where the fighter pay outrage

snackgod

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The outrage is still there, to a degree. It comes up around here, too, it's just that no one here pays attention to Bellator. The people in WW who actually watch do bring it up here and there. It's just that the UFC portrays itself as the self proclaimed "Super Bowl of fighting." If they wanna be the NFL of martial arts, breaking bread goes hand in hand with that. People don't go to the NFL for $20k, and they get a bonus for going to the Super Bowl.

It's true tho that ppl think the ufc invented all of fight sports problems

a fight fought for 5k. that fighter out there same body and mental health on the line that the ufc guys do.

vicaom is worth just as much as the ufc ownership they could pay tthere prelim fighters way better.

you all say the ufc fighter pay isnt a liveing wage so what is 5k and 5k to win ?

Bellator 300 salaries: Cris Cyborg leads list of six-figure payouts (usatoday.com)
It's about profits, not about how much the parent companies are worth. The UFC's profits are astronomically bigger than Bellators. In fact, the UFC's profits are larger than all boxing promotions and MMA organizations combined the last time I checked (wrap your head around that for a second). But still somehow Boxing stars get paid much much higher than all UFC stars. How do you reckon they manage that when the UFC has much higher profits? Lol, I'll give you a hint, they might pay more than just 13% to the boxers.

But here you are trying to compare something that's not even comparable. Make a thread when you find another company that's comparable to what the UFC is making.

Last edited:
Well, it's kinda only brought up over here because it's the "UFC Discussion" here.

Just cause Bellator's pay is even shittier doesn't invalidate UFC's shit pay.

It's about profits, not about how much the parent companies worth. The UFC's profits are astronomically bigger than Bellators.
I've grown tired of explaining the broken logic in their reasoning. The secondary issue is that the fighters have to remain hungry. If you pay them too much they don't reach full potential or get really soft. The cards are often carried by 1 star and the old guard who warrant good pay.

It's about profits, not about how much the parent companies are worth. The UFC's profits are astronomically bigger than Bellators. In fact, the UFC's profits are larger than all boxing promotions and MMA organizations combined the last time I checked, wrap your head around that for a second.

so a company who puts on more events a year in bigger arenas that charges more money for tickets has more money than one that doesnt. who knew. again you all cry how dare someone put there health on the line in the ufc for 20k, there was a fighter who fight a few hours ago who was paid 2k.

I've grown tired of explaining the broken logic in their reasoning. The secondary issue is that the fighters have to remain hungry. If you pay them too much they don't reach full potential or get really soft. The cards are often carried by 1 star and the old guard who warrant good pay.
Hi Dana

I saw a fighter in that article who fought for 2k in a loss. People love to hate on the UFC but their shit pay is better than the other orgs shit pay.
Yet the UFC is only paying 13% to their fighters out of the over 400 million in profits projected this year alone, and with no sponsorships for fighters. Meanwhile other organizations have literally no profits but are still paying more percentages to their fighters which include sponsors.

Last edited:
The outrage is still there, to a degree. It comes up around here, too, it's just that no one here pays attention to Bellator. The people in WW who actually watch do bring it up here and there. It's just that the UFC portrays itself as the self proclaimed "Super Bowl of fighting." If they wanna be the NFL of martial arts, breaking bread goes hand in hand with that. People don't go to the NFL for $20k, and they get a bonus for going to the Super Bowl.

all i see is ariel and the media talking about the ufc. nfl players work 17 plus weekends a year last i checked no mma fight fights 17 times in a year.

Yet the UFC is only paying 13% to their fighters out of the 400 million in profits with no sponsorship. Meanwhile other organizations have no profits but are still paying more percentages to their fighters.
Yeah but would you want to be paid 2k or 10k?

They actually get sponsor moneys on banners and shorts. Something the UFC took away just to restructure so they could keep it for themselves.

so how much sponsor money did the guy who foguth an lost making 2k get?

also any ufc fighter can have sponsors there this thing called social media.

Well, it's kinda only brought up over here because it's the "UFC Discussion" here.

Just cause Bellator's pay is even shittier doesn't invalidate UFC's shit pay.

dont see the media asking scott coker about it. i dont see ariel crying about it like he was when talking to nate diaz.

so a company who puts on more events a year in bigger arenas that charges more money for tickets has more money than one that doesnt. who knew. again you all cry how dare someone put there health on the line in the ufc for 20k, there was a fighter who fight a few hours ago who was paid 2k.
It's what they can afford to pay, what the UFC is getting away with is criminal imo.

Back