Where was BLM when this was going on?

Being poor is certainly awful. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. There is only so much that can be done. Especially when schools there can't function...due to the students.
It's hard to invest in a place that doesn't even care about its self. And that's due to the high single family households.
Also would the police be acting like they have if inner city blacks didn't commit crime at a staggering rate?

There is only so much can be done? But very little has been done though except further neglect. Every imaginable study and case study has revealed that when you put resources into communities like after school programs, smaller class sizes, and education that is directed more towards critical thinking rather than a school to prison pipeline, you get great results. The school to prison pipeline also over-polices inner city schools. I know all this from personal experience, man. I've been an educator for over two decades and I'm from a "hood." I don't think you know much about areas like that other than what you've seen on TV or talk radio, because you woudn't be talking that way about them. Those areas are severely underfunded and over-policed.

Here is the biggest factor imho
African-American_family_structure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afric...rth_Rates_in_the_United_States,_1940-2014.png won't work as a pic

Do you think incarceration has something to do with it? Black men are six times more likely to be incarcerated. More likely to do double the time for the same drug offenses too. Now say you're a young kid who grew up in a dangerous slum. With the city not allocating the same amount of funds to schools in the poor part of town, with less job opportunities, your dad is in prison because somehow a whole bunch of cocaine ended up in black communities and that's the only way he could make money to actually provide. Then they give him double digit time in prison for selling drugs and you saw your friend die when you were a kid and there's no mental health help in the area outside of your church.

Now you can get real racist with your thoughts, or you can accept that poverty as the main contributor but what I think we can all agree on is it's not working. I think we can all agree there is a major problem with policing in the US, and that maybe. Just maybe if we try to build up poor communities instead of treating them like an enemy to oppress, we can work on making our country fucking awesome.

By the way do you know why Black Wall Street failed?
Where was the NRA and GOP when it was going on?
Where the fuck is the NRA right now lol. Not very consistent it seems.

This is a really old and tired argument, but there are countless black grassroots organizations that are addressing gang violence and poverty in black communities by going to the root of the issues, unlike the police who simply shoot at the problem.

These movements are addressing those issues, you just don't know about it because you don't care about poverty or violence enough to know about those movements. You just like making weak points on message boards, apparently.

They are addressing the issues? Then why are we getting all of these record breaking murders?

Go ask a hard working immigrant who comes from another country and succeeds here someday .
Oh I've worked with tons! Mostly illegal immigrants though.

But no I'm super confused. Why can't ex slaves be like the Germans and Japanese?

nyandIrony, post: 160558987, member: 249582"]Do you think incarceration has something to do with it? Black men are six times more likely to be incarcerated. More likely to do double the time for the same drug offenses too. Now say you're a young kid who grew up in a dangerous slum. With the city not allocating the same amount of funds to schools in the poor part of town, with less job opportunities, your dad is in prison because somehow a whole bunch of cocaine ended up in black communities and that's the only way he could make money to actually provide. Then they give him double digit time in prison for selling drugs and you saw your friend die when you were a kid and there's no mental health help in the area outside of your church.

Now you can get real racist with your thoughts, or you can accept that poverty as the main contributor but what I think we can all agree on is it's not working. I think we can all agree there is a major problem with policing in the US, and that maybe. Just maybe if we try to build up poor communities instead of treating them like an enemy to oppress, we can work on making our country fucking awesome.

By the way do you know why Black Wall Street failed?

Where the fuck is the NRA right now lol. Not very consistent it seems.[/QUOTE]
It started to trend before the war on drugs. The war on drugs was just an excuse to bring law and order to areas that were abandoned in the 70s. With the introduction of welfare, blaxks were incentifoze to not have a traditional family. Look at the rate skyrocket starting in the late 60s. The welfare state created the modern failed black family unit.

They are addressing the issues? Then why are we getting all of these record breaking murders?

Because we continue to see areas like that underfunded and overpoliced. The economy is also worsening. There are lots of factors if you are ever interested in studying them. Studying is when you read and research things to find out more information about how they work. Sorry, research is when you look for information beyond right wing talk radio and Fox news.

Because we continue to see areas like that underfunded and overpoliced. The economy is also worsening. There are lots of factors if you are ever interested in studying them. Studying is when you read and research things to find out more information about how they work. Sorry, research is when you look for information beyond right wing talk radio and Fox news.

Overpoliced? Getting rid of the police is going to turn things around?

China is on track to be the world superpower and they will not be forgiving to #BLM rallies

There is only so much can be done? But very little has been done though except further neglect. Every imaginable study and case study has revealed that when you put resources into communities like after school programs, smaller class sizes, and education that is directed more towards critical thinking rather than a school to prison pipeline, you get great results. The school to prison pipeline also over-polices inner city schools. I know all this from personal experience, man. I've been an educator for over two decades and I'm from a "hood." I don't think you know much about areas like that other than what you've seen on TV or talk radio, because you woudn't be talking that way about them. Those areas are severely underfunded and over-policed.
They are underfunded. But they're still funded higher than other areas. "On average, poor nonwhite school districts receive 19 percent, or about $2,600, less per student than affluent white school districts. " 21% and thays using rich white areas as a comparison. That's not indefensible. And shows that the money isn't being used well and that the people receiving the education don't value it.

Overpoliced? Getting rid of the police is going to turn things around?

Absolutely, if those resources are put into programs to address the real issues in those communities. And this is something grassroots groups have been calling for for decades. The call isn't just for all police to be eradicated. It's for their eradication and replacement with resources that get to the issues.

They are underfunded. But they're still funded higher than other areas. "On average, poor nonwhite school districts receive 19 percent, or about $2,600, less per student than affluent white school districts. " 21% and thays using rich white areas as a comparison. That's not indefensible. And shows that the money isn't being used well and that the people receiving the education don't value it.

That doesn't show that at all. Now, can the money be used better? Probably. But the answer to that isn't less funding. I also completely disagree with the idea that people in poor communities don't value education. If given the right education and resources, they thrive, and I know this from personal experience and over 20 years as an educator and researcher. Trust me, you are off on this one, and parroting some of the worst and most racist myths about schooling. And you are trying this on someone (me) who is an actual educator with experience on multiple levels.

Absolutely, if those resources are put into programs to address the real issues in those communities. And this is something grassroots groups have been calling for for decades. The call isn't just for all police to be eradicated. It's for their eradication and replacement with resources that get to the issues.

You are going to need a lot more than trained therapists to deal with violence, gangs, pimps, shootings and drugs.

You are going to need a lot more than trained therapists to deal with violence, gangs, pimps, shootings and drugs.

Who said it was just trained therapists? Now you are strawmanning. What kinds of research have you done on this topic? I'm curious because you are exhibiting a mix of over-confidence with complete lack of knowledge on the topic.

That doesn't show that at all. Now, can the money be used better? Probably. But the answer to that isn't less funding. I also completely disagree with the idea that people in poor communities don't value education. If given the right education and resources, they thrive, and I know this from personal experience and over 20 years as an educator and researcher. Trust me, you are off on this one, and parroting some of the worst and most racist myths about schooling. And you are trying this on someone (me) who is an actual educator with experience on multiple levels.
There are good examples. I'm not saying all blacks are dumb or incapable. I'm saying they are being brought up the wrong way and that until the family u it is fixed, no amount of resources will fix the problem as a whole.
If there were really sustainable solutions, why can't they get funding from somewhere and set an example? I don't trust these mini examples as stable nor being sustainable. As the smaller good surrender to the larger evil and nothing ends up changed.

I have a black family member.she took her son out of a black area and moved to where there were basically no blacks at the time. They were able to raise their son and he's an awesome person. They kept him from being infected by a culture that wants to hold you back. Change that and blacks have all the resources there already are to achieve

There are good examples. I'm not saying all blacks are dumb or incapable. I'm saying they are being brought up the wrong way and that until the family u it is fixed, no amount of resources will fix the problem as a whole.
If there were really sustainable solutions, why can't they get funding from somewhere and set an example? I don't trust these mini examples as stable nor being sustainable. As the smaller good surrender to the larger evil and nothing ends up changed.

I have a black family member.she took her son out of a black area and moved to where there were basically no blacks at the time. They were able to raise their son and he's an awesome person. They kept him from being infected by a culture that wants to hold you back. Change that and blacks have all the resources there already are to achieve

There's been tons of great examples. I mean countless examples of Black schools with good funding and pedagogical practices being huge, huge successes. The cultural argument has never held up because it discounts anti-black racism and other associated factors. The cultural argument, much like the "scientific" one, is racist.

Back