Why the hell is Tulsi still in the race?

No offense to Hawaii but staying as a representative there wasn't going to do anything for her political career. Her best bet is to get a position with Bernie. Lol at Fox though.
If she did her job she could have been a Senator or other higher office though. But that’s unlikely now. Where else is she going to get elected?

Her best bet is with Fox. She’s on there all the time and they love her. The network isn’t going anywhere.

Putting all your eggs in the Bernie basket isn’t smart imo. I don’t think Bernie wins the presidency and even if he does she’s not guaranteed a cabinet position.

Granted Tulsi does get a lot praise from right wing news media, but that doesn't prove that the Republicans are grooming her for a third-party run. Let alone that she is a Russian asset.
So it's okay for you to accuse Tulsi of being a Russian asset, and therefore either a useful idiot at best, or a traitor to this country at worst, but it's not okay for someone on here to twist your words a little bit? LOL okay.
I think the idea that she's being groomed for a third party run is perhaps overselling it but there are definitely lots of people on the right who would love for her to do so in the hopes it splits the votes on the left and allows Trump to win. Exhibit A
She should stay in as long as she wants to. Let her run 3rd party if she believes in her message that much. Not sure what the big deal is.

If Gabbard has been groomed by anyone for this POTUS run its that creepy cult of hers. IIRC former members of the cult have pointed out that the leader has ambitions for one of his followers to become POTUS and they even started a political party in Hawaii.

If she did her job she could have been a Senator or other higher office though. But that’s unlikely now. Where else is she going to get elected?

Her best bet is with Fox. She’s on there all the time and they love her. The network isn’t going anywhere.

Putting all your eggs in the Bernie basket isn’t smart imo. I don’t think Bernie wins the presidency and even if he does she’s not guaranteed a cabinet position.

She served 4 terms. I think she'll be fine.

She's a progressive. Why would she work for Fox? She will endorse Bernie, like she did in the last election.

Like I said, she's super young. It's not like her career is over after a failed presidential run. She's a bigger name now then she was a year ago. Even if the Dems lose, the party is shifting to align with her views.

Last edited:
I think the idea that she's being groomed for a third party run is perhaps overselling it but there are definitely lots of people on the right who would love for her to do so in the hopes it splits the votes on the left and allows Trump to win. Exhibit A
True, but I doubt Tulsi will actually run as a third party candidate unless the DNC screws Bernie again. I think Sanders will win the nomination and Gabbard will endorse Sanders.

1. She's a progressive. 2. She's a Bernie supporter. It wouldn't make any sense for her to compromise her own beliefs and take votes from another progressive.

Incorrect. I pointed out that Clinton's actual claim was that she was being groomed to run third party by Republicans and that she was a favorite of Russia. I said that those two claims were correct.

No, we're not even discussing whether she's a Russian asset. I'm saying that the claims that Clinton actually made were correct.

The side issue is his desire to change the subject. Clinton made two correct, and uncontroversial statements about Gabbard. Then, as these things go, people who took offense to the statements tried to misrepresent them to be more controversial (still very much justifiable, but the key point here is that it's a dishonest argument tactic to shift like that). If I said, "I don't think the death penalty is appropriate for shoplifting," and you responded, "you think the death penalty is always bad, but it's good sometimes because X," that's a dishonest argument tactic--and that's true even if I do happen to oppose the death penalty in general. Are you understanding this? I think I've made the point a few times, and you keep responding as if I haven't.

Incorrect, as I've demonstrated.

I cannot see how you can make this claim given that you quoted the two posts that clearly contradict it. Here they are again:

"I mean Hillary calling her a Russian asset was pure BS, but there is no way Tulsi is winning that lawsuit."

"Well, Clinton said that Gabbard was being groomed by Republicans to run third party and that she's a favorite of Russia, both of which appear to be true statements."

Key point seems to be that you don't understand this. Clinton did not, in fact, call Gabbard a Russian asset, but she did say that she was being groomed by Republicans to run third party and that's she's a favorite of Russia. Both of those two statements--that were not calling Gabbard a Russian asset--are true. Do you understand? Utah brought up the Russian asset thing, and I pulled the discussion away from that and toward the actual claim. Then he responded first to ask for evidence, which I provided, and then acted as if the clarification never happened.

I don't care to, really. Previous discussion were bogged down around semantics so in this one, I specifically kept the focus on the substance while avoiding using the term. But it turns out that people *want* to bog it down because the substance isn't really in dispute, but people want to muddy the waters.

I call your attempts at that dishonest. It's baffling to me that you actually quoted the exchange that definitively refutes your claim and then you continue to make the claim.

I think I'll have to end here, because we aren't getting anywhere. I maintain that you're wrong on this point and you are being either obtuse or deliberately disingenuous. If anyone is following along with what has frankly become a tedious exchange, I leave it them to judge between our positions, and decide who between us has been more honest in their position.

Your intelligence is obvious, and I still enjoy reading a lot of what you have to say, but in this thread, at least, you have not held yourself to the same standards to which you hold others. Now that I think on it, I don't recall ever seeing you admit to being wrong on Sherdog.

Oh, and as a final point, Hillary did refer to Tulsi as a Russian asset, so you're wrong on that point, too:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ian-asset-groomed-to-ensure-trump-re-election
"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said. "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, referring to Gabbard, without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.

"She is a favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far. That's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she is also a Russian asset.

"They know they can't win without a third-party candidate, and so I do not know who it's going to be, but I can guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most need it."

I think I'll have to end here, because we aren't getting anywhere. I maintain that you're wrong on this point and you are being either obtuse or deliberately disingenuous. If anyone is following along with what has frankly become a tedious exchange, I leave it them to judge between our positions, and decide who between us has been more honest in their position.

Your intelligence is obvious, and I still enjoy reading a lot of what you have to say, but in this thread, at least, you have not held yourself to the same standards to which you hold others. Now that I think on it, I don't recall ever seeing you admit to being wrong on Sherdog.

Oh, and as a final point, Hillary did refer to Tulsi as a Russian asset, so you're wrong on that point, too:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ian-asset-groomed-to-ensure-trump-re-election

This sleazy hit-and-run attack is following a post where my position was proved objectively correct. Utah brought up the term, I shifted away from it, and then you insisted that I brought it up. It's there clearly in black and white.

"I mean Hillary calling her a Russian asset was pure BS, but there is no way Tulsi is winning that lawsuit."

"Well, Clinton said that Gabbard was being groomed by Republicans to run third party and that she's a favorite of Russia, both of which appear to be true statements."

Key point seems to be that you don't understand this. Clinton did not, in fact, call Gabbard a Russian asset, but she did say that she was being groomed by Republicans to run third party and that's she's a favorite of Russia. Both of those two statements--that were not calling Gabbard a Russian asset--are true. Do you understand? Utah brought up the Russian asset thing, and I pulled the discussion away from that and toward the actual claim. Then he responded first to ask for evidence, which I provided, and then acted as if the clarification never happened.

And I think you should read the Clinton quote again. She's referring to Stein in the part you bolded.

Last edited:
Probably hoping for a VP nomination.
She wouldn’t have ran in the first place

And if she was gunning for any cabinet position that shit sailed after she failed to endorse Bernie when it could’ve mattered

She's setting up a centrist run against Don Jr in 2024.

It's gonna be the "Just fuck already" election

Yup. Everything's a conspiracy.

Didn't say that but I can always count on you to miss the point.

This parallels my discussion with @Pseudo Sane here. Very common failing, I think. Poster A says something, and Poster B wants to argue with something different. It shades into being a strawman, but the second point could be legitimate, just not what is actually being discussed. I guess it's a natural flaw (I've pointed out that arguing honestly and in good faith is NOT the default--it's something people have to learn, and that many don't), but it feels more pervasive. I think that's because there is so much media out there that people have canned responses to different arguments, and they lazily repeat them even when they don't fit. In an earlier time, people might have had the same inclination to make substitute arguments but they'd have to work to create the substitutes, too.

The Senate is not a "higher office" than the House. There are two houses in Congress. The Senate and the House of Representatives.

Gabbard is a member of the House, a major in the Army and a member of the Foreign Affairs Committed (which means she has a higher security clearance than the president). So wtf are you talking about?

The Senate is not a "higher office" than the House. There are two houses in Congress. The Senate and the House of Representatives.

Gabbard is a member of the House, a major in the Army and a member of the Foreign Affairs Committed (which means she has a higher security clearance than the president). So wtf are you talking about?
She won’t be a Representative in 2021 and she’s lost a lot of popularity here in Hawaii by missing 85% of the votes and not working for her constituents in order to pursue the Presidency. So we were discussing what’s next for her. That’s what I’m talking about.

It seems like she’s banking on a career outside of politics or outside of Hawai’i.

Yeah Reps and Senators are technically no higher than one another but Senators have a higher profile as there are fewer of them and each of their votes carry more relative weight.

I like Tulsi and I wish her well. Take it easy, champ.

Last edited:
She won’t be a Representative in 2021 and she’s lost her popularity here in Hawaii by missing 85% of the votes and not working for her constituents. So we were discussing what’s next for her. That’s what I’m talking about.

Yeah Reps and Senators are technically no higher than one another but Senators have higher profile as there are fewer of them and each of their votes carry more relative weight.
You are making presumptions and you said she would have a higher office. This makes no sense.

In your opinion, having a "higher profile" does not mean it is a higher office. And she is not running for re-election on her on accord. She may change her mind.

You are making presumptions and you said she would have a higher office. This makes no sense.

In your opinion, having a "higher profile" does not mean it is a higher office. And she is not running for re-election on her on accord. She may change her mind.
Speculations. That’s what this thread is for. Tulsi wanted to be a Senator for Hawai’i at one point. It seems less likely now, just saying.

It’s too late for her to change her mind about running for re-election.

Back