Who is higher on the GOAT list? Izzy or Pereira?

Izzy or Alex? Who is higher on GOAT list?

• Izzy

• Alex

Results are only viewable after voting.
Recency vias here. Pereira is on Conor's level right now. He hasn't defended a belt yet. That said he wasn't going to be at MW long enough where he could much longer and now we get to see what he's made of. He'll never top Izzy's streak of defenses, but 2 belts and a couple of defenses he"ll be in an interesting spot. It's too early, but he's also at an older age.

Izzy has more title fight wins than Alex has UFC fights. Come on now.
I get you're trying to compliment Izzy, but what you're basically saying is that Alex managed to conquer 2 weight divisions in less than half the fights. Lol. That just makes Izzy look worse.

I get you're trying to compliment Izzy, but what you're basically saying is that Alex managed to conquer 2 weight divisions in less than half the fights. Lol. That just makes Izzy look worse.

It doesn't because Alex hasn't conquered shit. He's won two belts while being fast tracked. He hasn't cleared out either weight class. Izzy cleared out MW almost twice.

Hard to answer, Izzy had more fights and defenses, but freaking Poatan seems to be methodically going after objectives and milestones Izzy couldnt achieve. It's almost bullying at this point.
You can only accomplish these milestones with the ufc fast tracking your progress.

I'd say Izzy right now but if Alex can clean out 205 (Hill, Anaklev, Rakic) then the nod goes to Alex.

Izzy was a better champion and Alex has more potential. I guess it depends if you value defenses at face value versus belt potential. Imo neither really matter as much as the competition you face. I'd give Izzy the slight edge

Too bad Alex left MW after losing. Had he defended a couple of times and then moved up there would be no question in my mind

Alex and Izzy are 1 and 1 vs each other but Alex beat 2 opponents who beat Izzy, Jan & Strickland. Izzy has beaten more opponents but not necessarily better opponents. In MMA they are close. Whitaker is a great win but so is Jiri. I think the edge goes to Poatan because by beating 2 opponents that beat Izzy in the same time frame of their prime, and winning the lhw title puts him as more accomplished even with a lot less fights.

Prob a coin flip, Izzy has the title defences where as Pereira accomplished something Izzy couldn’t.

Look at Pereira’s last 5 fights, if someone predicted he would come out of that with a 4-1 record and double champ status they would have been laughed off the forum.

Who is currently higher on the GOAT list? Izzy or Alex?

Izzy 2x middle weight champion.
Lost to Pereia but avenged loss. Lost to Ian in LWH title match. Lost to Sean Strickland.

5 title defenses at MW.

Alex Pereira; 0 title defenses but double champ at 205 and 185. Also beat Sean Strickland and Ian who both beat Izzy.

Who is higher on the GOAT list as it stands after UFC 295?
Pereira was champion in 2 weight classes, he is not double champ, because that means holding two belts at the same time. Izzy has had more success. I vote Izzy

Splitting hairs really. They both have enormous greatness for their own reasons and merits. That and goat is mostly meaningless.

I really like alex and if he can defend it a few times we"ll talk. But Izzy has like 6 title defenses? Ktfoed Alex in their MMA FIGHT. In MMA they are 1-1. Izzy is fairly ahead right now imo. His resume also includes Whittaker, Silva, Alex, Marvin vettori, costa.

The result of this poll is a testament to sherdogger's lack of knowledge.

I would also like to remind everyone that Alex is bigger than Izzy. Adesanya was clearly undersized in his one LHW outing, Pereira... not so much.

2 championships vs 7 championships... it's easy math.

Who is currently higher on the GOAT list? Izzy or Alex?

Izzy 2x middle weight champion.
Lost to Pereia but avenged loss. Lost to Ian in LWH title match. Lost to Sean Strickland.

5 title defenses at MW.

Alex Pereira; 0 title defenses but double champ at 205 and 185. Also beat Sean Strickland and Ian who both beat Izzy.

Who is higher on the GOAT list as it stands after UFC 295?
I started voting for Pereira...
he beat Israel and got a second belt to boot.
And I kind of disagree with the notion that Israel somehow asserted himself with his win over Alex.
Because he is 1-3 against him.... that's not even close to being equal.

But in fairness, Israel defended his belt for far longer , so I have to put him ahead of Alex. If Alex wins more fight defending his new belt, then for sure he can surpass Israel (especially if Israel is taking a break).

Back