Where does Conor rank on all time goat lists?

technically youre not a champion until youve defended your belt. so i guess this was the closest conrad has ever came to being a champ

fa0f4771-8827-4725-b8d2-2f15698db3a2-2018-10-06_Khabib-Conor1.jpg

is that what youre implying? i can get on board with that

but damn, for a guy with no hands, conor really made khabib look good in that fight. its such a shame conor had to walk in carrying a belt and walk out with nothing after that performance.

Well you claimed "at least Conor tried to defend a belt" and I simply asked when did Conor try to defend a belt,
since I have no recollection of Conor trying to defend any belt.

To defend a belt..you have to be the champion since you cannot defend what you do not have.

Well you claimed "at least Conor tried to defend a belt" and I simply asked when did Conor try to defend a belt,
since I have no recollection of Conor trying to defend any belt.

To defend a belt..you have to be the champion since you cannot defend what you do not have.

yeah i done goofed that one up. my bad ill own that. times kinda passed me by and i forgot they stripped him and gave khabib the belt after the raging al fight.

Other than the top 4 which is in no order (Jon Jones, Silva, Fedor and GSP.) the MMA GOAT lists are kinda unclear. You have Khabib and Mighty Mouse up there but you don’t have much depth.

Is Conor a top 10 fighter of all time?

Conor may not have the most title defenses but what he's achieved and the records he's broken definitely put him at the top of the sport. No other fighter in MMA took out the champion so effortlessly and then immediately gone up to the next division and toyed with that champion while completely outclassing him to become the first ever 2 weight UFC champion

WEC champ... Before your time.
That’s not the same. Also let’s compare Volk and Faber:

UFC champ > WEC champ
21-1 > 35-11 MMA record
8-0 > 11-7 in UFC
Won Aldo > lost to Aldo

What makes Faber better than Volk? Your nostalgia?

Top 5 featherweight GOAT, nothing else. The most padded career in UFC history.

Absolutely no where! Because he is a one dimensional fighter.

That’s not the same.
The WEC was owned and operated by Zuffa. All BW and FW WEC champions were considered the #1 fighter in the world. The original BW & FW UFC divisions were made up of entirely WEC fighters to start with. Literally nobody but WEC fighters were on the BW and FW UFC rosters during that time frame. That's why when the UFC absorbed the WEC Aldo and Cruz didn't have to fight for the new UFC belts, they just received them. This happened because the UFC acknowledged the WEC belts as the same.

Last edited:
Not a Conor fan but that reasoning sucks. So you're allowed to lose to Chonan and Takase and be considered one of the greats? You're allowed to lose to Serra? Bader? I mean losing to anyone doesn't eliminate you from GOAT contention. That is stupid.
They also defend their belts against top competition while clearing out all the top guys in the division. What top guys has conor defended against?

He beat an inexperienced holloway, and beat 2 ranked guys at FW. At LW? Eddie Alvarez lol.

They also defend their belts against top competition while clearing out all the top guys in the division. What top guys has conor defended against?

He beat an inexperienced holloway, and beat 2 ranked guys at FW. At LW? Eddie Alvarez lol.

I never said Conor was GOAT. I said saying he can't be GOAT because he lost to Nate Diaz is fucking stupid.

The WEC was owned and operated by Zuffa. All BW and FW WEC champions were considered the #1 fighter in the world. The original BW & FW UFC divisions were made up of entirely WEC fighters to start with. Literally nobody but WEC fighters were on the BW and FW UFC rosters during that time frame. That's why when the UFC absorbed the WEC Aldo and Cruz didn't have to fight for the new UFC belts, they just received them. This happened because the UFC acknowledged the WEC belts as the same.
Still not the same.
Faber fought for the title in his first fight for the promotion being 11-1 at the time. You don’t get title shots like that in UFC.
Volk was 20-1 with 7 wins UFC to get the title shot. Beating the likes of Mendes and Aldo on the way. Also WEC wasn’t really a global promotion as almost all of it’s roster was from North America and Brazil.

Faber fought for the title in his first fight for the promotion being 11-1 at the time. You don’t get title shots like that in UFC.
Francis Ngannou: 11-1
Cain Velaquez: 8-0
Jon Jones: 12-1
Rashad Evans: 12-0
Chris Weidman: 9-0
Henry Cejudo: 12-2
Cody Barbrandt: 10-0

And those are just the most recent examples I could think of... What the fuck are you talking about lol?

It's fine if you weren't aware the WEC was the premier division for BW and FW fighters, but don't spit nonsense to others.

Last edited:
He's not consistent enough. Conor has skills and with proper marketing and fight selection, he can look amazing. But, eventually, if a fighter is to call himself a GOAT or at least consider himself to be in talks, he's gonna have to go threw a slew of contenders, many of which are hungry for glory and have a variety or skills and abilities that vary from the norm. Until Conor can beat any up and comer and take on all challengers and win, he's not GOAT material. GOATS fight all types of fighters and come out on top all of the time during their reign. GSP and Jones (say what you will about his history) have emerged victorious and stood the test of time. Silva is a good candidate, too (at least for the time). Khabib may be well on his way. His body of work isn't quite as extensive as the others, but he's looking quite invincible. Strikers can't beat him, grapplers can't beat him, and even generalists haven't seemed to be able to beat him. If Khabib can get passed Tony, who I would consider an advanced generalist who leans towards striking, but has legit grappling chops, I'd consider Khabib as the guy that's heading towards GOAT territory.

Conor and his fans can parade around like Conor is one of the best, but eventually, someone will and have pulled his card before, and we've seen the results. Even in GSP's losses, he's never been thoroughly dominated and embarrassed. He's been beaten, and caught clean, but there was always an avenue for him to redeem himself. Besides Conor's earlier losses by sub, Conor has been thoroughly beaten twice, his last lost he was blown out. Conor isn't particularly early in his career to chalk it up to inexperience, either. He has some clear holes. Not that he can't fill those holes, but his trajectory doesn't lend itself to be the case. I could be wrong, but Conor doesn't seem to have enough time left to put off fighting every top fighter there is and coming out victorious all the time. Conor has to go on a legendary run, he'd have to take out Masvidal, Justin, Tony, Hooker, Dustin (again just to make a statement), Felder, and rematch and beat Khabib and then defend some times. That would be a GOAT worthy redemption story. Conor taking on fighters coming off of bad losses or settling grudge matches with opponents who won't taste a belt only to hope to catch the champ (whoever it turns out to beat) in the next the fight isn't the right answer.

Positioning himself for gold by avoiding the landmines will come back to bite him because eventually guys like Khabib or Tony or some other threat we haven't considered will rise to the occasion and challenge Conor. What will Conor do? Probably go on hiatus, joke about who is worthy or not, and then hint at retirement. People will note these things and if he's pushed into a corner and "has" to take a fight and loses, the whole cycle begins again. Conor can't afford another misstep like what happened when he became double champ, got stripped due to inactivity, and then jump into the fray again. Not enough time on his body and fight clocks to do that.

And those are just the most recent examples I could think of... What the fuck are you talking about lol?

It's fine if you weren't aware the WEC was the premier division for BW and FW fighters, but don't spit nonsense to others.
All of the guys you just mentioned were on winning streaks in UFC and wasn’t their first fight in the promotion. It’s a big difference

All of the guys you just mentioned were on winning streaks in UFC and wasn’t their first fight in the promotion. It’s a big difference
Jake Shields fought GSP for the title in his second ever UFC fight. Anderson Silva beat Rich Franklin for the title in his second ever UFC fight. Stop being such a god damn casual lol

Last edited:

What was Lesnar? Like 2-1?

Not many double divison champs in history.
His was also a gift. He didn’t deserve a shot another title in a diff weight clsss at all. He had great performances against Aldo and Alvarez, no doubt. But he didn’t deserve a shot at the 155 belt.

Back