Social WR Lounge 299: His mom plays games

Do you miss the left?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and overtime as more and more regulars leave and fewer people replace them the subforum will wither.

Like I said though, I don't know how many true "regulars" have left in recent times. If we're talking about people who used to post regularly a few years ago, and then posted here and there, maybe, then sure, we've lost a few. But as far as recent activity is concerned, losing an active thread-starting troll like @Queen B would be a more major blow to this forum than losing pretty much any of those posters.

Science has aways been welcome discussion in the WR as far as i know.

It's a welcome discussion but not likely to reach more than 2-3 pages of discussion at most.

I miss the back and forth. Dont want everyone agreeing with me. Losing idiots i don't mind....losing other pov...

Like I said from the beginning with Trump, his most major contribution would probably be the amount of energy he injects into politics and the U.S. population which will get a lot more politically active, due to his level of celebrity and outrageous personality. It was never meant to last, certainly not when he was followed up by an empty suit like Joe Biden, but atleast for a time, temporary as it may have been, the people who'd generally talk about the weather or sports or what they last watched on TV, suddenly became firebrand ideologues fighting for a better world.

Once they become old and withered, they'll be able to go back in time and tell stories of when they fought a great evil in Donald Trump, and managed to defeat him, banishing him from the realm of social media. Wasn't exactly for World War 2, but for our generations of people, it will probably be the highlight of many people's lives.

I don't see the political angle to bioactive plastic from mango leaves.

I remember the anti-war rallies from 2003 (globally), and there was certainly nothing like that in the past 10 years.
I doubt it's even true in the US.
In fact locally Trump inspired nothing to speak of, whereas even the Occupy movement provoked reasonable local turnouts.

Like I said though, I don't know how many true "regulars" have left in recent times. If we're talking about people who used to post regularly a few years ago, and then posted here and there, maybe, then sure, we've lost a few. But as far as recent activity is concerned, losing an active troll like @Queen B would be a more major blow to this forum than losing pretty much any of those posters.

The Lounge has taken a hit. Would love to see a mod run the numbers on the forum at large.

I remember the anti-war rallies from 2003 (globally), and there was certainly nothing like that in the past 10 years.
I doubt it's even true in the US.

War can be a pretty big motivator to get people out there on the streets. As was Trump.

Imagine the difference if Clinton had been elected.

It's a welcome discussion but not likely to reach more than 2-3 pages of discussion at most.

That is because it requires higher thinking. Most of the people that post here are low thinking plebs.

War can be a pretty big motivator to get people out there on the streets. As was Trump.

Imagine the difference if Clinton had been elected.

Nobody demonstrated about Trump in my city, but we had massive turnouts for the Iraq war and even the Occupy movement saw a reasonable showing.

That is because it requires higher thinking. Most of the people that post here are low thinking plebs.
Like the ones when you just make a normal post and they lead with lots of insults?

What you got bud

Work and maybe an adventure with my kid Sunday.
Like the ones when you just make a normal post and they lead with lots of insults?
Yea. Most of the time ill post my opinion in a thread and will move on unless someone replies. It usually goes south from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back