With the coronavirus in mind, will you continue to roll?

u have an anime avatar
anime fans lives are less valuable

jk but anime sucks

C’mon, snakes coming out of vagina? How can you not like it?

ec2e65e4a31624f87240b0baae78357b.gif

tumblr_o9hhjwB2kk1v6w3juo3_250.gifv

rofl at you thinking your opinion matters more because you 'work in the health field'. youre a grunt who doesnt know shit, and are so terribly wrong about this topic.

do you knows opinion does hold weight on the topic? the World Health Organization. and the Centers for Disease Control.

you on the otherhand have a high school diploma.

You sound pretty mad there random guy, watch it before I sneeze on you.

Possibility for a 20-30% reduction in lung function even if you recover from it. Also - "in the field" was pretty fucking cringe.

I read that from an article interviewing Hong Kong doctors. They saw this with recovered patients. When they tried to walk quickly these recovered patients had lung function reduced and can’t say if it’s permanent or will they recover partially or 100% that’s why people who say it’s nothing and they would prefer to get it are seriously deluded. Why would you want to be infected with this virus or even the flu? I don’t need to be sick and not work.

It’s not an insult. My patients are primarily the elderly. Parents and grandparents. I known some of them a very long time. Their lives are less valuable? It will be a purge according to him, so who cares?

And he cares enough to keep responding doesn’t he?
responding is 1 thing caring if u get banned is another idc if i got banned here and ill respond still also if someone really wants to they can just a new account the f2 place is full of guys who get banned every other day lol just make a new account

are you dense? your reasoning for why it's fake news is the fact that you don't care if people die? i guess nuclear war isn't a big deal either. i mean who cares if we die, right?

look at italy. the surge in infections literally overwhelmed their entire healthcare system. how is that blown out of proportion by the media? what exactly is being misinterpreted here?

the US has declared a state of emergency and is closing borders to EU. did the liberal media do that, or did the fucking US government? the entire nation of italy is under strict quarantine, 60 million people. those pesky liberals and their fear mongering!

hospitals all over europe are collapsing under the burden, and there are still people like you who keep insisting it's the flu because not literally everyone will die.

but let's play the game from the other end. what exactly would need to happen with this pandemic for you to admit it wasn't fake news. how many deaths in the US? 10k? 100k? 1M?

least they arnt crying over fake white privilege at this point

dunno what people are talking about or what this thread is about but fuck anime fans

I would agree I plan to train, But then Stephan Kesting sent this to me in the email

Seems like an over reaction but it has me thinking

This is an excerpt from the Stephen Kesting quote....I think he summarizes the issues quite well. It is from post #13 if you want to read the whole thing.

I will not be going to a gym to train.
"The Big Problem
One of the big problems with this virus is that it's contagious BEFORE there are symptoms.
That means you could be rolling around with someone who seems perfectly fine, not the slightest cough or any indication of fever, and they can still give you the damn thing.
But maybe you're 20 years old. If so you might reasonably object that this virus mostly affects old people. And that's roughly true. Based on early mortality studies coming out of places like China and Korea the older you get the more likely you are to die from it.

Let me rebut this a few different ways...
First of all, even if you don't die it's still going to suck for you. People who hae recovered from this thing describe it as the feeling of being suffocated alive.
Secondly, even if you're not badly affected you could still transmit it to your parents, the grocer, the little old lady sitting next to you o the bus and kill them.
Thirdly, the less fast this thing spreads the more time society and the medical system has to prepare, so don't be a selfish douchebag.

You might ask, "But isn't the infection rate going down in China?"

Yes, it looks like the rates have mostly levelled off there, but China also took incredibly drastic measures in late January (after first lying about it of course) that are unlikely to be enacted anywhere else.

(And I guarantee you that BJJ clubs weren't allowed to be operating in Wuhan after January 24th or so.)"

go on, answer the last question. what needs to happen in the US for you to admit that the virus isn't fake news? who would have to come out and say that this is a big deal for you to take it seriously?
He will understand soon enough. My friend is an epidemiologist working in the private sector on a task force against covid-19. Quote his post back in 7-10 days and see what he’s saying then. My friend has been spot on about everything that’s happened when he started talking about this to me 5 weeks ago. Tonight I talked to him and he sounds legitimately scared. He says the U.S. Response is so bad that he had some colleagues think we could be seeing a 9/11’s worth of American deaths per week before May.

I hope he’s wrong but he hasn’t been yet. The case number and death count is low because so many people haven’t been tested. He says there could be close to a million people here undiagnosed with it without symptoms yet. Average person with it spreads it to a minimum of 3 people. The math on that grows fast.

He said to expect the number of cases to explode by the end of next weekend when so many of us that might have it already start showing symptoms, and for hospitals to be overrun.

He said there’s zero reason to presume we won’t end up just like Italy. In some ways better (less smokers) in some ways worse (less hospital beds per capita, more obesity, more expensive healthcare, people thinking this is a hoax, less chance of government relief, etc.)

Last edited:
Thanks man. Really appreciate. Scared more for my parents than for myself to be honest. However government seems to have finally started making the right things so I hope we'll be able to make it through.

Hope things will play out well for you and for all the other guys here.
Keep us posted friend. Be safe!

He will understand soon enough. My friend is an epidemiologist working in the private sector on a task force against covid-19. Quote his post back in 7-10 days and see what he’s saying then. My friend has been spot on about everything that’s happened when he started talking about this to me 5 weeks ago. Tonight I talked to him and he sounds legitimately scared. He says the U.S. Response is so bad that he had some colleagues think we could be seeing a 9/11’s worth of American deaths per week before May.

I hope he’s wrong but he hasn’t been yet. The case number and death count is low because so many people haven’t been tested. He says there could be close to a million people here undiagnosed with it without symptoms yet. Average person with it spreads it to a minimum of 3 people. The math on that grows fast.

He said to expect the number of cases to explode by the end of next weekend when so many of us that might have it already start showing symptoms, and for hospitals to be overrun.

He said there’s zero reason to presume we won’t end up just like Italy. In some ways better (less smokers) in some ways worse (less hospital beds per capita, more obesity, more expensive healthcare, people thinking this is a hoax, less chance of government relief, etc.)
no, man. it's just a flu, you weak liberal sheep. fake news, fake news, la la la la i can't hear you la la la!

i've been saying this for a while now. at the time when the first cases were confirmed in NYC, the US was performing literally 8 tests a day. when a place with new york's population density gets his by something like this and you aren't performing massive testing and isolation, it goes completely unleashed. it is unfortunately far too late now, the US is heading towards a surge that will cripple the healthcare system and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it anymore.

stay home and make sure the older people you know - parents, grandparents - stay home too. you need to stay safe and make sure you don't need medical attention regarding anything, not just this piece of shit virus, because very soon the hospitals will be completely swamped and won't be available to anyone.

This is an excerpt from the Stephen Kesting quote....I think he summarizes the issues quite well. It is from post #13 if you want to read the whole thing.
I will not be going to a gym to train.
"The Big Problem
One of the big problems with this virus is that it's contagious BEFORE there are symptoms.
That means you could be rolling around with someone who seems perfectly fine, not the slightest cough or any indication of fever, and they can still give you the damn thing.
But maybe you're 20 years old. If so you might reasonably object that this virus mostly affects old people. And that's roughly true. Based on early mortality studies coming out of places like China and Korea the older you get the more likely you are to die from it.

Let me rebut this a few different ways...
First of all, even if you don't die it's still going to suck for you. People who hae recovered from this thing describe it as the feeling of being suffocated alive.
Secondly, even if you're not badly affected you could still transmit it to your parents, the grocer, the little old lady sitting next to you o the bus and kill them.
Thirdly, the less fast this thing spreads the more time society and the medical system has to prepare, so don't be a selfish douchebag.

You might ask, "But isn't the infection rate going down in China?"

Yes, it looks like the rates have mostly levelled off there, but China also took incredibly drastic measures in late January (after first lying about it of course) that are unlikely to be enacted anywhere else.

(And I guarantee you that BJJ clubs weren't allowed to be operating in Wuhan after January 24th or so.)"

Exactly this.

My gym is not closing and I think it’s the wrong move. I have 1 person who I drill with at my house. He is also not going to bjj class and we will drill for the next while as this plays out. I am also going to work on weights/cardio.

The reality is form the 18 - 55 you are probably going to be fine.
Really?
Do you know that enough companies cancelled contracts to serve public events etc.
Some avio companies are about personnel reduction and tourism, hospitility industry too, plus all these mass events.
Mainly easily repleacable personnel there are young people.
With nice looking faces in photos on their CVs.
& One from companies is going to fire 250 employees, from them 210 are <35 with nice looking faces. Yes, at least half with degree too.

With reduction avio companies too at first are looking at stewards not certified and licenced experienced pilots for example.
Because they are able easily to get new steward from dreamer during 6 moths but for certified and licensed 1 st pilot there more than 6 years to learn …………

--
Plus all this mesh with trade market etc.
Definitely, when 2008 th crisis was going around, young people with nice looking faces had " plenty of jobs ".

You have a much larger chance of dying in a car crash on the way in to training than you do from getting sick and dying from coronavirus. I’m talking approximately 50 times more likely. Unless you are in close proximity at home with the elderly or someone with a weak immune system you will be fine.

As a first responder holy fuck this is getting annoying.
It’s very obvious that you’re a cop as opposed to a first responder who works in health care, like a paramedic.

I haven't rolled since late January due to recovering from a fractured ankle. I was looking forward to going back before C19 hit. My school might be closing for a while anyway.

in 6 months, we're all going to laugh at how overrated this coronavirus fake news bullshit is. LOL! It's going to go down in history as the biggest panick the world experienced. The biggest joke ever.
this an expert on viruses everyone should listen to him.

Back