where the fighter pay outrage

Wait till the OP learns that contender series also pays 5K/5K, which is essentially what a Bellator bottom of the prelim fight is since they are all on one bout contracts

to be fair they dont work for the ufc yet an all i see is ariel crying on his radio with nate diaz saying you should be making more millions to fight while not asking scott coker about what the low level prelim fighters.

apples and oranges.
It's not apples to oranges. You're expecting a company that makes a fraction of what the other does to pay similar.

They pay better than UFC does, percentagewise to what they make as a company.

Will never understand the obsession sheddoggers have with the belief that professional athletes should get paid tons of money, just because they are professional athletes. that's not how it works. remember, until only about thirty or forty years ago, most athletes in the major ball sports had to work second jobs in the offseason. athletes making seven, eight, and nine figure salaries was unheard of until relatively recent history

that is the new normal for major ball sports; but it is still not the norm for professional athletics in general. due to a combination of:

1) athletes - take fighters in this case - not organizing and negotiating for much better pay from the relatively wealthy companies they work for (UFC in this case)

or

2) not enough people giving a fuck about a sport such as kickboxing for instance or water polo (which i love by the way and is a badass sport)

qZnYaSS.jpg

UFC champion 6 months training peak male physical form

I'll start caring about fighter pay as soon as fighters start worrying about how I'm gonna pay my bills. I don't understand this mindset. It's like watching an action movie and hoping Tom Cruise got paid for a motorcycle jump. Who cares? Dance for me monkey!

dont see ariel looking into boxing pay wither. he only calls out the ufc.

i mean you shouldnt be looking at Ariel as a neutral, unbiased, ethical journalist. HES NOT. He's got an axe to grind with them over the whole 199, Fox, Dana trashing him etc. And I aint even saying he doesnt have a right to be pissed. I'm sure both sides did fucked up things but think biggest thing with Ariel is he'll never take on any blame. He'll act like he's completely unbiased which we all know is bullshit.

Funny thing is you notice used to be from media Ariel's a shill, he's on Danas dick, ufc's payroll etc. Now that he's against them nobody says shit cause it fits rest of media's anti UFC narrative. Now its yay 10-7 Heelwani.

Anyway theres nothing to gain shitting on other orgs for pay cause nobody cares. Ariel said it himself he cant get a Bellator fighter other than Danis on his show that does 100k views.

I saw a fighter in that article who fought for 2k in a loss. People love to hate on the UFC but their shit pay is better than the other orgs shit pay.

The guy who got paid 2k was in his third pro fight. That's not bad money for someone in their third fight.

Bellator money is better for up and coming fighters because of sponsors.

UFC is better for champions and high ranked fighters with names.

One FC is better for the fight fans of all combat sports sans boxing.

Sponsor money would be better for the top of the card fighters. Reebok money is better for prelim fighters than they used to make from small time sponsors that they used to have to go out and get themselves and who quite often didn't pay them.

A lot of fighters on Bellator cards have no sponsors anyway.

You actually have to pay to fight when youre at the lowest level. The overheads of being an MMA fighter is not chump change.

Oh look, a snackgod thread. Let the stupidity ensue.

I saw a fighter in that article who fought for 2k in a loss. People love to hate on the UFC but their shit pay is better than the other orgs shit pay.
Well, Bellator pays close to 40% of their revenue in fighter pay. UFC has reduced fighter pay to 13% of revenue. One of them is paying well above the other, per capita
all i see is ariel and the media talking about the ufc. nfl players work 17 plus weekends a year last i checked no mma fight fights 17 times in a year.
Like I said, let the stupidity ensue

Does bellator actually make anywhere remotely close to what the UFC does? If not, this whole topic is irrelevant.
No they do not, yet they pay out almost 40% of what they take in to the fighters, while UFC pays about 13% of what they take in.

Oh look, a snackgod thread. Let the stupidity ensue.

Well, Bellator pays close to 40% of their revenue in fighter pay. UFC has reduced fighter pay to 13% of revenue. One of them is paying well above the other, per capita

Like I said, let the stupidity ensue

So 40% of their revenue came out to 2k for that fighter? Bellator is going out of business anyway.

So 40% of their revenue came out to 2k for that fighter? Bellator is going out of business anyway.
Math is not your strong suit? maybe it’s critical thinking skills you lack?

Math is not your strong suit? maybe it’s critical thinking skills you lack?
You understood what I said yet you choose to resort to insults because you didn't like it. Carry on sherbro.

It really makes you realize how shitty fighter pay was back in the early days of MMA. Guys half the time wouldn't see a single red cent due to just being fucked over by the promoters and even if they did it'd be something like a hand job from some mullet infested, stone washed jean wearing bridge and tunnel jersey hooker and maybe just MAYBE a gift card for a meal at the sizzler or Denny's

Man this guy really abandoned this thread after he sobered up

Back