Who should Bo Nickal fight next?

pump the breaks? he's the one who came in saying he'd beat the champions of his division. he's not going to get any better fighting soft targets anyway. iron sharpens iron. if he has anything to offer we will only see that through trial by fire. if he wants to keep building up some insane undefeated record he should learn from the Russians, you need to do that on the regionals. this is the UFC, there ain't no time to build up a guy over 5 yrs.

How long was it before they put O'Malley in more dangerous fights? How long do you think it will be before Raul Rosas Jr. gets put in there with someone more dangerous?

There's no harm at all to give Bo 2-3 more fights outside the rankings before he proves he's ready to climb the top 15.

Brad Tavares as the official MW gatekeeper
Or Weidman if they want to build his resume

How long was it before they put O'Malley in more dangerous fights? How long do you think it will be before Raul Rosas Jr. gets put in there with someone more dangerous?

There's no harm at all to give Bo 2-3 more fights outside the rankings before he proves he's ready to climb the top 15.
those two are very different cases, neither of them were spoon fed a main card slot on the greatest event in mixed martial arts history.

with how much the ufc has been shoving this guy in our faces, they should ramp up the competetiton ability for him instead of stat padding him.

Marvin Vettori is freed up atm for the guy who'd "dominate every top 10"

But realistically the winner of Caio Borralho/Paul Craig, or Robocop

Nickal called out Hernandez but Hernandez is already booked for a fight in June.

Last edited:

O'Malley fought a former world champion in his 3rd UFC fight. Rosas Jr. fought a guy who was 11-1 in his 2nd UFC fight. Bo Nickal is fighting 13-11 Jamie Pickett, a guy they brought in specifically to lose to Nickal in Woodburn, and was having difficulties vs a guy who is 10-6 probably the best guy he's fought so far and didn't look great.

sure, give him more soft fights but nobody is going to give a shit and soon he'll be the piss break match because there's nothing interesting watching a guy crush cans or struggle with mediocre fighters.

Bo needs to get beat up -- even in victory.

Top 10 -- let Bo or his more worthy opponent take a scalp, very violently and with damage. I want to see Bo have to dig deep instead of some college jock Bro-down.
Lol from Brundage to a top 10 fighter? You just want to see him lose.

I don't know why anyone is biting on the hook that Bo Nickal has star potential. He has good fighter potential, I suppose if things go right he can be in the title picture or even champ someday (although I see that a longshot). But superstar? PPV draw? Not in a million years. He doesn't have it. And therefore, he doesn't need to be protected, coddled or babied. Bring him up the ranks and let him make his bones.

He's got everyone on this forum talking about him, positive or negative. That's a pretty clear indication he has star potential if he keeps winning.

He's got everyone on this forum talking about him, positive or negative. That's a pretty clear indication he has star potential if he keeps winning.
I think we're talking about him because he's been hyped up for a couple years, and he's basically delivered as advertised as far as inside the octagon goes. But the other side of being a star is personality, charisma, likability, je ne seis quoi and what have you. In that department I don't see much there. I think the main reason Dana is holding back on guys like Nickal, Rosas and whoever young crop is because many of the roster's biggest stars are going to be aging out of the sport in the next 3-5 years and the UFC doesn't want to risk killing any young fighters hype and profile when they're going to need these new guys to take that mantle as the next generation. I don't think it's so much that they're "not ready" for the step up, I think it's more risk management from the company.

In any event, this kid's going to be around and be a player but as far as star potential I just see him as more of a Cory Sandhagen than OMalley. The antidote to that is exciting fights and finishes and he's definitely promising there.

anthony hernandez is way to game for nickal at this point. he would be much too risky .

im thinking that mezhercnhimtmt guy or whatever that chimaev koed in 3 seconds.
I call that guy Meerkat, everyone seems to get it sir lol.

Chris Curtis or Pfyer vs Marc-Andre Power Bar winner imo

But you gotta consult the sages
@Siver! @GibsterMMA

My pick was Jacob Malkoun (https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fights-to-make-after-ufc-300.4327723/) and the UFC elected... Jacob Malkoun!

<RomeroSalute>

Back