Who should Bo Nickal fight next?

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Nickal called out Anthony Hernandez after UFC 300. Should the UFC make this fight? I think Hernandez should be fighting up not down but I also think it's too soon for Nickal to fight a guy of that caliber. I'd like to see him against one more fighter outside the top 15, a significant step up from Brundage. Maybe Rodolfo Vieira?

anthony hernandez is way to game for nickal at this point. he would be much too risky .

im thinking that mezhercnhimtmt guy or whatever that chimaev koed in 3 seconds.

GM3.

He's the ultimate gatekeeper at 185.

If you get past him then you have a promising future in the sport, but he generally turns back the pretenders. Perfect step up for Bo at this point of his career.

Vieira or Weidman are a good next step up. Or GM3 but he might be too dangerous for Bo at this point.

People calling for ranked opposition for him yet are either out of their minds or just looking to get him beat. Would be very foolish for his management or UFC to line that up.

If there was one thing to learn from the Brundage fight it was that it's time to pump the breaks & slowly escalate the competition going forward, not try to launch him in there with the higher tier guys any time soon.

GM3.

If you get past him then you have a promising future in the sport, but he generally turns back the pretenders. Perfect step up for Bo at this point of his career.
Great choice.

Bo needs to get beat up -- even in victory.

Top 10 -- let Bo or his more worthy opponent take a scalp, very violently and with damage. I want to see Bo have to dig deep instead of some college jock Bro-down.

Vieira or Weidman are a good next step up. Or GM3 but he might be too dangerous for Bo at this point.

People calling for ranked opposition for him yet are either out of their minds or just looking to get him beat. Would be very foolish for his management or UFC to line that up.

If there was one thing to learn from the Brundage fight it was that it's time to pump the breaks & slowly escalate the competition going forward, not try to launch him in there with the higher tier guys any time soon.

pump the breaks? he's the one who came in saying he'd beat the champions of his division. he's not going to get any better fighting soft targets anyway. iron sharpens iron. if he has anything to offer we will only see that through trial by fire. if he wants to keep building up some insane undefeated record he should learn from the Russians, you need to do that on the regionals. this is the UFC, there ain't no time to build up a guy over 5 yrs.

GM3.

i think GM3 might be too much for him. just he has no chin so Bo could land a good one and win.

i think GM3 might be too much for him. just he has no chin so Bo could land a good one and win.
He might be, but the fun comes in finding out no?

Bo is 3-0 in the UFC now, he can't keep fighting lambs to the slaughter for his entire run. Time to fight somebody with a pulse and see how he holds up.

He might be, but the fun comes in finding out no?

Bo is 3-0 in the UFC now, he can't keep fighting lambs to the slaughter for his entire run. Time to fight somebody with a pulse and see how he holds up.

oh yeah i definitely share your sentiments on him. i'm just saying i think GM3 might beat him lmao

I don't know why anyone is biting on the hook that Bo Nickal has star potential. He has good fighter potential, I suppose if things go right he can be in the title picture or even champ someday (although I see that a longshot). But superstar? PPV draw? Not in a million years. He doesn't have it. And therefore, he doesn't need to be protected, coddled or babied. Bring him up the ranks and let him make his bones.

Back