What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Any complaints? Looking at one of their handguards for my AR10. I think it’s the Ion
to be honest? no, their Handguard are very good looking, lightweight and have a high amount of finish. The locking tabs take a second to kinda come to grips with instead of just using hex screws but even that is implemented real well. The just dont really color match anything lol. What ever coating they give it is like a cross between a dark SOCOM blue and matte black that looks distinct from your upper and lower if they arent also SLR. But i cerakote everything these days anyway so no biggie

to be honest? no, their Handguard are very good looking, lightweight and have a high amount of finish. The locking tabs take a second to kinda come to grips with instead of just using hex screws but even that is implemented real well. The just dont really color match anything lol. What ever coating they give it is like a cross between a dark SOCOM blue and matte black that looks distinct from your upper and lower if they arent also SLR. But i cerakote everything these days anyway so no biggie
Yeah this will get a rattle can camo job so matching color won’t be a big deal for me.

Think I’ll grab one since the handguard and BCG are the last parts for this I need

I still need to get the lower receiver and optics but so far here is everything I purchased for my first build. I didn't really know much about AR's before doing my homework for this so hope it turns out OK. I know it's kind of an older platform but I really liked the aesthetics of the Troy alpha rail over the newer platforms. I was a bit limited in regards to what is available in the market.

Ballistic Advantage 16" 5.56 Mid-Length HBAR Barrel
Ultradyne Pulse Compensator
Troy Alpha Rail Handguard 13" Black
Troy Standard Barrel Nut
Troy Squid Grip
Troy QD Sling Swivel/Mount
Aero Precision .750 Low Profile Gas Block
Aero Precision Mid-Length Melonited Gas Tube
Aero Precision 5.56 Black Nitride BCG
Aero Precision Carbine Buffer Kit
SAA Stripped Upper Receiver
SAA Forward Assist
Strike Industries Charging Handle
Strike Industries Ultimate Dust Cover
BCM Grip Mod 0 Foliage Green
BCM Stock Mod 0 Foliage Green
BCM Trigger Gaurd Foliage Green
CMC Curved 3.5lb Trigger
SOLGW Lower Parts Kit

I still need to get the lower receiver and optics but so far here is everything I purchased for my first build. I didn't really know much about AR's before doing my homework for this so hope it turns out OK. I know it's kind of an older platform but I really liked the aesthetics of the Troy alpha rail over the newer platforms. I was a bit limited in regards to what is available in the market.

Ballistic Advantage 16" 5.56 Mid-Length HBAR Barrel
Ultradyne Pulse Compensator
Troy Alpha Rail Handguard 13" Black
Troy Standard Barrel Nut
Troy Squid Grip
Troy QD Sling Swivel/Mount
Aero Precision .750 Low Profile Gas Block
Aero Precision Mid-Length Melonited Gas Tube
Aero Precision 5.56 Black Nitride BCG
Aero Precision Carbine Buffer Kit
SAA Stripped Upper Receiver
SAA Forward Assist
Strike Industries Charging Handle
Strike Industries Ultimate Dust Cover
BCM Grip Mod 0 Foliage Green
BCM Stock Mod 0 Foliage Green
BCM Trigger Gaurd Foliage Green
CMC Curved 3.5lb Trigger
SOLGW Lower Parts Kit
well you already got it, but you coulda saved yourself a lot of money just getting a generic lower parts kit without the pistol grip and FCG. Nothing in the SOLGW kits is note worthy and a lot of it comes from White Label Armory anyway. its 40 bucks worth of stuff.

well you already got it, but you coulda saved yourself a lot of money just getting a generic lower parts kit without the pistol grip and FCG. Nothing in the SOLGW kits is note worthy and a lot of it comes from White Label Armory anyway. its 40 bucks worth of stuff.
I had browsed around and that was the cheapest lower parts kit that I could find that didn't include grip/trigger since I was purchasing that separately. A lot of the places where I was looking were sold out so I just went with that since it was available, not really because of the brand name. I paid $45 for it so no biggie.

I wanted to get the lower parts kit from Strike Industries with all the fancy shit but they were on back order.

After 10 days of being in his possession, the FFL finally give me the info I need to apply for my handgun permit. Pretty sure he needed it registered on his end within five days. Now I gotta make an appointment to apply for a permit to acquire. The permit takes a minimum of two weeks. Common fuckin' sense at work. :rolleyes:

200 round case of Barnes 300 blk Tac-tx

NfLt02u54Ga0H4huIqzi9PGTUJBC72I-ULzW9ovnkfZG6iORNT7BRunhDv7LOJk3ZKqxGZb1kM_6jwgStQdd1KDzGvvKQD9bKI4JPen8srAgH3krnMsEUDC0_AbL

attachment.php

I'm overpaying for it but whatever. I've been trying to find it for months.

After 10 days of being in his possession, the FFL finally give me the info I need to apply for my handgun permit. Pretty sure he needed it registered on his end within five days. Now I gotta make an appointment to apply for a permit to acquire. The permit takes a minimum of two weeks. Common fuckin' sense at work. :rolleyes:

+_ee1e0e02cff73ec6d661c82befc31fe1.png

I can't imagine having to put up with that bullshit. If my paperwork and approval takes more than 5 minutes I'm annoyed.

Back