International Where was you / what was you doing when 9/11 happened?

I was at a campground in Spain.
Someone staying at another campsite asked me if I had heard the news.

I went to the campground office and saw it on the TV.
At first I thought that it must have been a movie playing.

i was fresh out of highschool going to my first year at a local junior college. I was completely oblivious to what was going on that morning. In hindsight, I really cant see how I went the whole morning without knowing about it while I went on about my day. I drove to school and was late to my first class so I walked around campus and it was dead. Went to second class and it was canceled so I went home not having any idea what was going on, didnt listen to the radio or anything. Walked in my house and my mom said "did they close school down" and I was confused at how she would guess my classes were closed. Then I saw the news that she was watching and at that point all 4 planes had already gone down. I really wasnt into politics or news at all and while I knew it was some crazy stuff, it didnt have a huge emotional impact on me at that time.

I was a senior in high school. I saw the second plane hit while watching the news before school. At school, I went into class and told the teacher we need to be watching this, as it was more important in the history of the world, than whatever else she planned. She agreed and had me go find a TV for the classroom. All my friends and expected draft notices to be sent out soon after.

I wouldve been a little kid, outside some bakery at 6 o'clock or so at night in Islamabad and i heard the news as everyone in the street was talking about it.

When me and my brother (possibly with our dad) went back to our apartment our mum was having a full blown panic attack because she thought we would never make it out of Pakistan as the west will never accept middle eastern refugees ever again.

At first i thought she was worried about dead people, but being from the middle east, thousands of people dying as a result of politics was just another day.

Why don't you actually mention that somewhere?

Why would I? There was absolutely no reason to assume we lived in the USA. Mentioning his happiness over the whole affair should have been enough to conclude we are not Americans, because when does anyone living in the USA actually cheer for terrorist attacks on its soil? Even the most "unpatriotic" people show solidarity in moments such as those.

I was at work and a colleague came into the office saying we should watch TV in the conference room because a plane had crashed into the World Trade Centre. I immediately assumed it was a small passenger plane and due to pilot error. Then as we were watching live the second jet went into the second building and my heart sank as I realised that it was intentional. Little did I realise but I would be at War because of this event in just over a years time.

Why would I? There was absolutely no reason to assume we lived in the USA. Mentioning his happiness over the whole affair should have been enough to conclude we are not Americans, because when does anyone living in the USA actually cheer for terrorist attacks on its soil? Even the most "unpatriotic" people show solidarity in moments such as those.
Maybe in a thread that centers around an event in the USA, where people outside the USA said where they were, you should have stated your location?

Or again maybe it would have made sense. Again everyone who wasn’t in America mentioned so, except for you

Yes not a lot of me though. I had no idea our documentary had people that still remember it.
I saw it a long time ago but remember them getting pulled off the gun range on the morning of 9/11. It's at 37:00.

Waking up at a Super 8 Motel in Phoenix where I'd flown out to on 9/10.

Jesus I was a menace when I was 17...

I was in college learning about present and past tense words like were and was.

I saw it a long time ago but remember them getting pulled off the gun range on the morning of 9/11. It's at 37:00.

God that was so long ago. We all all look like little kids in that video. I just went to the retirement ceremony for my Marine unit because Tanks have been retired. Its been 20 years.

Yeah we all thought there was going to be a war and we were going to get drafted.

There were American flags EVERYWHERE after 9/11. Like holy moly somebody must have become a billionaire off that. The 7/11s and Dunkin Doughnuts, which for some reason around me always had owners/workers from Pakistan and India, really went wild with them.

business owners didn’t want to be boycotted for being in patriotic, especially businesses owned by other ethnicities.

Back