Worst Case Scenario: Firearm Election Fallout

I don't want to calculate what my NFA price would be if what Biden has on his site becomes reality.

Have you read Biden’s proposals on his site? No grandfather clause.

And the Republicans are heavily favored to keep the Senate right now- AKA literally none of this is going to happen. Even if they weren't, the absolute best case scenario for the Dems a week ago was 53 seats, with Manchin from West Virginia and Sinema (another moderate) from Arizona as some of the swing votes. Again, none of this was going to happen, ever.

I support gun rights too, but the extent to which people get themselves all wound up about unrealistic stuff is a bit much. Maybe read a bit more Politico and a bit less Alex Jones

And the Republicans are heavily favored to keep the Senate right now- AKA literally none of this is going to happen. Even if they weren't, the absolute best case scenario for the Dems a week ago was 53 seats, with Manchin from West Virginia and Sinema (another moderate) from Arizona as some of the swing votes. Again, none of this was going to happen, ever.

I support gun rights too, but the extent to which people get themselves all wound up about unrealistic stuff is a bit much. Maybe read a bit more Politico and a bit less Alex Jones
{<jimmies}

I agree to a certain extent. If the Dems won the senate I don't think there would be enough support amongst themselves to do much of the bold propositions that Biden outlined. There are enough Dems in swing states that I doubt they would agree to any form of confiscation. I think it would take a much larger contingent of democrats to broach the subject of confiscation or any effective ban. I could be way off though.

When they come to take them I’ll be sure to give them over..... bullets first

Wow. No bitter exchanges of heated words here in this thread. Not in this section of the forum anyhow. And I find it amazing. If this subject were discussed in the war room it would likely be a bloodbath. And Biden's life would have been indirectly threatened about a dozen times already.

But we don't see any of that craziness here & that's cool guys. Because you guys are cool.
As a Democrat who has only become a gun owner within the past year since moving to Arizona, this is where I fully expected to take the most heat but I haven't had to take any thus far. You've all been very welcoming despite our political differences, my inexperience with firearms & my lack of knowledge about them. And I just wanted to say thanks for that.

Regarding any major changes in gun control should Biden win on Tuesday, I don't see any big changes on the horizon. And I definitely think that when there are changes that much will be grandfathered in. I certainly hope so because of the massive collection of guns that my father-in-law left to me in May when he died. I'm quite certain that there are many things in it that some people would like to see taken off the streets. But those items are worth quite a bit of money so I'd like to be able to keep some of the items & sell the rest. Legally.

Again, gentlemen, you guys rock.
In my humble opinion, if your political viewpoints more closely align with the Democratic Party, but you also support gun rights, the answer isn’t to change teams and vote on a single issue. The answer is to push the Democratic Party to change teams on gun rights. And this is becoming a lot more realistic in 2020. You’re seeing a major shift in the opinion of gun rights amongst democrats, especially this year when many realized how quickly things can go to shit and the police may not be there to help them. Here in IL, we have been averaging 90,000 new FOID applications a month. I can tell you, a very large portion if not the majority of those new applications, are not conservatives. The conservatives didn’t wait until shit started to hit the fan to buy their first firearm.

Theres also rapidly growing liberal gun rights groups. Check out r/liberalgunowners on Reddit.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, if your political viewpoints more closely align with the Democratic Party, but you also support gun right, the answer isn’t to change teams and vote on a single issue. The answer is to push the Democratic Party to change teams on gun rights. And this is becoming a lot more realistic in 2020. You’re seeing a major shift in the opinion of gun rights amongst democrats, especially this year when many realized how quickly things can go to shit and the police may not be there to help them. Here in IL, we have been averaging 90,000 new FOID applications a month. I can tell you, a very large portion if not the majority of those new applications, are not conservatives. The conservatives didn’t wait until shit started to hit the fan to buy their first firearm.

Theres also rapidly growing liberal gun rights groups. Check out r/liberalgunowners on Reddit.
Thanks, bro. I'll check it out.

This might have been an issue for me before those pesky aliens abducted my entire stash back in October.

Here's a comprehensive list of what I have left after that timely incident:
barrettamyconey_getty101320.jpg

True story.

I hate to be "that guy" but:

I may add one (LPVO bolt gun) to the stable, that and I don't really like my Scout, if I'm being honest.

So the current stuff isn't grandfathered? What are the options, register them or sell to the government?

Idk it's a tough decision. People have a lot of guns and money tied up in them. Civil disobedience will likely be practiced by a lot of people. Some will register, some will sell to others or take the forced by back.

If there are still semi auto platforms with whatever the biggest capacity available is would be my answer.
Under my fascist government's new AR rules, it's sell to the government or go to jail. For a gun that has killed zero Canadians. One was used in a hostage taking 40 years ago that cost someone a finger, but I don't see them banning bandsaws.

No, the sales were for Columbus day

Isn’t this the country where deadly force in defense of your life gets you a murder rap?

It’s already starting. Raids, reclassification of accessories. The ATF is going for the full brown nose of the incoming administration. Gotta justify that budget.

Here's a preview of how it would look.

Cops coming by, with a warrant, for a fully legal gun. You know. Just to check.

Here's a preview of how it would look.

Cops coming by, with a warrant, for a fully legal gun. You know. Just to check.

Fuck every one of them with a pine cone....idgaf about "it's my job". Fuck you.

Back