gloves & tried to pick it up to carry it over to the alley where it came from. And damn, was that a big mistake. It went completely haywire & bit through the gloves & scratched the shit out of me. I was shocked at how strong & ferocious a 15-pound animal could be.

I tried not to hurt it but in the end & I had to throw it about ten feet into a fence by the alley to keep it from clawing my eyes out. I threw it hard too but it ran off unharmed but pissed as hell. While I was left all torn up. Luckily its bite didn't break the skin of my thumb because of the glove but it hurt like hell for about a week. And if I hadn't had those gloves on I'm sure it would have bitten right down to the bone.

And that was just a wild version of a house cat. I'd hate to have had to fight with anything larger & angrier or hungrier or whatever. So, I think most of you are really underestimating how difficult it can be to handle an animal. They're very hard to get a hold of & much faster & stronger than you imagine they are.

Back