Why the hell is Tulsi still in the race?

Tusli will be picked as a Vice President nominee by whomever the DNC decides to be their candidate. If somehow they do pick Bernie Sanders she would be a very strong Vice President candidate for his campaign and pull in more votes from moderates and or libertarians.

Not that any DNC candidates have a chance in hell at defeating Trump in 2020. Too much corruption and disorder within the party.

She'd probably be a better bet for anyone but Bernie. The smear on Bernie is that he loves dictators because he said a literacy program was good once. Right now no one gives that smear any creedance.

But, Tulsi gets the same smear, and in her case it's because she'll talk to unpleasant people. So if Bernie picked her the like of bullshit would be "look, he loves dictators so much he picked Tulsi". I'm not sure the public would see throught it at that point.

That I'm a right winger pushing a Tulsi third party run because it would help Trump get reelected. Never said that. Exhibit A, remember? How is that the opposite of a conspiracy? Your deflection skills need work.
How is that a conspiracy? I'm not alleging that you're materially helping her or anything like that, just that like other right wingers you'd probably like to see that happen.

How is that a conspiracy? I'm not alleging that you're materially helping her or anything like that, just that like other right wingers you'd probably like to see that happen.

I think a lot of dolts see the response to their CTs and think, "man, that's some bullshit that people just call my deeply thought-through case for elites running a child-sex-trafficking ring by calling it a 'conspiracy theory.' And it works! Everyone just laughs at me. Maybe if I call everything I don't like a conspiracy theory, that will make people laugh at it?" There's not much thought that goes into *why* people dismiss crackpot CTs.

I think a good starting point is clutch hitting in baseball. For over a hundred years after it became a pro sport, people thought of the game as a drama where sometimes, at key moments, some players "step up" and through their great striving and willpower, perform great athletic feats to win the game. Then people started to think about it. If someone hits .333, does that mean that he gets exactly 1/3rd of a hit every time up? No. Sometimes, he'll get four straight, and sometimes, he'll get out 10 times in a row, etc. Is there any sign at all that the actual observed situational stats differ from what we'd expect if clutch-hitting didn't exist? No. There's no evidence that certain players have the ability to just better when the situation is more important. But a lot of people have a hard time getting their minds around that. Our brains aren't designed to get to the truth. It takes discipline, learning, and commitment to get past our natural flaws and try to align with reality.

In world events, variation isn't random in the same way, but it is kind of random in another way. A random dipshit loser in Dallas can kill the president, a bunch of bumbling terrorists can take down the WTC, etc. Or on another level, media coverage might not line up with your preferences for reasons that are unrelated to an effort to fool everyone into disagreeing with you, policy might be bad even though policymakers are trying their best, etc.

Thank you for further illustrating that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Thank you for further illustrating that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Well, to use your own words against you...
For the record, I couldn’t care less what political box you put yourself in and what you label yourself. I judge people on their ideas and actions.

Tulsi seems to trigger leftists more than Trump for some reason.

I guess it’s because she’s the left’s anti-Hilary.

Who cares really? Shes not siphoning off any meaningful donations or votes -- other than whatever cost it is ink to print her name on a ballot, she harmless.

Tulsi seems to trigger leftists more than Trump for some reason.

I guess it’s because she’s the left’s anti-Hilary.

The better comparison is to Palin. When they try to market Gabbard to liberals, a lot of people are like, "come on, how dumb do you think we are?" A lot of smarter conservatives felt the same about Palin.

tenor.gif

This is coming from someone who generally likes Tulsi, and considers her my second choice just behind Bernie. But for the love of God Tulsi, drop out already. You have no chance at this point.
Seriously, does Tulsi really want to be known as the woman who got crushed in all 50 states for the rest of her political career? Tulsi needs to drop out and endorse Bernie already.
What do you think Sherdog?
I think she should stick in there until the bitter end and force the Democrats to run for every state in the union.

Who knows? Maybe she's just in this to expose how pro--War the establishment is. And she isn't harming Bernie in any way with her low numbers and Bernie being the frontrunner by such a large percentage. Plus her endorsing Bernie is meaningless. For all we know Bernie and her maybe had a falling out. The AOC/Justice Democrat branch of Bernie's support hate Tulsi and Yang. She was never in it to win. She committed political suicide in 2016 already. Anyone who thinks she really wanted to win the whole thing isn't putting their mind through her point of view.

Her new podcast is great....and it alone makes it worth her staying in the race. Also she is polling 6% in South Carolina....she might surprise some of you.. And that's the state where Biden is gonna win anyway.

Here's another theory - she might be still in the race to send that small portion of toxic Bernie Bros and they aren't her daddy. She might be signaling to them they can't make her bend the knee. Look at how triggerred David Pakman gets at her. Now Bernie is the frontrunner by far without her and all that outrage makes Pakman look stupid now.

If she gets a cushy Fox News...oh well. It's not the biggest sin. Ever since Roger Ailes left, Fox News has been less unbearable with Tucker Carlson actually being somewhat reasonable at times. Would you rather have Fox News viewers like half the country listening to complete Trump shills or Tulsi being like another Tucker Carlson, but even more critical of Trump?

Her subscribe count on her youtube channel just surged the past week with her new podcast. And if she gets guests like Ed Snowden and Elon Musk on - her podcast will blow up. Andrew Yang would make another great guest.

Also youtube keeps trying to make her podcast less easy to find. Exposing more Big Tech bias against her.

Last edited:
I like Tulsi and would have considered her, but yeah... the DNC tore her down good with CNN and MSNBC leading the way for them. She should drop out.

Who knows? Maybe she's just in this to expose how pro--War the establishment is. And she isn't harming Bernie in any way with her low numbers and Bernie being the frontrunner by such a large percentage. Plus her endorsing Bernie is meaningless. For all we know Bernie and her maybe had a falling out. The AOC/Justice Democrat branch of Bernie's support hate Tulsi and Yang. She was never in it to win. She committed political suicide in 2016 already. Anyone who thinks she really wanted to win the whole thing isn't putting their mind through her point of view.

Her new podcast is great....and it alone makes it worth her staying in the race. Also she is polling 6% in South Carolina....she might surprise some of you.. And that's the state where Biden is gonna win anyway.

Here's another theory - she might be still in the race to send that small portion of toxic Bernie Bros and they aren't her daddy. She might be signaling to them they can't make her bend the knee. Look at how triggerred David Pakman gets at her. Now Bernie is the frontrunner by far without her and all that outrage makes Pakman look stupid now.

If she gets a cushy Fox News...oh well. It's not the biggest sin. Ever since Roger Ailes left, Fox News has been less unbearable with Tucker Carlson actually being somewhat reasonable at times. Would you rather have Fox News viewers like half the country listening to complete Trump shills or Tulsi being like another Tucker Carlson, but even more critical of Trump?

Her subscribe count on her youtube channel just surged the past week with her new podcast. And if she gets guests like Ed Snowden and Elon Musk on - her podcast will blow up. Andrew Yang would make another great guest.

Also youtube keeps trying to make her podcast less easy to find. Exposing more Big Tech bias against her.

Tulsi was the only one out of those candidates who came off as composed and mature, and actually able to answer a question with specifics. She doesn't play the game though and that's the type of stuff that makes members of your own party want to bury you. She doesn't fall into the Dems' usual talking points and her platform is more than just "Stop Trump." She actually wants to do things for her country.
Now my politics don't align with hers, but she's the only one there who you could have a rational conversation with and disagree on things, without her devolving into name calling or senile ranting. I hope she does get a cushy gig somewhere because her opinions are actually well thought out.

Back