WMMA Discussion #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall good night for upcoming fighters. Sad to say it, but Länsberg probably doesn't have much left in her. Ranked while being on a losing streak speaks volumes of the division. She had her moments during her UFC tenure, but I think her time might be up.

Both Silva and Blanchfield with impressive performances, and submission wins. Can't say I expected Andrade to perform the way she did, but I can't judge her when she took the fight on a week notice with her hands still healing. Her stock doesn't really go down much after this, I hope she drops down to 115 and brutalizes some bitches there (just not Karolina again please, stay far away from her).

I'm all in for Blanchfield vs Shevchenko/Grasso winner (in the rare instance that Shevchenko were to lose, she would get an immediate rematch if that were the case). Fiorot is out there healing up and doesn't want to fight Valentina anyway, and Santos is too concerned about having her full corner with her... So match those two up. Book them for a fight in the Summer to determine the next contender after Blanchfield.

I hope things don't go south again like the last time the division's top end was on fire; with Tate getting beat up by Murphy, Fiorot getting an uneventful win and getting injured in the process, Santos healing up and dealing with her personal drama, and Grasso just doing enough to beat Araujo and getting the next shot by default.

Also, where the hell in Katlyn Chookagian?! She was working overtime starting in 2020, loses against That French Chick and goes missing. She's healthy, she's always down to fight anyone, why isn't she getting booked?

I hate these kinds of arguments. If Erin losses she was not good enough and if she wins then Jessica would win with a full camp. You basically made it so Erin was in a no win situation. I could understand if Jessica got tired due to no training camp but she got choked trying to get up. I don't think a training camp helps her get out of that choke. Jessica could very well win in a rematch and that would be fine but if in the same situation as this fight no amount of training would have gotten her out of that choke.
I mean more goes into the benefits of having a training camp and rest after a bout less then a month ago then not getting tired.

I am still pleasantly surprised by just how much Erin was tagging Jessica in the standup. Stand up is still not a strength of hers but she is clearly improving. Punching power is an issue. Not taking her head off centerline while moving back is still a problem. She does have some head movement though. She slipped a few punches. If you notice her standup hand positioning also blocked a good amount of Jessica's hooks. I don't know if that was on purpose or she just got lucky but it is something I noticed. That worked for Jessica but a fighter who throws down the middle could be a problem. We all know once the fight hits the ground she is in her world she has a good chance to beat anyone there.

Please don't take my criticisms of Erin as like I'm hating or something. This is just my way to evaluating a fighter. I look for things they can improve on their quest to be the best. Been a fan since her EBI day and I will make taking victory laps if she ever wins the belt. If I am Erin I am not taking any more fights unless its for the belt. You don't want to pull a JoJo and mess up a title shot. Anything can happen in MMA so no reason to take any unnecessary chances.

I am still pleasantly surprised by just how much Erin was tagging Jessica in the standup. Stand up is still not a strength of hers but she is clearly improving. Punching power is an issue. Not taking her head off centerline while moving back is still a problem. She does have some head movement though. She slipped a few punches. If you notice her standup hand positioning also blocked a good amount of Jessica's hooks. I don't know if that was on purpose or she just got lucky but it is something I noticed. That worked for Jessica but a fighter who throws down the middle could be a problem. We all know once the fight hits the ground she is in her world she has a good chance to beat anyone there.

Please don't take my criticisms of Erin as like I'm hating or something. This is just my way to evaluating a fighter. I look for things they can improve on their quest to be the best. Been a fan since her EBI day and I will make taking victory laps if she ever wins the belt. If I am Erin I am not taking any more fights unless its for the belt. You don't want to pull a JoJo and mess up a title shot. Anything can happen in MMA so no reason to take any unnecessary chances.
Good seeing you again Rizz! After the fight Erin said yeah she'd like the title shot next and that it might line up because Shev - Grasso is in two weeks. But that no she won't wait. Said she's happy to take on anyone. I like that attitude. She's confident she'll beat anyone.

Props to both fighters. A new star is born with Erin Blanchfield. One could easily make the case that she is more worthy of a title shot than Grasso. Don't think Andrade's stock will plummet much and I suspect we will see her fight back at SW soon. Suddenly, Schev has a list of challengers to get through! 125 is shaping up to take over as the premier women's division in the UFC.

Jarl

So does Erin get the title shot or will Val get an immediate return against Grasso?
The Val vs. Grasso match is on in two weeks. From there I guess we’ll wait and see what happens. I should think Val has earned the right to call her shots. Truly an all-time great. I’m excited to see what Alexa has for her.

That was a hell of a performance by Blanchfield, holding her own in the stand up even before the fight entered her world.
Silva also looked good, which I expected against Lansberg.
For sure GB.

Blanchfield moved well in the standup. Kept her head off the center line, followed instructions from her coaches, absorbed some hard punches and got in a few of her own. Bright future for Erin. The nickname Cold Blooded is fitting. I like her no-nonsense attitude.

We’ll see what Andrade does next. I think she’ll go back down and make a run for Zhang. Kudos to her for taking the fight on one week’s notice and getting a new contract that will make her financially secure in the long term.

Enjoyed Silva’s performance. Hard body shots and then the sub was beautiful. Look forward to seeing what’s next for her.

Lansberg retired. https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/L...ement-After-UFC-Fight-Night-219-Defeat-189219
Thanks to the Elbow Queen for all the great fights. Wishing her and her family all the best!

Props to both fighters. A new star is born with Erin Blanchfield. One could easily make the case that she is more worthy of a title shot than Grasso. Don't think Andrade's stock will plummet much and I suspect we will see her fight back at SW soon. Suddenly, Schev has a list of challengers to get through! 125 is shaping up to take over as the premier women's division in the UFC.

Jarl
I really wish they had gotten Shevchenko vs Nunes done instead of Grasso was the perfect time.
Now Shevchenko has to fight Erin, by the time that's over I expect Santos to have won a good fight and be in line for a rematch, then fiorot could be ready, then Erin will be back stronger and more experienced. This is all if Val keeps winning a loss means a rematch.
Really would have loved to see that third fight which I don't think will ever happen now.

Everyone laughed at her accent gibberish but I really like Silva s attitude hope she gets that top contender of Pena or Rocky next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back