Opinion Why are college educated people more liberal?

Because they got bills to pay and they want someone else to pay them.
Thread should have stopped after this post.

Higher education has devolved into pay for play indoctrination centers where the kids come out less armed and equipped for the real world. Thus, they come out with fingers pointed outward looking for answers, help and anything else other than looking inward and taking accountability...

Because education usually leads to a more curious and open mind, which is antithetical to conservative thought.

The founding fathers were all liberals, so I'm not sure why so many people who revere them hate liberals.

That's been debunked. Studies show millennials aren't changing as once thought. They are 40 now and been working for two decades. Conservatism is dying.

Show me the studies, the ones I have seen have shown they do change. Also middle class income is diminishing, people can´t afford homes or good jobs like before.

This guy has to be a gimmick, right?

Just as much as you Jack

Conservatives are dumb fucks, all there's too it.

School was too hard and they couldn't get into college so they invented a marxist conspiracy to excuse their own failure
This. It’s the same reason they make up all conspiracy theories. Reality is too difficult for them to grasp so they make up their own realities and pretend they’re the enlightened ones.

Last edited:
Show me the studies, the ones I have seen have shown they do change. Also middle class income is diminishing, people can´t afford homes or good jobs like before.
030118_O_5.png

I was reading about this elsewhere and it appears that Millennials aren't turning conservative at the rate of previous generations. But some people are saying that Gen Z is more conservative even in the younger cohorts. My impression is that the nation as a whole is more liberal and will continue trending that way.

030118_O_5.png

I was reading about this elsewhere and it appears that Millennials aren't turning conservative at the rate of previous generations. But some people are saying that Gen Z is more conservative even in the younger cohorts. My impression is that the nation as a whole is more liberal and will continue trending that way.

Two many variables to interpret based in a graphic, how is mixed evaluated and what were the questions. Most of the studies done show that a person tends to be conservative for most of their lives, hilw liberal may become conservative.

Because education usually leads to a more curious and open mind, which is antithetical to conservative thought.

The founding fathers were all liberals, so I'm not sure why so many people who revere them hate liberals.
Are they really though? on twitter i am losing my IQ every time i see some far liberals posting tweets. Unless those liberals are far far leftists.

Trying to have a logical conversation and a rational on twitter with some of them is really difficult.

Two many variables to interpret based in a graphic, how is mixed evaluated and what were the questions. Most of the studies done show that a person tends to be conservative for most of their lives, hilw liberal may become conservative.
It's not that many variables to interpret. You have a roughly 20 year window and an opportunity to see if there's a noticeable increase or decrease in ideology divided by generations.

What's interesting is that in all of the groups, they became more liberal over time with the mixed category shrinking.

But if you have something that shows otherwise, attach the link.

Are they really though? on twitter i am losing my IQ every time i see some far liberals posting tweets. Unless those liberals are far far leftists.

Trying to have a logical conversation and a rational on twitter with some of them is really difficult.

Do you think your assessment could be influenced by your own views?

I think it's funny because not only is it false (and comically implausible), but it's only propaganda campaigns that have ignorant people believing that, and anyone thinking critically would immediately see through it.

I like how Fitzgerald took a shot at Stoddard in TGG.
You guys just recently elected a morally corrupt businessman and career fraudster as your president, leader of the free world. Imagine talking so assuredly about the critical thinking skills of your nation and the implausibility of things.

Do you think your assessment could be influenced by your own views?
I am usual anti war and liberal on some social issues. I am surprised to see some liberals actually being more pro war then anti war these days. I guess they are mostly anti war when its not a democrat in charge at the White House.

I try to be rational but sometimes some of their replies are filed with anger. Oh and some of them have the "Cops are that very bad hashtag"

You guys just recently elected a morally corrupt businessman and career fraudster as your president, leader of the free world. Imagine talking so assuredly about the critical thinking skills of your nation and the implausibility of things.
fyi-many Americans DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP, think its beyond absurd that he was ever elected & that he along with his terrorist supporters that stormed the US capital on Jan 6 belong in jail. Im willing to bet jvs is one of them

fyi-many Americans DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP, think its beyond absurd that he was ever elected & that he along with his terrorist supporters that stormed the US capital on Jan 6 belong in jail. Im willing to bet jvs is one of them
The point has nothing to do with what side you claim allegiance to.

To be fair, the people who most strongly supported Trump are also the same people who most strongly think college is an evil indoctrination mill. But that's not most people, thankfully.

Education =! Intelligence, especially those pursuing non-stem degrees

I realized that when an old friend graduated college. Took him 7 seven years with a 2.006 gpa...

I'm sure there's a good mix of all belief systems, but liberal beliefs often aren't practical in real life and some tend to learn this once they reach adulthood and have to work to live. Liberals may just be the most vocal, giving the false impression that the majority of college kids are liberal.

Not if you grew up in a conservative neighborhood.

And when we say new ideas and new people, it's not about politics. Someone might never have met someone from the Midwest before college. Someone might never have met someone from the Middle East. Direct exposure to new people means reconciling expectations with reality and that can lead to new impressions of the world.

Similarly, prior to college, someone might never have been exposed to high end financial classes, economics classes, liberal arts classes, someone might not have taken advanced statistics classes. Those new ideas change how they interpret the world.
But you’re talking about schools in the USA. Most schools are liberal even in conservative areas due to teachers being very liberal. Why is it that it only works one way and not the other?
Diversity for thee and not me

I am usual anti war and liberal on some social issues. I am surprised to see some liberals actually being more pro war then anti war these days. I guess they are mostly anti war when its not a democrat in charge at the White House.

I try to be rational but sometimes some of their replies are filed with anger. Oh and some of them have the "Cops are that very bad hashtag"

What's an example of a "pro-war" position you've seen from a liberal?

And, my point was that you might be more inclined to think that people who are disagreeing with you are not rational. In general, most people--right, left, center, and other--are not really good at expressing disagreement reasonably, and most people only notice that about people who are fighting with them.

What's an example of a "pro-war" position you've seen from a liberal?

And, my point was that you might be more inclined to think that people who are disagreeing with you are not rational. In general, most people--right, left, center, and other--are not really good at expressing disagreement reasonably, and most people only notice that about people who are fighting with them.
dont waste your time .. he is a terrible troll

Well... conservative people who graduate college aren't sitting around being loud about it. They're working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back