Your unpopular opinions on music

Eh, I think enough people know U2 sucks. Nobody seems to want to acknowledge how bland and generic AC/DC is

Heard one AC/DC album you’ve heard them all. I can go the rest of my life never hearing back n black or you shook me.... god when sororities got hold of them and played them on repeat along with the gnr hits I wanted to leave. Ok, I didn’t want to leave, I just wanted to make them shutup

I think Bruce Springsteen has more great songs than the Beatles.

I think Metallica has higher highs than megadeth in terms of quality. But when Metallica drops a turd, damn. So megadeth was more consistent. And as big of a dick as Mustaine could be, he didn’t sue Napster.

Anthrax’s last two albums were great. Metallica has two solid albums lately, they just f’ed up the mixing. Metallica weaves in melody better than the other big 4, although anthrax has caught on.

If you’re doing a purist thrash metal I’m not sure anthrax fits the bill, to be honest. So I’d probably dq then as more of a heavy metal band with moments of thrash.

For pure thrash I’d go

1 Metallica based on their early work
2 megadeth on pure repeat quality
3- and b. Exodus and testament. I change by the day which I prefer but probably testament if I had to etch it in stone. (Both highly under appreciated)
4 slayer

Actually. For a pure thrash I’m flipping metallica and megadeth. Metallica slipped out of thrash with the black album and only visits periodically on its later albums

So- you made me convince myself to agree with you

To be honest, comparing Megadeth to Metallica is like comparing apples to oranges. The reason I picked Megadeth over Metallica is the same as yours. Additionally, Dave Mustaine wrote most of the songs in KEA and RTL, so his songwriting prowess shows through his old band.

Even though I said Megadeth is better than Metallica, I do have to acknowledge that the best thrash album of all time is Master of Puppets. Hands down, it is the most influential, original, and heavy work of its time. 1986 was an incredible year for thrash metal, and heavy metal in general. Master of Puppets, Peace Sells, and Reign in Blood are my top 3 favorite albums in that year, followed by Ozzy's The Ultimate Sin, Tesla's Mechanical Resonance, and Maiden's Wasted Years.

Turbo Lover can eat a fat dick. Goddamn, that album sucked so much balls.

I don't know if this is an "unpopular opinion", as anyone I show this video of David singing this song almost die, but I do believe he has one of if not the best voices in music and INCREDIBLE range.

One of the best live performances I have ever seen TBH.

David can sing really well. Best voice now - that's an overstatement, but the man knows what he's doing for sure, and is recognisable, which is priceless in our modern age of generic singers.

U2 was VASTLY overrated

Billy Joel and Elton John are decent if hackneyed piano players but their pop songs suck donkey balls

I'm new to drumming (see my thread in the music sub)

My music progression is probably odd, I'm in to everything. But I realize after sitting on a kit for a while, most of the death/thrash metal drummers arent as talented as I originally thought. Speed is not hard to learn (not as hard as having all your limbs playing different beats)

I've always respected musicians, but after actually sitting on a kit I have even more respect for the more technical/jazzy drummers, not just the guys that go really fast.

I drummed most of my young life, and the biggest aspect of respect I have for them is their cardiovascular acumen.

I remember going to an Iron Maiden concert, I think the Run For The Hills tour, and my jaw was on the floor... how the fuck does this drummer do it? The PACE. I think the slowest song was 110mph. <45>

Amazing cardio, and amazing accomplishment when juxtaposed with the drugs and alcohol they're liking consuming in their lives.

To be young and invincible...

Disagree completely, however in the spirit of your post...

Masterpiece!

It is all subjective, but for me it’s not even close. I rarely hear a Beatles song that truly connects with me on an emotional level. There are a handful, and that’s all. But there are dozens and dozens of Springsteen songs that do.

The number of incredible songs he’s written is astonishing. He’s still writing great songs. That’s a rarity for guys around the age of 70 who have hundreds of songs already.

His newest tune:

You know I always liked that empty road
No place to be and miles to go
But miles to go is miles away
Hello sunshine won’t you stay

His drumming an St Anger is the worst performance on a high profile album ever
You know, for some reason I like how shitty his playing on that album is. It gives it some kind of "authentic" feeling to me. I like that hes widely regarded as one of the worst high profile drummers that are out there.

Queen and The Beatles are overrated by lightyears.

Tool flat out sucks.

You are not a good person!

I’ll one up you- Anthrax is better than Metallica and Megadeth

Fixed that for you. You leave Slayer out of this.

I'd say he's still a great drummer even though his parts aren't the most complex or difficult to learn. To be able to do it day in and day out in front of huge crowds with pro consistency, most people who play think they are as good as the pros they emulate but they don't actually have the consistency. They can only pull it off in bursts. Jordison can probably play his parts in his sleep. I am sure he has it in his wheelhouse to play more complex stuff, probably just as complex as anybody else out there, but he chooses to play what he does because it works. Music isn't always about being the most technical on your instrument. Many people cite John Bonham as the greatest drummer of all time and he was playing pretty simple stuff most of the time.
Agreed, but let's be honest. The average Slipknot fan (myself included) is not looking for technicality. I too thought he was amazing, but seeing how Jay has stepped in and it still sounds just as good has shown me it's the overall feel of the song and not necessarily the drumming that has me rocking. I just tend to favor bass and beats.

Down was better than Pantera
images

That"s a BOLD statement, and one I don't entirely disagree with. I always wondered how much better Down would have done if they weren't just a side project for all the artists involved at their beginning? I would absolutely trade Dime (R.I.P.) for Kirk and Pepper all day everyday, and twice on Sunday.

rock with those more higher vocal ranges on guys, usually fucking sucks. Rock is supposed to be edgy, aggressive, have some danger and sleeze.

Not be fucking mr brightside bullshit

I think Bruce Springsteen has more great songs than the Beatles.
and I think his music is the same shit over and over very boring stuff but atleast he was able to pull a Dylan and give Manfred Mann's Earth Band a #1 hit song.

Agreed, but let's be honest. The average Slipknot fan (myself included) is not looking for technicality. I too thought he was amazing, but seeing how Jay has stepped in and it still sounds just as good has shown me it's the overall feel of the song and not necessarily the drumming that has me rocking. I just tend to favor bass and beats.

images

That"s a BOLD statement, and one I don't entirely disagree with. I always wondered how much better Down would have done if they weren't just a side project for all the artists involved at their beginning? I would absolutely trade Dime (R.I.P.) for Kirk and Pepper all day everyday, and twice on Sunday.
I don't know about trading Dime but I really do enjoy the Sludge Metal sound in Down especially Phil's singing better then alot of his stuff in Pantera other then songs like Flood, Cemetery Gates, Hollow, and Revolution is My Name.

and I think his music is the same shit over and over very boring stuff but atleast he was able to pull a Dylan and give Manfred Mann's Earth Band a #1 hit song.

I think each of his first 12 albums are so different they almost seem like they could be made by different artists. Musically and lyrically, they are all over the spectrum.

I’m curious, what is the same about all his music?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back