Why is Mousasi never brought up in GOAT discussions?

Well, he is only 34 and has a great record of 45-7-2. More wins than Fedor or Silva.
Good competition in 3 different weight classes: Hunt, Gono, Sobral, Manhoef, Jacare, Goodridge, lawal, Latifi, OSP, Machida, Hendo, Rory, Weidman, Santos, Shlemenko, Carvalho, Vitor
He fought bigger guys many times. He fought in Pride, UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce, Dream, K1
Most of his wins are by finishing the opponent
Well rounded fighter
Also, he is one of the few fighters who never looked like he was on dick pills (I have a feeling that some guy will insert a Josh Barnett pic). Just a muscular fighter, but not 'too' muscular
He was finished only 4 times on his career (only one TKO, which he avenged)

Now, cons:
He only has Bellator gold. Yeah, he should have gotten a UFC TS but politics...
Some people don't appreciate his 3 UFC losses (sure, one was a fluke, but still)

Also, he had one of the best lines

“But you did get knocked out by Uriah Hall,” Bisping quickly interjected.

“Well that was fluke, you said it yourself” Mousasi said. “It happened, every time the best fighter doesn’t [always] win. It happened with you and Luke Rockhold.”

Sure, and a whole bunch of other guys too. Like Machida, for instance. Or Jacare. Or Romero. Or Bobby Knuckles. He's fringe top 5 at best, mate.

And lol @ Anderson being the GOAT.

Machida doesn't have nearly the resume as Mousasi at MW. Neither does Whittaker, though Romero is probably the best win either of them have. A lot of people thought Whittaker lost the second fight though.

Lol- you dont even know how to read fight stats. Mousasi outsruck the backpedaling machida 66-35.
...and thst was then and this is now.
You wanna be mma fans never learn between referencing fights and when they happened and under certain circumstances.
I love punchlines like u.
Even mousasi thinks he lost that one
He's said it several times

Even mousasi thinks he lost that one
He's said it several times

Don't even bother. Mousasi has now lost to

Hall
Jacare
Machida
Lovato

And his best win at mw or lhw is Chris Weidman. Hes not in the goat discussions because he's not even close to being a goat.

“But you did get knocked out by Uriah Hall,” Bisping quickly interjected.

“Well that was fluke, you said it yourself” Mousasi said. “It happened, every time the best fighter doesn’t [always] win. It happened with you and Luke Rockhold.”

I didn't see that - absolutely cuckening. No coming back from that destruction.

My top 3 mw:
- Anderson
- romero
- Henderson

Edit: I know romero never held a belt so maybe put Franklin/Whitaker instead

Top 20 goat: maybe
Top 10 goat: no

How can you put Romero but not Whittaker?

I love mouse but he lost important fights

He has longevity and alot of really nice wins that aged well. He never had UFC gold but he had the bellator belt for a good while, he also beat rory who I had really high on the WW all time list. The only blemish that looks bad is his loss to Hall which he avenged.

Is he universally considered a top 3 MW and a Top 10 fighter P4P?
Moose fans assemble
source.gif

Machida doesn't have nearly the resume as Mousasi at MW. Neither does Whittaker, though Romero is probably the best win either of them have. A lot of people thought Whittaker lost the second fight though.
A lot of people thought Moose lost to Shlemenko, not to mention the fact he actually lost to Lovato Jr.

King mos of the world will lay and pray him and he can’t do shit to stop it. He was getting plooked by Jac in the first fight till the fluke upkick and we saw how that fight goes 19 out of 20 times in the rematch. He just lost to a “who the fuck is that guy” fighter

Last edited:
Vitor was top ten
Victor was past his prime.
Gegard. got his ass beat by jacaere. He got murked by machida, made excuses, buried by hall. Never took initiative to fight the romeros, rockholds of the time. Like I said, weidman was his only elite win everyone else was lowly ranked or past their prime. He's a disappointment and won't stop making excuses when he loses. Machida steroids, greasing, lovato steroids. You'll never hear him talk about steroids when he wins.

LOL dudes longest winning streak was for 3 years. The other Goats:

Fedor- 10 years
Gsp- 10 years
Jones- 7 years
Silva- 7 years
DJ- 5 years
Aldo- 9 years
DC- 6 years
Khabib- 10 years

Not to mention he has never beaten the best fighters at MW or held UFC gold but he has a very impressive resume. He has many wins over many good fighters but has lost to great ones when it mattered the most. Frustrating but doesn't change the fact. Someone like Whittaker has risen to the occasion and while he doesn't have the amount of wins, he won the fights that mattered the most. You can't go past Anderson Silva as clear MW Goat if we take juicing out of the equation. Bobby's best wins trump Anderson's and Gegard's.

Yeah maybe when Moose is at his best he "could" beat anyone but thats the difference between him and the others, they always show up a their best so it's never up for discussion. They are Goats.

I feel sorry for those people

To be fair .. pre USADA Weidman was undefeated.
He was like a more technical Dan Henderson with close enough KO power.

Post USADA Weidman magically losses over and over and over again. No longer had KO power. No longer as big or strong even though he can't make 185lbs anymore.

Im sure its just coincidence .... im sure .....

/end sarcasm

I love the Moose but he just drops the ball too often when it matters to be in the GOAT candidate discussion.

Back