Whats a more impressive title defense? Koscheck or Leon Edwards

Koscheck had been dropped and finished several times in devestating fashion before his title shot. Rumble had lost several times at welterweight before fighting Koscheck, including being submitted by Rich Clementi who was 1-3 in the UFC at the time.

Kos was 9-1 with one loss to a RNC, and when did he fight Clementi.
R.2ee09205e55cb24249061d395b6fa96f
Koscheck had been finished twice before he fought GSP the second time (the RNC and one KO).

You misunderstood the other person's post, Clementi never fought Koscheck. Clementi defeated Rumble Johnson. Basically they were trying to take the shine off Koscheck's win over Rumble.

Koscheck has a win over a dehydrated Rumble fucking Johnson.

Leon ain't done shit that impressive imo

LOL That version of Rumble lost to natural LWs.

Edwards has beaten RDA, Cerrone, Luque, Nelson and Tumenov. All of those are better wins than WW Rumble.

Prime Koscheck was a damn good win. I’d say him because of his wrestling. Leon isn’t a wrestler so it’s not as impressive imo. GSP went out there and wrestlefucked a NCAA division 1 wrestler.

Half the people on this forum don't even pay attention to the sport.

Yes, Edwards is a very good grappler who would've stuffed the TDs and easily outstruck Koscheck.

Nathan Diaz captured The Ultimate Fighter 5 Lightweight Grand Prix Tournament.

Having said that, however, he really shouldn't have been pointing and laughing at Edwards. For the sake of argument, let's say that Nathan Diaz stopped Edwards (instead of ACTING like a clown when he was pointing and laughing at Edwards).

Nathan Diaz could've had a title shot. Seeing as how Nathan Diaz and Nick Diaz have so many fans, I could definitely imagine Dana White and the rest of the UFC giving Nathan Diaz a chance to capture the UFC Welterweight World Championship after he stopped Edwards.

I agree, but that doesnt have anything to do with what I said though. No way in hell prime Kos almost loses to Diaz. But yeah Dana would love to get an opportunity to give Diaz a title shot. $$

GSP would beat Edwards on the feet and on the ground...I've never heard any MMA fighters claiming Edwards is the GOAT, but a lot of MMA fighters claim GSP is the GOAT. WHY IS THAT??? Not a competitive fight at all...

The thread isn't about whether Edwards is better than GSP.

Half the people on this forum don't even pay attention to the sport.

Yes, Edwards is a very good grappler who would've stuffed the TDs and easily outstruck Koscheck.

If Kos can take GSP and Hendricks down he sure as hell can take Edwards down. The wrestling of the WW division has a faded a lot in the past 5 years.

Since people like to debate gsp vs usman... what is the more impressive title defense here

Leon edwards many are not excited about, but almost everyone thinks he destroys koscheck. WHAT????

Interesting question because I see people here compare the burns title defense to matt sera WHOOOOOOO , colby to matt hughes WHOOOO and masvidal to dan hardy and jason miller. WHOOOO .

What are you talking about?? you are making up public opinion... i compare colby to Fitch... you know a top guy for years worse than the champ who could wrestle put on a pace and strike reasonably well with little power. Matt Hughes was a submission forward wrestler... nothing like colby... Masvidal is probably similar to dan hardy but NOTHING like Jason Mayhem Miller who was a submission grappler only. I have never heard anyone talk about Edwards vs Kos... Lyon is a british striker... so maybe you should compare him to Dan Hardy? he does seem to have better TDD though...

this troll thread is weak.

I agree, but that doesnt have anything to do with what I said though. No way in hell prime Kos almost loses to Diaz. But yeah Dana would love to get an opportunity to give Diaz a title shot. $$

How many users on Sherdog thought that Nathan Diaz could have that type of performance in the 5th Round against Edwards?

How many users on Sherdog thought that Nathan Diaz would make so many fans in the crowd stand up because they were so excited to see Nathan Diaz get (sort of) close to stopping Edwards?

We don't know what would've happened if Koscheck (in his best condition) had an MMA fight against Nathan Diaz (in his best condition). After all, nobody has a time machine.

He dominated Diaz and got clipped by a hard shot in the last round.

Koscheck got KO'd by Paulo fucking Thiago.

Edwards has beaten RDA, Cerrone, Luque, Nelson and Tumenov. All of those are better wins than WW Rumble.
have to be trolling mate... discuss natural LW's... then immediately name 4 natural LW out of 5 ww wins..

Edwards is 9-0 (1 NC) in his last 10 fights.

Koscheck was 7-3 in his last 10 fights when he got his title shot, and was on a 3 fight win streak.

Neither had many top 10 wins. I believe Kos had only 2, and Leon has 3 or 4. Edwards has held his ranking longer, has a longer win streak, and more top 10 wins. Clearly he is the better win.

LWs like RDA and Cerrone. Gunnar was a split decision

Leon has a dog shit resume

Koschecks accomplishments vs Leon's at their perspective title shots favors Josh due to better wins/finishes
Overall skill is definitely koscheck
Leon has the more technical standup by far, but I'm not even convinced prime Leon beats prime Josh on the feet due to Josh's right hand and good chin.
Grappling is all koscheck no question. One of the few guys to get gsp down and had a sick power double, if not the best. Pretty easy decision in my mind. This generation is not on par with that generation.

Edwards by a considerable margin. He doesn't have any emasculating losses (he was DQ'd on the regional scene for KO'ing his opponent with an illegal knee, he fought a Brazilian in Brazil to a split decision, and he went to decision with a welterweight GOAT candidate). His win over Luque has aged very well. He knocked down Gunnar Nelson and took him down several times as well. He took down RDA multiple times. He took down Tumenov and submitted him.

Koscheck had been dropped and finished several times in devestating fashion before his title shot. Rumble had lost several times at welterweight before fighting Koscheck, including being submitted by Rich Clementi who was 1-3 in the UFC at the time.

tumblr_nhu2b6q4vd1rofocqo1_400.gif

tumblr_olyppfmPyW1rofocqo1_400.gifv

giphy.gif
I think you forget that koscheck grew up in the UFC. If you watch the original tuf he straight up only knew how to wrestle. His early career is alot of growth and trial and error. By the time he hit his prime he was beast.

Koscheck fought rumble johnson. End of story.

Koscheck had been finished twice before he fought GSP the second time (the RNC and one KO).

You misunderstood the other person's post, Clementi never fought Koscheck. Clementi defeated Rumble Johnson. Basically they were trying to take the shine off Koscheck's win over Rumble.
Gotcha on the Rumble part (went over my head) but they referenced to fighting for the belt, without distinguishing between two chances.

50/50. Leon is more technically and defensively sound and has better fight IQ. Koscheck, however had far better physical attributes and probably has better wins

Back