Whats a more impressive title defense? Koscheck or Leon Edwards

Totally different worlds but I think Usman is approaching best ever at 170 with how he is dominating the division.

Kos was a great wrestler and had a powerful right hand. Not much else. Leon is more well rounded and doesn't have embarrassing losses like Kos did.

Kos had some serious power in his prime but he needed a little more diversity in his game. His fight against Sanchez was a burner.

Koscheck had been dropped and finished several times in devestating fashion before his title shot. Rumble had lost several times at welterweight before fighting Koscheck, including being submitted by Rich Clementi who was 1-3 in the UFC at the time.

Kos was 9-1 with one loss to a RNC, and when did he fight Clementi.
R.2ee09205e55cb24249061d395b6fa96f

Koscheck had been dropped and finished several times in devestating fashion before his title shot. Rumble had lost several times at welterweight before fighting Koscheck, including being submitted by Rich Clementi who was 1-3 in the UFC at the time.

Kos was 9-1 with one loss to a RNC, and when did he fight Clementi.
R.2ee09205e55cb24249061d395b6fa96f
Vitor beat Rumble also.

I just assume anyone that talks up Koscheck/Hardy/Fitch nowadays are GSP fanboys.

Watching Koscheck skills nowadays and his striking is laughable, he also wasnt even that great of a wrestler in MMA.

GSP fanboys are a plague on this forum, they will not allow anyone to appreciate great modern day fighters

I don't see a scenario where Kos beats Leon if that helps answer the question.

GSP would beat Edwards on the feet and on the ground...I've never heard any MMA fighters claiming Edwards is the GOAT, but a lot of MMA fighters claim GSP is the GOAT. WHY IS THAT??? Not a competitive fight at all...

I dont see Koscheck almost losing to Nate Diaz.

Nathan Diaz captured The Ultimate Fighter 5 Lightweight Grand Prix Tournament.

Having said that, however, he really shouldn't have been pointing and laughing at Edwards. For the sake of argument, let's say that Nathan Diaz stopped Edwards (instead of ACTING like a clown when he was pointing and laughing at Edwards).

Nathan Diaz could've had a title shot. Seeing as how Nathan Diaz and Nick Diaz have so many fans, I could definitely imagine Dana White and the rest of the UFC giving Nathan Diaz a chance to capture the UFC Welterweight World Championship after he stopped Edwards.

I just assume anyone that talks up Koscheck/Hardy/Fitch nowadays are GSP fanboys.

Watching Koscheck skills nowadays and his striking is laughable, he also wasnt even that great of a wrestler in MMA.

GSP fanboys are a plague on this forum, they will not allow anyone to appreciate great modern day fighters
Dan hardy is a can

But usmans top win colby probably loses to kos and may lose to fitch.

Nathan Diaz captured The Ultimate Fighter 5 Lightweight Grand Prix Tournament.

Having said that, however, he really shouldn't have been pointing and laughing at Edwards. For the sake of argument, let's say that Nathan Diaz stopped Edwards (instead of ACTING like a clown when he was pointing and laughing at Edwards).

Nathan Diaz could've had a title shot. Seeing as how Nathan Diaz and Nick Diaz have so many fans, I could definitely imagine Dana White and the rest of the UFC giving Nathan Diaz a chance to capture the UFC Welterweight World Championship after he stopped Edwards.

usman asked for it.

ya diaz is a clown. doesn't really go in there to win. he comes to fight but the concept of winning is lost on him. He has a minimalits lifestyle so i guess he is satisfied iwth what he makes and doesn't have that hunger.

compare it to a younger fighter like khamzat, luque, or belal and they would have been all over him.

Kos was better. Kos stepped up and fought the best guys in the division.
Edwards is one dimensional and a prima donna with being choosy about how much risk he puts himself at.

If we’re rating these two as which is the better title defense shouldn’t the champ have won in each case first? I think Usman easily handles Edwards for another successful defense but he still needs to go out and do it.

Depends how heavily you weigh Koschecks win over Diego Sanchez, and anyone who includes Rumble as a big feather under his cap probably does not watch MMA much lol.

There's no doubt in my mind Leon would beat
Koscheck if they fought.

To this day I still don't get why die hard GSP fans use Koscheck as an exemplary accomplishment because GSP has plenty of wins to choose from

Last edited:
Back