Opinion What's Dan Crenshaw's deal with David Goggins?

Eh like Jessie Ventura probably doesn’t like the glamorization of it all. Don’t think it’s a bad thing it’s not like he hates him
A lot of SEALS actually don't like jessie Ventura either. I don't think it's the glamorization, guys like Chris Kyle, lutrell and Rob O'Neill write books detailing their stories and get movie deals but no SEALS complain. Jessie Ventura speaks about that stuff and the SEAL community turned against him. If you don't fall in line as stereotypical neocon military guy they don't like you

He's been burned a lot in his life, especially early childhood. I don't blame him for not liking people after what he's been through.

If everybody else is doing you wrong.... maybe everybody else isn't the problem

It's really easy to see why his fellow SEALS didn't like him then and don't like him now

Those claims were not proven false, they were just not deemed significant to the breach of contract. Personal attacks don't mix well with contracts after all i get it. But still they werent lies, this wasent a court hearing over his "character" or anything. And it certainly isnt the full picture

Why are you simping so hard for this guy anyways, i gave you a legitimate reason why these people would not like/trust the dude and you defend him to no end, why?
You posted a court case you didn’t read that listed unproven claims from a butthurt movie director trying to sue Goggins for money, who then tried to have a defamation lawsuit dismissed and was laughed and and denied by the court. That’s some how a legitimate what exactly?

And I’m not defending Goggins, I’m only pointing out that for some reason you’re criticizing another man on an Internet forum based on nothing more than jealous gossip. If that’s not some bitch made shit, I don’t know what is.

Sorry but if your a TACP and later a SEAL during the absolute height of combat and miss all of the deployments to combat… that kind of says something. Sure he’s a physical badass and great speaker, but that’s just weird. To be in SOF, do all of that shit to get there and miss 20 years of wars. But ya know he got ranger school so, there’s that. Bragging as a seal about ranger school but having not 1 combat deployment. Not that impressive really, considering brand new 2LTs routinely pass ranger school, so do privates, cooks, truck drivers.

Maybe I’m wrong but his ribbon rack tells the story however I’m not an expert on navy ribbons maybe I’m wrong.

I think you get like 3 general types of SEALs out there. The ones that are very open and frank about what they did to the point they get accused of only going through BUD/S so they can write a book by other branches. The others that are like "yeah, I went through BUD/S big fucking deal so have 1000s of others" and then those in the middle that hold the Eagle/Trident/Anchor in high esteem and went on combat missions but DIDN'T write a book.

Goggins isn't the first but his book and all his workout stuff I think has some view him that way. Jocko is the second one, Crenshaw is closer to the third. Jocko talks about BUD/S and said once no one talks about it really after cause "yeah, we all did it so who cares?"

Goggins would be the ultimate workout partner as long as you could do your own thing and he was just the one screaming at you while you're doing your set:

Specifically that part where he's doing bench with Cameron Hanes and his "who's going to carry the boats" speech. Shit like that can make some people willing to run through a brickwall.

I think Crenshaw's personality and Goggins' would never mesh even if they were never SEALs. They could have both been regular Army Infantry in like the Big Red One and they still would have personalities that wouldn't mesh.

David goggins personality wise just doesn't act like your typical navy seal. He has the personality of some gung ho Senior enlisted guy you'd encounter in the fleet Marine corps moreso than a spec ops type of guy. Those two personality types often don't mesh either, you are right about that. As far as the using their service to sell a book thing. Dan has the title of Navy Seal in all of his social media, just like David goggins. He also uses that Seal title to market his books that he's written and to campaign for his political career and for his overall brand, so he's not much different from David goggins in that aspect. The only thing I can think of is he feels superior to David goggins because Dan has a better combat record than goggins does and doesn't think that he should be getting as much admiration as Seals like Dan and others who were injured in combat, but that's just petty.

A lot of SEALS actually don't like jessie Ventura either. I don't think it's the glamorization, guys like Chris Kyle, lutrell and Rob O'Neill write books detailing their stories and get movie deals but no SEALS complain. Jessie Ventura speaks about that stuff and the SEAL community turned against him. If you don't fall in line as stereotypical neocon military guy they don't like you
What it sounds like to me is the criticism is really just within the SEAL community and doesn’t extend outside of it, and mostly has to do with Goggins decision to become a Navy Recruiter. I get the impression that a lot in the SEAL community viewed that as a way for Goggins to avoid combat deployment. Whether that’s true or not only Goggins knows, but I think that’s also why Crenshaw doesn’t go into details. Crenshaw probably rightly understands that that is a criticism that is only going to be understood by other SEALs, while the rest of us are just as impressed with a guy that got thru BUDS in the first place.

You posted a court case you didn’t read that listed unproven claims from a butthurt movie director trying to sue Goggins for money, who then tried to have a defamation lawsuit dismissed and was laughed and and denied by the court. That’s some how a legitimate what exactly?

And I’m not defending Goggins, I’m only pointing out that for some reason you’re criticizing another man on an Internet forum based on nothing more than jealous gossip. If that’s not some bitch made shit, I don’t know what is.
Alright guy, the criticisms have been out about this guy for years. There are youtube videos about him, people have made comments before me. Im not off the cuff coming after him. He's shilling himself, and has been called out for it before.

Your arguing for arguments sake, the court file i posted that you didn't even read until i called you out on it was never my "smoking gun". I merely posted it so you would understand the guy was shilling himself first with the book and then with a goddamn movie about himself while intentionally misrepresenting the shitty details about his own life experience. This is a perfect example on why he's criticized low key, and why crenshaw doesn't like him.

Your whole argument is "well in the court he won his counter claim, which you posted did you evven reaad". That doesn't matter here, they obviously at some point in the process privy to how much the guy was hiding and probably weren't to keen to make a movie about him anways. Whatever happened after is besides the point.

Bottom line, the guy smells of bullshiting. He's not the first navy seal to shill himself with a book and a movie and he won't be the last.

Other SEAL's don't like Goggin's cuz he joined the Navy literally just to exercise lol... didnt give a shit about anything else
Not true, if he just wanted to exercise like you claim, he easily could have just joined as a supply guy or some other support role and got swole on his off time. Instead he became a Seal, knowing he would be put on deployment, knowing he would be spending a lot of time in the field with no access to a gym, and knowing he would be sent to combat at some point.

Not true, if he just wanted to exercise like you claim, he easily could have just joined as a supply guy or some other support role and got swole on his off time. Instead he became a Seal, knowing he would be put on deployment, knowing he would be spending a lot of time in the field with no access to a gym, and knowing he would be sent to combat at some point.

Exactly. Which makes him a scumbag for not being a team player. You're kind of just repeating what I already said. All good though.

Sorry but if your a TACP and later a SEAL during the absolute height of combat and miss all of the deployments to combat… that kind of says something. Sure he’s a physical badass and great speaker, but that’s just weird. To be in SOF, do all of that shit to get there and miss 20 years of wars. But ya know he got ranger school so, there’s that. Bragging as a seal about ranger school but having not 1 combat deployment. Not that impressive really, considering brand new 2LTs routinely pass ranger school, so do privates, cooks, truck drivers.

Maybe I’m wrong but his ribbon rack tells the story however I’m not an expert on navy ribbons maybe I’m wrong.
According to this, he deployed to Iraq with Seal Team 5.
https://allhands.navy.mil/Stories/Display-Story/Article/1840612/the-toughest-man-alive/

EEn5kZUW4Agjc6r.jpg

Dq7_64kVYAAqL9Z.jpg:large

The guy was huge when he enlisted, I think the story is mainly about him just being able to make it. I can't recall him telling any real "war stories", most of the stuff he talks about are his physical feats in ultramarathons, military trials, etc. Not what he did in the field of battle.

His heart problems also probably got in the way of his military career. Wouldn't be surprised if the military saw him as more valuable for recruiting, fund-raising and other such work, compared to deploying him in combat.

Last edited:

He has a CAR and an Iraq campaign medal, not that impressive for a SEAL but he does have deployments and it's not like he's claiming to be some badass war dog or something

Exactly. Which makes him a scumbag for not being a team player. You're kind of just repeating what I already said. All good though.
No you're claiming he only joined so that he can work out. People who do that don't even join regular infantry much less try out for Buds, they just get regular noncombat jobs so their time in service can be more stable

He has a CAR and an Iraq campaign medal, not that impressive for a SEAL but he does have deployments and it's not like he's claiming to be some badass war dog or something
Yeah I see it now.
You’re right, but also right that he doesn’t rest on his combat experience to sell himself. I stand corrected.

Alright guy, the criticisms have been out about this guy for years. There are youtube videos about him, people have made comments before me. Im not off the cuff coming after him. He's shilling himself, and has been called out for it before.

Your arguing for arguments sake, the court file i posted that you didn't even read until i called you out on it was never my "smoking gun". I merely posted it so you would understand the guy was shilling himself first with the book and then with a goddamn movie about himself while intentionally misrepresenting the shitty details about his own life experience. This is a perfect example on why he's criticized low key, and why crenshaw doesn't like him.

Your whole argument is "well in the court he won his counter claim, which you posted did you evven reaad". That doesn't matter here, they obviously at some point in the process privy to how much the guy was hiding and probably weren't to keen to make a movie about him anways. Whatever happened after is besides the point.

Bottom line, the guy smells of bullshiting. He's not the first navy seal to shill himself with a book and a movie and he won't be the last.
Just going to be honest with you, bud. Your continued desire to disparage another man based on gossip is making you look like a weak bitch.

Just going to be honest with you, bud. Your continued desire to disparage another man based on gossip is making you look like a weak bitch.
I have nothing personally against the guy, just answering a question. I'll take your name calling as a concession

Dan Crenshaw made the highest ranking unintentional comedy campaign ad of all time. A record I don't think will be topped.

So you believe they were being serious in that commercial?

If everybody else is doing you wrong.... maybe everybody else isn't the problem

It's really easy to see why his fellow SEALS didn't like him then and don't like him now

No. Going through childhood trauma and abuse is not his fault. Sounds like you have not read his book.

Learning what exactly he grew up with might help you empathize with him a bit more. I'm not saying he doesn't have personal agency and I'm not saying he is likeable. I am saying that if I went through what he did then I might not be the most agreeable person either.

Is this post supposed to call out Crenshaw for poor behaviour or ethics? As a result of a couple of veterans speaking hyperbolically and frantically about dozens of topics as he's walking somewhere?
They may have legitimate concern, but you don't approach it like that. Everybody will keep walking, even if they may agree. Stop making a scene and act rationally.

Oh, yeah, bro. I'm sure if these combat vets had been Trump supporters and they were all up in arms and wanted to talk to Dan about his plans to deal with the "invasion" occurring on the Southern border Crenshaw would have blown them off in the same dismissive, insulting way. You're a clown.

Oh, yeah, bro. I'm sure if these combat vets had been Trump supporters and they were all up in arms and wanted to talk to Dan about his plans to deal with the "invasion" occurring on the Southern border Crenshaw would have blown them off in the same dismissive, insulting way. You're a clown.

Embarrassing evaluation. The rhetoric coming from the two followers was incoherent and all over the place.

Imagine thinking people have some duty to address that.

Back