What music do white kids listen to nowadays?

lol literally the same thing can be said about hip-hop and rap bro. I should send you a mixtrape of good hip-hop. Kids today are listening to that mumble rap crap like Takeshi 69 and that Old town road guy.

Just music in general at the moment I'd say, in the world of TikTok the popularity of music seems to be built around how catchy a 10 second hook it can have. Still loads of interesting stuff being made in all genres, but the path to popularity is very different to what it used to be.

Studying musical tastes among children is, in my opinion, pretty interesting. I am a mother of two children and my children love to listen to music, but their tastes do not coincide. One of them prefers rock and even metal as heavy as possible. He's even dressed like rockers, he walks around with headphones and hums a tune, and sometimes, when he's in his room, he turns up the music volume, and my head starts to hurt from the heavy sounds. And the second one listens to only rap lyrics, which seems to be more relaxed, but one thing they have in common is they listen to music only through the platform show4me, at least something they have in common.

Last edited:
My 12 year old niece is into 21 Pilots.

Is rap music the most popular form of music among white kids today? Most white teens that I've come across seem to actually like rap music over rock or anything else
it has been that way for years

The last gang of people I'd want to talk music with....young white kids. They lack depth.

Back