Would Usman beat the prime versions of Condit and Diaz?

Maybe Diaz.
I don't think Marty would have beat Condit though.

Lol, yes.

the real question is : can he 50-45 both in the same night, because it’s entirely possible.

I would lean towards yes. Condit would spend the entire fight on his back. Diaz might too, but I would expect that fight to be a little more entertaining for some reason.

The problem with that statement is that you are only allowing his opponents to follow pre-USADA. If Usman gets to do the same thing then your comment doesn't work anymore. Since Usman has the grappling and striking power he would beat GSP if they are following the same rules.

Not that cut and dried IMO. GSP had tremendous timing. Usman probably more pure strength and punching power but GSP was a powerhouse of functional strength, agility, etc.

It would be a great fight no matter whether one or both had help. Usman looks tremendous, but let’s not forget that Colby took rounds from him and Burns had him in trouble. GSP was (probably) a lot better than those guys are.

Not that cut and dried IMO. GSP had tremendous timing. Usman probably more pure strength and punching power but GSP was a powerhouse of functional strength, agility, etc.

It would be a great fight no matter whether one or both had help. Usman looks tremendous, but let’s not forget that Colby took rounds from him and Burns had him in trouble. GSP was (probably) a lot better than those guys are.

It would definitely be fun to watch. I don't think GSP was a lot better than Colby. GSP needed his TD's to get his point fighting advantage and it would not happen versus Colby. Usman KO/TKO'd Colby. GSP has never TKO/KO'd any high level fighter. GSP was not perfect on rounds either. He lost multiple rounds to Jake Shields and Hendricks.

I don't believe GSP would be able to take down Usman which means he would be stuck in a striking battle on the feet. GSP had an advantage over his whole division with his reach when he was belt holder. He has no reach advantage versus Usman. Usman also hits much harder.

Usman beats pretty much every WW from the past generations, including prime GSP.

Condit has no TDD at all and Nick Diaz would also get ragdolled around the octagon. Neither of them would be able to win a round against Usman, Nick Diaz probably not even one exchange.

Usman by anything he wants over either of them.

Nah, that's too far imo. Usman by wrestling clinic over either, including possible TKO from gnp. But he's not better than either guy everywhere. Both the NBK and Nick are better on the feet than Usman. Not saying he couldn;t hurt them or even win a striking battle, but that would be far from a sure thing.

That's just what I think.
I don't think todays guys like Marty and Colby could hand with prime Condit.
Marty looks better fighting 155ers.
Yeah ok He went right through Woodley and Burns and destroyed Covington and Masvidal because he's the foremost MMArtist in the UFC right now Everything is up with this guy since he entered Whitman.....kicks and punches He barely even wrestled He just has to feint wrestle to get what he wants now

He's going to embarrass Covington on the next go around. the guys on his way to becoming the most dominant champ the UFC has ever had jmho

Last edited:
Definitely 50-45 against Diaz.

Definitely 30-27's Condit, but Carlos could take a few rounds in a fiver. Money'd still be on Usman. Who so far has challenged Usman enough during five rounds that Usman had to wrestle all 5 against a lot of resistance?

Yes. He's great where they both sucked at.

Only interesting factor is that Condit's was WAY more active in his guard earlier in his career with top notch cardio.

I'd give Condit a better chance them Nick but I think Usman beats both.

The problem with that statement is that you are only allowing his opponents to follow pre-USADA. If Usman gets to do the same thing then your comment doesn't work anymore. Since Usman has the grappling and striking power he would beat GSP if they are following the same rules.

EDIT* The battle versus Hendricks would be the most fun to watch since Hendricks got robbed on his victory over GSP.
Usman pre USADA is probably a MW.

I'm just saying.

Back