Media What? Chimaev opens as a massive favourite against Strickland?

I'll wait for the goddess Minty Bets for the "real" betting line

s_7_pc6a_400x400.jpg

As a Strickland fan.... being counted out against logic is sorta the "thing".

Imavov, Cannonier, Abus, Izzy and Allen were all supposed to steamroll this "bum". I have no idea what Strickland will have to do to earn respect but this guy is very legit. Khamzat is a interesting style but Strickland should be the favourite as the more proven MW with real MW wins.

As a Strickland fan.... being counted out against logic is sorta the "thing".

Imavov, Cannonier, Abus, Izzy and Allen were all supposed to steamroll this "bum". I have no idea what Strickland will have to do to earn respect but this guy is very legit. Khamzat is a interesting style but Strickland should be the favourite as the more proven MW with real MW wins.

If Strickland beats Chimaev he will become the biggest star in the UFC overnight. Beating Adesanya and Chimaev back to back will make him into a cowboy hero. I think it is a 50-50 fight and one that will give him alot of money and more so it comes with alot of glory for Strickland

Some of you guys shouldn’t be in charge of making lines because:
1. You’re too emotionally invested in a fighter(love and hate”
2. You overreact to the last fight of each fighter.

tale of two fights. Khamzt is a beast in that first round so if he can get strickland down he can possibly finish but if that fight hits round 3 strickland will likely walk khamzat down and win.

Chimaev is undefeated and Strickland lost to the guy he just beat albeit long ago.

It's wrestler vs striker matchup.

Well he beat Usman who dominated Sean. 10 years ago.

I can imagine anything and everything happening here.

How good is Seans wrestling. Does he have knees.

I am gonna pick Sean by decision.

Well hard to say. Can very well be a Khamzat sweep

Sean fights very passive sometimes, cruising

-300 is not "massive".

How is Strickland gonna defend the takedowns though?

The longer the fight goes, the more likely Sean will be to defend takedowns and make Khamzat fight his fight.

The first round is pretty much a damage limitation exercise for Sean, since we can likely assume Khamzat has a good deal of success early - including takedowns.

Back