Opinion Would you call this an example of "FLIGHT PRIVILEGE"?

Piss poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Fuck you and them kids. Now move so I can stretch out

There likely wouldn't have been a seating issue if the parents only had one or two children. People really shouldn't be having more than two kids these days.

I have long legs so if it's a long flight like this one (10 hours) there is no way I'm giving up my aisle seat or my seat with extra leg room. If it was under 3 hours I would probably accommodate the family.
But then you wouldn’t have paid for extra leg room. He shouldn’t have been asked. They know he paid for it. And honestly. It’s a flight. The family is going to be together enough. When my kids were smaller, we wouldnt care if we were together or not. As long as the kids are with a parent.

If he paid extra for the seat he got, or even if he just got there first and it wasn't already assigned to someone else then he is not wrong.

One of the rare examples when the WR is in majority agreement. Nice to see reason prevail.

He planned ahead and paid extra. The parents could learn something from the guy apparently. A family of 6 should also be planning ahead ffs.

Flight Privilege = Having $2000 to take one of Joe Biden's flights out of Afghanistan

He paid for the seat and he should be shamed because he kept it. The assholes are the family who did not plan ahead. Also the guy was on his second 10 hour flight of the day. Damn that is some shit

Based on the article, no I don't think he was wrong. He had every right to say no. He paid extra for legroom, and they wanted him to move to another seat that didn't have the legroom. Now, I probably would have moved simply so I didn't look like an asshole, but I kind of resent the idea that I'd look like an asshole for staying in the seat I paid for. Shitty situation to wind up in.
They should have moved one of the par
My take: ANYONE who berated and verbally assailed him for not giving up his seat are FUCKTARD extraordinaires.

FUCK that "flight privileged" family. (coincidentally, I believe that retard family is white)

What say you?

I just deleted the link to the site, as a person in this thread said that Norton gave them a warning about the site. That said, I am sure there is nothing wrong, but I am airing on the side of caution.

Man 'treated abhorrently' on plane for refusing to move for family asks 'was I wrong?'

A man has said flight attendants gave him "abhorrent service" after her refused to budge and move seats on his plane so a family could sit together.

The man was on his second 10-hour flight of the day and had planned ahead and paid extra for a seat at the front for its precious extra legroom.

But his refusal to swap seats with a family of six looking to sit together left him getting the cold shoulder from passengers and flight attendants alike.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Link

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/15849482/plane-seat-legroom-give-up-family/

Man who’d paid for extra legroom refuses to move so family can sit together on flight – but was he in the wrong?

A PASSENGER has divided opinion after he refused to move seats so a family could sit next to each other during a flight.

The man, who had paid extra for a seat with legroom at the front of the plane, was asked to give up his seat for a family of six.

However, he refused to move for the 10-hour flight, and said he was given dirty looks for the rest of the flight.

He wrote on Reddit: "I paid a small amount extra for a seat that is in the front of the cabin - the coach seat that has a wall in front of it and extra legroom because it's my second leg in a 20-hour total trip.

"Two adults, two children (8ish?) and two infants would like to fill this row of four.

"Two adults with one infant each in the bassinet in front of them, and the two middle-schoolers. The attendant asked if I would move to a similar seat so they could sit together.

"I said, 'but I paid extra for this seat.' The response was that the other seat was the exact same, so sure."

However, he said that it was the same aisle seat and class but had no legroom, so he said he wouldn't move, resulting in one of the kids sitting by themselves.

He then said that flight service was "abhorrent" and that staff forgot to serve him.
While he said he was treated badly, most Reddit users agreed he did nothing wrong.

One person wrote: "You paid more and planned ahead. They didn't. Too many parents think the rest of us will just give them want they want even if they don't pay or plan for it."

They also said that flight crew should have offered a better seat in a better class if they wanted him to move.

Another person said: "I would have tried to sell them my extra legroom seat."

However, some families said that even if they book seats, they can be split up: "Unfortunately, I, and lots of other parents, have booked seats together just to have the airline separate us.

"I've had this happen even when I've paid more for certain seats."

Someone else agreed, saying: "It's not always possible to book an entire row, sometimes the best option is 3/4 and hoping someone will switch with you."

Despite this, others shared their own bad experiences when flying: "Someone on a flight asked me not to order the chicken because their child next to me is a vegetarian."
the two people sitting next to the guy could have asked to swap with the two passengers next to the lone kid.

seems the parents wanted all the great sits.

But then you wouldn’t have paid for extra leg room. He shouldn’t have been asked. They know he paid for it. And honestly. It’s a flight. The family is going to be together enough. When my kids were smaller, we wouldnt care if we were together or not. As long as the kids are with a parent.
They should have to understand that when u ask, there is a 50/50 chance you get a yes or no.
It is not fair to be so disgusted by someone saying no

He's right. He planned ahead and paid for that seat. The airline should have offered a deal, or the family should have offered to compensate him for the difference.

Would have bought him a drink if I were on the flight.

Theres a more egregious flight privilege example in the comments. Dude asked a passenger not to order the chicken because his kid was a vegetarian. Holy hell.

Why did you feel the need to point out the race of the family?
Because TS is a known racist, that views the world through a lens of hate and ignorance.

I need to know the race of the family to determine if this is white flight privileges

Because TS is a known racist, that views the world through a lens of hate and ignorance.

You are of of the biggest pearl clutching cry babies in The War Room.

But hey, go ahead and show people how exactly I am a "known racist". lol

Why didnt the portion of the family that was in the aisle with extra leg room ask to switch with the non-family in the aisle without the extra leg room?

Im going to go out on a limb here and say the isle without extra room wouldnt fit a bassinet? also, I had my seat changed at 3AM two days ago on a flight with my 1 year old, switch from window to the middle seat. could you imagine how bad it would be for everyone involved if they didnt accommodate me to an isle that was empty?

You read the article that a kid was separate from the rest of the family, yeah? Now im not sure why that is, but the article does state it.

Back