What’s the worst UFC fight you’ve ever seen?

Whenever this subject comes up this is my pick. Weizorek got the W and was still let go haha
Hahahaha it still makes me laugh so much all these years later. Weizorek actually is undefeated in UFC LOL.. what a way to be undefeated haha.

There is no way you or me wouldn't put them both in a coma, they were so bad it was unreal lol.

Holloway-Volkanovski II was pretty bad IMO

I actually enjoyed Izzy-Romero more, it obviously didn't live up to the hype but it's interesting at least because of the controversial decision (judges got it right IMO)

The worst fights are 30-27s where one guy wrestlefucks the other against the side of the cage for 3 rounds without doing any serious damage, or 29-28 kickboxing point fights where every round could go either way because nobody did any damage

Sarah Moras vs Vanessa Melo was awful

Bit of recency bias here but that one was the first that came to mind. What makes it worse is you can tell someone is stalling and trying to mess with the judges by throwing air punches and shouting with every 'strike.'

woodley vs wonderboy
woodley vs wonderboy 2
woodley vs maia

lewis vs ngannou

I'd be tempted to list fights like Woodley vs Wonderboy 1/2, Usman vs Masvidal, Izzy vs Romero, etc. but at least those had hype and were high stake title fights. They're worse in hindsight since we know the outcomes. Even though little to nothing happened, the tension watching them live knowing anything could happen made them way more exciting than we remember looking at them now.

So the worst fight in recent memory I'd have to say was Sarah Moras vs Vanessa Melo. Not only did nothing happen in that fight, but we all kind of knew that nothing was going to happen in that fight. It was a shit fight with zero stakes involved, and was as boring and shitty as we knew it was going to be.
Yeah Moras vs Melo was a truly awful fight. It's too bad because Moras is usually a semi-entertaining grappler. When she acted surprised at the decision it was completely ridiculous.

real life fights always seem more crazy and violent than the ones in the UFC which seem sterile in comparison

It's like how 55% of professional chess games end in a draw. Even the champion player in the world draws with the top 10 contenders. Similarly, many UFC fights go to decision since the other guy is just too good.

Because the skill level is theoretically so similar that the odds of a quick knockout or submission are pretty low. If you put any UFC fighter against some rando, it's going to be brutally violent and end in 20 seconds.

This is also why quick wins like Askren vs Masvidal or Aldo vs McGregor are so shocking. The other guy in theory is "too good" to get knocked out like that.

Sylvia AA 3.....

so bad I was LITERALLY screaming at my t.v.
....couldnt believe what I was watching.
I wanted my cheddar back

Lewis vs ngganou recently, I called that shit too perfectly
Said it was going to the worst fight on the card and a decision.
Check my post history, manlets

bork1}

Rashad Rampage. We had a big group at work of semi-casuals who used to get together to watch fights. That killed everyone's interest completely

The start of Rampage's fall imo, that fight was horrible because Rampage didn't back up anything he said.

Snoozeman vs Colby... two wrestlers with no confidence in their grappling, neither willing to take each other down, instead standing and banging with very average standup( considering their ranking).
meanwhile dumbarses fall over themselves on how amazing it was supposed to be...
The only exciting thing was Colby getting his jaw broken...allegedly

for all you guys naming mma fights as the worst then what was the worst wmma fight you've seen???

Back