Opinion Where do you draw the line on gun regulation?

You're the "lazy asshole" using laughable terminology like "assault weapon".

An "assault weapon" is a "rifle" you dumb fuck.

Again, stop being a lazy asshole. We banned assault weapons in the 90s, you can go and look up the definition. I don't recall rifles ever being banned.

I don't draw a line on the weapons. Citizens should be able to own whatever law enforcement can own. I'm fine with felons not being able to buy guns.
Tax evasion? EPA violators? Nah I'd restrict violent felons.

Why do you think people need assault weapons?
I'm all for protecting yourself and your property if you go through stringent mental health checks etc, but why do you NEED an AR15?

An AR15 isn't an "assault weapon" . . . it's a semi-auto with extra features.

Semi-autos have several valid uses and benefits. Regardless, if I need to protect myself or my family I want to have the biggest and best advantage possible. Whether that's using an AR, semi-auto shotgun or hand gun with a mag that holds more than 10 rds.

Again, stop being a lazy asshole. We banned assault weapons in the 90s, you can go and look up the definition. I don't recall rifles ever being banned.

lolz. and it was such a stupid/pointless law and such a colossal failure that it sunset and was not renewed. also, it was laughable in terms of failing to ever really establish what the hell an "assault weapon" really was. it was a point system of 'evil features,' which seriously included a bayonet lug (and barrel shrouds... or as one of the anti-gun politicians brilliantly stated: "shoulder thing that goes up." )

It’d be nice if there was wasn’t a surplus of guns out there that are non registered.

Slightly Off topic: hate to say it but I have a unique take on guns. If it was up to me, all guns would be banned and sucked up into the air via giant magnet. Not even criminals in America would have them.

Being 6’ 1” 210lbs with 20 years of BJJ/wrestling/MMA experience.... I’d automatically be in the top 1% dangerous humans in America.

Glad it isn't up to you . . . and what do you mean by "non-registered"? Who should be registering what and why?

All mass murder are done with either high capacity rifes or pistols. Again 3 round max everything.

You can have an AR with 3 rounds or a 270 win. I'll take the 270 win. Least I can hit something at 800 yrds.

You just said that nukes are ridiculous. The world would end pretty quickly if everyone were allowed to have their own nuclear device.

Yes, you mentioning nukes is silly. It's not like you can run down to your military surplus store and pick up a fat boy. You can't get training, certification, and even sourcing the materials is likely illegal.

All mass murder are done with either high capacity rifes or pistols. Again 3 round max everything.

You can have an AR with 3 rounds or a 270 win. I'll take the 270 win. Least I can hit something at 800 yrds.

This is false.

For example, the Nice truck attack.

The attacker killed 84 people and injured 434,[91][7][92][93] 52 critically; 25 remained on life support the next day; an 85th person died from injuries three weeks after the attack,[2] and an 86th just over a month after the attack.[3] On 17 July 65 injured were still in hospital, 18 in critical condition.[4][94] Fourteen of the dead were children. The figure of 434 indicates the total number of people admitted into hospital with injuries due to the attack

Limiting mag capacity is extremely short sighted and makes absolutely no sense to me . . . especially if your main reason is all in the name of preventing a "mass shooting".

Why do you think people need assault weapons?
I'm all for protecting yourself and your property if you go through stringent mental health checks etc, but why do you NEED an AR15?

why do you NEED a sports car? why do you NEED air conditioning? why do you NEED yoga pants? why do you NEED starbucks coffee?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/home-invader-fatally-shot-florida-pregnant-woman-ar-15-n1076026

sure, maybe a 10/22 or pea shooter could have worked, but when your family's lives are at stake why choose anything worse than an ar15?

All mass murder are done with either high capacity rifes or pistols.

<LikeReally5>
<TrumpWrong1>

and like, laughably wrong. funnier still, right after all the 9/11 shit everywhere...

and dumber, most 'mass shootings' use handguns. not rifles or pistols. but it's cute that the people wanting to ban guns are the same ones who know nothing at all about them... ie: not knowing what a pistol is.

Limiting mag capacity is extremely short sighted and makes absolutely no sense to me . . . especially if your main reason is all in the name of preventing a "mass shooting".
How do you figure? Ever heard of a musket shooting spree? Nope. Never. Under my proposal you get two extra shots. So most that would get shot is 3. Mass shootings would never happen like with muskets.

How do you figure? Ever heard of a musket shooting spree? Nope. Never. Under my proposal you get two extra shots. So most that would get shot is 3. Mass shootings would never happen like with muskets.

Muskets take forever to load.
Even limiting.mags to 3....i could carry 25 mags and reload easily plus have side arms mid load in case someone gets brave. It wont do anything significant.

<LikeReally5>
<TrumpWrong1>

and like, laughably wrong. funnier still, right after all the 9/11 shit everywhere...

and dumber, most 'mass shootings' use handguns. not rifles or pistols. but it's cute that the people wanting to ban guns are the same ones who know nothing at all about them... ie: not knowing what a pistol is.

Ive had a life hunting licence since 5 years old over 45 years. Probably killed 40,000 animals. I know more about guns than everyone you know. Its capacity that the problem

Every person who is not a felon should be able to carry a gun..
The National Guard should represent the people and should be better equipped than the military..

Define gun and what your limit on personal ownership would be.

The big issue for me is that the genie is out of the bottle. Even if you banned all guns, guns still exist. We are not the world. They are still being made, the patents exists and they'll be made in other countries. People that want guns will get guns. If you became really strict and put people away for 10 years for gun possession, people will simply turn to knives and other weapons. You'll fix mass shootings but now you'll have a knife epidemic on your hands.

Eh, this argument doesn't really fly. Countries that have banned guns have dramatically lowered the death rate. Going on a stabbing spree is a lot harder than shooting people. To be pro gun means you need to acknowledge this reality and accept the deaths you are trading in exchange for personal freedom.

i'm sure criminals (you know, the mass murderers you're so scared of) would adhere to this and never use more than 3 rounds. /s

and lolz @ believing that no one ever shot x people with muskets or whatever. ffs, even oldass black powder revolvers were... you know, revolvers.

{<jordan}

<LikeReally5>
<TrumpWrong1>

<LikeReally5>
<TrumpWrong1>

You're one of those anal guys eh. I'm sorry, pisol/hanguns are used inchangablely. 3 round clips would limit the nightly news so we dont have to ban them which i dont want having a lifetime hunting license my dad paid $700 for when i was 5.

I said clips on purpose to trigger \lol

Ive had a life hunting licence since 5 years old over 45 years. Probably killed 40,000 animals. I know more about guns than everyone you know. Its capacity that the problem

and yet, i already caught you in numerous mistakes.

you don't know shit, fudd.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Back