What are you playing? v.7 (Paperboy Edition)

Is the shorter 'WAYCP' preferable to longer 'What are you currently playing'?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know, Jeff

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
What are you currently playing? (WAYCP) v.7
Paperboy Edition

92677-paperboy-sega-master-system-front-cover.jpeg

32 years ago today saw the release of a classic – Atari's Paperboy.

Known as much for its difficulty (at least on Sega) as it was a good time, it's important to stop and think how far the space has come.

Dawgs know the score but newcomers welcome: Talk non-threadworthy gaming and what you're up to here.

Never stop being hardcore. Never stop journeying. Gamerverse bless.

Community poll incoming – open for suggestions.

Final results from v.6 poll found the most popular genre for titles for our Community as we get older are:
  1. RPGs (Tactical/Nonlinear), followed by
  2. Shooters (SP/Competitive), and finally
  3. Action (H&S/Linear)
Skärmavbild 2022-06-01 kl. 23.17.27 2.png

I thought Paperboy was the shit back when I first started gaming as a little kid. It was mostly about how alive the environment was, and all the fun in the details

I'm playing Red Dead 2
Getting addicted to 7 Days to Die again
I reinstalled both Euro and American Truck Simulators because with the DLC there are a whole lot of new countries/states that I haven't trucked in at all, and plus it'll help me catch up on podcasts

On the last boss of Elden Ring, great game but just burned out at this point and I have nowhere near the hours lots of you guys have. Did all that I wanted to do and didn't rush I feel. Big difficulty spike in the last 20% regarding the bosses, thought they were easier for the first 80% of the game but damn I got my ass kicked by some and currently the last. I'd probably give it an 8-8.5/10, but I know I'm not as big on Fromsoft as you guys, I can totally see why you would score it a 9/10 or 10/10. It's a practical lock for GOTY. Bloodborne is still my fav Fromsoft game that I've played and something I'd rate like a 9/10.

Recently got Max Payne as I've never played the series before and wanted a good SP shooter. After a headache of getting it to work on PC I am really enjoying it. This shit must've been revolutionary for 2001, the slowmo is so badass. Hitboxes can be a little wonky but I don't blame it, its an old game. Planning on playing the 2nd afterwards since that seems to be the fan favourite. Might touch the 3rd if I'm itching for more. The first person mod for the games looks pretty awesome too.

Close to the end of Mass Effect 3, just found out about a build for Garrus in which is he unstoppable.

Would have loved to have had this knowledge earlier, as I am on insanity mode.

But man do I fucking love the Mass Effect trilogy though.

After finishing that up finally gonna jump into Elden Ring, I have barely seen any footage or know anything about the game. Which is great because I love fully blind playthroughs of Fromsoft games.

Finishing up loose ends on Sniper Elite 5 after beating campaign last night. Not 100 what's next but have a side-scroller itch to scratch. I'm burnt out on shooters ATM and want to focus on a title with traditional weaponry; sword and board or parrying and perfect block mechanics sound nice, actually. Maybe Aeterna Noctis?

Tag me for WAYCP poll wishes, BTW; can be silly or serious, broad or narrow.

Not much, really. Other things holding my interest currently but I am still dabbling in GT7. Race difficulty is ramping up which is a bit of a relief. No more blowing out second place drivers by 30+ seconds lol.

It’s nice because it’s not much of a time sink. Pick up a challenge, knock out a few races, tune a car, and I can put it down after that.

I been showering every post Ive seen with some love. Ran out and hit the limit, will come back and show the rest after the 24h limit.

Ghostwire Tokyo has been wrapped up....and I dont know if I would consider it a 'good game'.

Its a game where the most intricate of detail is put into it, so much so that even the ceramic tiles underneath washing machines in the laundromats have goddamn rust marks from all the leakage, but then the memories of our MC have posters for the current year. So much attention to detail in the inane objects but none in some crucial areas.

One of the most intricate open world areas in a game yet, up there with RDR2, and yet it never wants you to go out there and explore because everything is gated by the bullshit ubisoft open world design. Gameplay was super mundane, and uninteresting. A generic and wrote story....but yet I actually loved certain elements like the sound design, the awesome visuals [but fuck chromatic aberration] and the trippy set pieces.

The game wouldve been better as a linear title...but ultimately its super forgettable and uninteresting. Its worth playing just to see a beautiful open world on your PC but its not a good game. Mightve been better as a walking sim.

Mikami, I kinda expected better. The setting and open world was too damn amazing to have been squandered like this.

6/10

Series X
I'm currently Downloading AC Valhalla
Sniper Elite 5
Deus Ex Mankind Divided (I'm not very far and I think this is going on the Back burner for a bit)

PS4
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us ( I haven't picked up in a few months though)

Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Breath of the Wild

Quest 2

Resident Evil 4

I don't play my Switch or Oculus very often, but those are the games I've been slowley grinding on when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back