Would a prime GSP vs Khabib even be a discussion?

GSP arguably has never faced a grappler on the level Khabib's at. The fight would definitely be interesting.

Really, cause koscheck, Fitch, Hendricks , Hughes, shields, sherk and parisyan would disagree with you.

lol at khabib being a better boxer
Gsp isn’t scared of his takedown
Gsp embarrasses Khabib in his prime and beats him up today
You don’t go from killing your self to make lightweight to beating the welterweight goat
Gsp is a better pure striker has the wrestling to negate or over power khabib and generally has faced more accomplished MMA grapplers and strikers who are also bigger than Khabib

I have khabib as better than johny Hendricks pretty much everywhere so...

Really, cause koscheck, Fitch, Hendricks , Hughes, shields, sherk and parisyan would disagree with you.
Hughes beat him and if we're being honest so did Hendricks.

I'm not saying Khabib would beat GSP, but yes, there is a discussion to be made.

If they fought at LW i'd say it's 50-50.

If they fight at WW I'd go with 80-20 in GSP's favor.

Hughes beat him and if we're being honest so did Hendricks.

I'm not saying Khabib would beat GSP, but yes, there is a discussion to be made.

If they fought at LW i'd say it's 50-50.

If they fight at WW I'd go with 80-20 in GSP's favor.
Prime GSP couldn't make LW.

I think Khabib might be a better boxer though
Nw2vWl8.gif

Not convinced GSP beats Khabib at LW tbh. Cutting big weight to fight smaller opponents in their natural weight class seems to be recipe for disaster. No one beats prime GSP at WW, outside of guys named Matt of course.

Last edited:
GSP arguably has never faced a grappler on the level Khabib's at. The fight would definitely be interesting.

GSP would take him down at will. Kahbib would be helpless. The GSP of UFC 100 was a god with his MMA wrestling.

Khabib is an insanely good grappler
But I think GSP likely fought a couple guys who were nearly as good, if not as good, pure wrestlers as Khabib.

Kos was a national wrestling champ, and a great athlete. GSP in fight 1 took him down and held him down at will.. Fitch, Hughes, Sherk all good college wrestler he took down at will and held down. And getting even 1 TD against a prime GSP was like winning the lottery..

Jake Shields says hi.
Shields is over rated. For christs sakes, the best guys he beat were mostly gate keepers. Woodley, Hendo, Maia, Lawler, Kampman, Daley, Akiyama, Condit, Okami, and a bunch of other scrubs. Wait till he has a resume like Khabib before comparing him.

At 170, I would pick GSP today. Anyone picking Khabib at that weight has no idea

Last edited:
I mean you could try to argue it and sound like you have no idea what you’re talking about, if that’s what you mean

Seriously, wouldn't everyone on the planet pick GSP to jab his face off?

Khabib is a mover the jab is excellent against a stationary target like Kevin Lee
Khabib admitted that he would probably lose to today's GSP at 170 (223 post-fight presser)

Back