WMMA Discussion #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm high on Blanchfield; I think she'll be Top 3 in that division one day and possibly a champ. But, she is getting finished this weekend. Hopefully she learns from it and comes back stronger. Kind of sucks that the UFC is killing off her hype and stomping a potential title challenger. I love Andrade but would prefer to see her return to straw weight (with a special clause that allows her to rematch the Decisionator at any time...more gut-punch KOs please!)

Jarl

I like Lara, but on a 4 fight skid? A sign of how little Bellator has grown that division in the last few years

I’m taking Andrade and MBS, both by decision, although a finish by Andrade isn’t out of the question.

I'm high on Blanchfield; I think she'll be Top 3 in that division one day and possibly a champ. But, she is getting finished this weekend. Hopefully she learns from it and comes back stronger. Kind of sucks that the UFC is killing off her hype and stomping a potential title challenger. I love Andrade but would prefer to see her return to straw weight (with a special clause that allows her to rematch the Decisionator at any time...more gut-punch KOs please!)

Jarl
They killed off the Molly hype with Blanchfield, and will kill off her hype with Andrade. Too much, too soon, I think. UFC matchmaking is hard to figure sometimes. I'd have given her two favorable matchups, and if they went well, title shot. I don't see this as a favorable matchup at all.

I like Lara, but on a 4 fight skid? A sign of how little Bellator has grown that division in the last few years

Bellator isn't the #1 org so there's no reason for them to sign/resign on 'best of the best only' basis. Lara is a name and draws attention, that's a good piece of reason to resign her right there (I know if I see Lara on a card, I'm more interested in watching a Bellator than otherwise).

Also, while she's on a losing streak, they were all against somewhat 'notable' fighters, and she probably should have got the dec in half of them. So that's another reason/excuse

And, she's a natural entertainer, who has what plants crave.
JThmMua.jpg

135_Alejandra_Lara.jpg

wouldn't you resign her if you were Coka the Hutt?
<GOT2>

k. UFC matchmaking is hard to figure sometimes.
They do this all the time. Slow roll a fighter until they get some wins and hype, then give them a major step up.

In an interview with the VP of UFC China. He says Yan Xiaonan is being scheduled for a title eliminator in May. With the hopes she wins and faces Weili in Shanghai in the later half of this year.

My guess that soon they will book Yan vs Lemos.2D7982C9-DA41-434D-BA61-54ADDE423DAB.jpeg

I had to come out of retirement for my girl Erin. Watch how the people in the main area going to say 125 looking better when we been telling them about Erin and the other younger fighters at 125 for years but they ignored us.

After the first few minutes it was blatantly clear that andrade was very, very afraid of the takedown. Her whole game kind of fell apart because of how much she was worried about it. That inside trip was beautiful from Erin after failing on the double leg earlier in the fight. Good showing from Blanchfield.

Full Camp Andrade beats Blanchfield.

Sucks that part of the deal to get more money means Andrade had to take this super late notice.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/2/...igns-new-contract-ufc-vegas-69-main-event-mma
I hate these kinds of arguments. If Erin losses she was not good enough and if she wins then Jessica would win with a full camp. You basically made it so Erin was in a no win situation. I could understand if Jessica got tired due to no training camp but she got choked trying to get up. I don't think a training camp helps her get out of that choke. Jessica could very well win in a rematch and that would be fine but if in the same situation as this fight no amount of training would have gotten her out of that choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back