Why does Conor not engage in grappling

Lol, this.

In reply to TS, Conor is not a good UFC level grappler. He has really good takedown defense, and he's good at getting back to his feet, but if he's ever forced into prolonged grappling exchanges or scrambles, then he's average at best.
I agree.

He's a sprint fighter. Burning out his gas tank grappling doesn't play to his strengths

Big ass excuse. Just admit he outwrestled Max. Even prior the the ufc he outwrestled guys
Nah dude. Unlike you, I knew who Conor was prior to him in the UFC. Unlike you, I watched the Conor/Max fight when it happened.

Unlike you, I'm not brand fucking new. Go slobber Conor's pinnerdick on his insta feed.

Actually I have wrestled in hs and a little in College D2 and yes I do train bjj still even though I did stop for years. My point was as you mentioned being a "smart grappler" takes a long time to develop and it's simply not where Conor is comfortable. It's not his specialty. Also training grappling is much different then being in a real fight against another top fighter that's trying to take you head off.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply but I'd say it's not only a fact but common sense that if Conor had a grappling heavy gameplan he would gas out even faster because it's simply not where he is comfortable. He is much more comfortable on his feet trying to set up shots and angles while striking.
Thank you

He thought he could change the tide on his feet with a couple well placed punches. He made a split second decision to conserve energy (as stated by others, grappling can drain resources), and gambled on strikes.

We all know how that ended. Looking back I am sure he would have like to see what would have happened if he dumped Poirier to the mat and attempted some punches and elbows. If nothing else, a couple takedowns might make Poirier reluctant to kick to the calf as there could be repercussions.

20/20 hindsight though. This was a first for Conor, and us watching.

Khabib explained him a thing or two.

Every round starts standing, so he thought he will KO anyone just like he did Aldo.

Generally sweeping the leg is considered illegal and it takes a real bully piece of shit to do that.

There are SBG member who have called him out on his training.

He caught Dustins single leg on a number of occasions and could've easily gone for the foot sweep finish.

Why is he scared to engage in any grappling or clinch work?
PTSD from Nate

"Foot sweep finish"

Holy fuck do you really believe that? Lmao Conortards.
You are aware when you have the opportunity to take someone down, for example having the single leg. If you were to proceed and take your opponent down, that would class as "finishing" the take down

Maybe if you tried some martial arts, primarily grappling such as Wrestling or BJJ, you would be aware when Conor caught the leg on a number of occasions, he clearly had a single leg take down opportunity.

From this position, you have a number of "finishes", such as turning the corner or sweeping the foot.

Maybe you should try grappling some time, and learn about finishes

Generally sweeping the leg is considered illegal and it takes a real bully piece of shit to do that.
Really?

Where did you learn that? Karate Kid?

Sweeping the leg is not illegal, we have seen it hundreds of times from wrestlers and BJJ guys. I have seen DC have the single leg in this position many times before and lift the opponents leg high and go for the sweep finish, I have also seen DC run away from Jones and him kicking his leg to sweep him.

We also saw Nate sweep connor in the second fight for Nate to score the take down and what should've won him the fight.

Clearly far to many people on this board have zero clue on martial arts

He out grappled a striped white belt in Max Holloway, who was a late replacement on two weeks notice. While Conor had training camp and was already a purple belt.
Wow, a purple smashing a white belt. To be expected really, would really call that and achievement. Its a bully, and suits Conor and style. Look at his recent photos on social media, he is always posing with human punch bags bloodied up.

He doesnt spar, he just finds yes men human punch bags to beat up on.

He is a typical bully, a coward who runs when the bigger boys beat him

He deserves his licks

Big ass excuse. Just admit he outwrestled Max. Even prior the the ufc he outwrestled guys
Wow a purple belt out grappled a white, I would feel great bullying a striped white belt. Big achievement that

He keeps it where he feels the safest - in the standup - but now everyone is becoming aware that his left hand is not all that and that unless you're running in chin first (Aldo) or moving to his power hand, over extending and getting in to exchanges (Alverez) that he really has no other options.

Wow, a purple smashing a white belt. To be expected really, would really call that and achievement. Its a bully, and suits Conor and style. Look at his recent photos on social media, he is always posing with human punch bags bloodied up.

He doesnt spar, he just finds yes men human punch bags to beat up on.

He is a typical bully, a coward who runs when the bigger boys beat him

He deserves his licks

I've also read that he 'spars" with guys way younger than than him (amateurs) who maybe have better boxing skills but aren't able to deal with his "man" power. Have read that he was beating younger men (boys) in sparring during the camp for Floyd.

Back