Yadong Song Responds to Sean Strickland’s Controversial Comments About China

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
20220401043317_Yadong_Song_ff.JPG

Yadong Song found Sean Strickland’s recent comments about China to be “baseless.”

Strickland is notorious for his unhinged takes on a wide range of topics, so it did not come as surprise to most fight fans when Strickland randomly suggested that China’s biggest exports are plastic and COVID-19.

China's biggest exports..... Plastic and Covid....
— Sean Strickland (@SStricklandMMA) January 5, 2024

Song seemingly took offense at Strickland’s comments about his country, which according to him are “baseless stereotypes.”

“Hey champ, I respect your skills as a fighter, but we should be talking facts, not baseless stereotypes,” Song wrote on X. “As athletes, we ought to focus on what we know best and avoid making unfounded comments. Let’s set a good example, alright?”

Hey champ, I respect your skills as a fighter, but we should be talking facts, not baseless stereotypes. As athletes, we ought to focus on what we know best and avoid making unfounded comments. Let's set a good example, alright?"
— Song Yadong (@SongYadongLFG) January 6, 2024

Song is currently 10-2-1 in the UFC with his only losses coming against Kyler Phillips and Cory Sandhagen. “Kung Fu Kid” will take a two-fight winning streak into a matchup with former champ Petr Yan at UFC 299 on March 9 at the Kaseya Center in Miami.

Sounds like us left wingers. We all sound the same
You're the type of dummy that probably thinks "left winger" means liberal. If you were familiar with leftist spaces, at all, the one thing you would know about us is that all we do is fight and splinter into different groups over the tiniest differences in opinion. That isn't the same for the right. You guys agree on virtually everything "hurr durr wokeness" "hurr durr china" "hurr durrr stolen election".

You're the type of dummy that probably thinks "left winger" means liberal. If you were familiar with leftist spaces, at all, the one thing you would know about us is that all we do is fight and splinter into different groups over the tiniest differences in opinion. That isn't the same for the right. You guys agree on virtually everything "hurr durr wokeness" "hurr durr china" "hurr durrr stolen election".
I’m a liberal who leans left so idk what you’re talking about. Liberalism is still left. For you to get offended about what I said proves it to be true. My comment sums it up how you felt lmao

Back