173 Strickland vs DDP 137

Harlekin

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
DDP did 0 damage with the takedowns and the takedowns themselves also did 0 damage
Sean cuts easily, also because he sparres into fight week.
The cutting punches didn't even stagger him.

Hardcore robbery, win via UFC wanting the african market

You can deduct another 10 from DDP leg kicks, because checked.
And another 20 of the headshots, because they just glanzed.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
All that matters is 3 rounds, and in the 3 rounds that DDP won, they were within 3-4 strikes of eachother. Sean retreating the majority of the time in rounds where they were that close in strikes and giving up takedowns is just a bad look. And yes, I realize sean got right up from the takedowns, but again, in rounds that close, it's just a bad look. Add to it the fact that most of seans output was jabs while retreating, and dricus's output was hard kicks, hooks, straights and takedowns while pushing sean back, and it's not that hard to see why the judges would think Dricus was doing the better work in 3 rounds.

Last edited:
Close fight but I disagree with the decision. I didn’t notice in the fight but Sean said he got cut from a clash of heads which kinda sucks. I find it annoying that takedowns still carry so much value when they amount to nothing. I also wonder how judges interpret calf kicks if they’re being effectively checked.

DDP did 0 damage with the takedowns and the takedowns themselves also did 0 damage

maxresdefault.jpg
This post is pure white supremacy

maxresdefault.jpg
So you don't know how to score mma fights? This post leads me to be believe you don't understand how a round by round scoring system works

Close fight but I disagree with the decision. I didn’t notice in the fight but Sean said he got cut from a clash of heads which kinda sucks. I find it annoying that takedowns still carry so much value when they amount to nothing. I also wonder how judges interpret calf kicks if they’re being effectively checked.
He clearly got cut from a punch that dricus threw. They even showed the replay

He clearly got cut from a punch that dricus threw. They even showed the replay
That’s what I thought I saw too. Or an elbow off the break from getting up from TD. I’m just saying Sean posted that he was also cut from a clash of heads. If that’s true, it’s just unfortunate for Sean as it’s more visible damage from something the ref/judges would not have taken into consideration.

I will say that I was happy they didn’t stop midfight to have doctor examine Sean’s cut and give Dricus time to rest because I was expecting cardio to be more of a factor. I think Dricus was dog tired but at the same time hungry as hell for that belt.

Who cares. Crap fight between two bang average fighters. I thought this sport was "evolving". LOL imagine these guys fighting Anderson Silva. strcikland fights like a frightned rabbit ffs
I said this in another thread and agree completely.

These guys would get destroyed against the likes of TRT Vitor, Anderson, Machida, Luke, Yoel, probably Bisping too.

Who cares. Crap fight between two bang average fighters. I thought this sport was "evolving". LOL imagine these guys fighting Anderson Silva. strcikland fights like a frightned rabbit ffs
The sport is evolving. You’re nit going to see that reflected in every current fighter in every fight, that would be ridiculous.

strickland outstrucked adesanya who only knows striking

ddp who is a jack of all trades
i bet ddp would suffocate adesanya too by his constant pressure
mixed with his wrestling and power punches

All that matters is 3 rounds, and in the 3 rounds that DDP won, they were within 3-4 strikes of eachother. Sean retreating the majority of the time in rounds where they were that close in strikes and giving up takedowns is just a bad look. And yes, I realize sean got right up from the takedowns, but again, in rounds that close, it's just a bad look. Add to it the fact that most of seans output was jabs while retreating, and dricus's output was hard kicks, hooks, straights and takedowns while pushing sean back, it's not that hard to see why the judges would think Dricus was doing the better work in 3 rounds.
Not hard to see but I still expect better of mma judges.

They need to open up to OT round is they don't want fights ending in draw. Round 2 was split down the middle with everyone judging, which would make it a draw 🤷🏼

I was too sleepy to finish the Main Event

That co-main was a sleep pill and Dana’s slap to Canada LoL

I am surprised so many people care. I barely managed to stay awake through the co-main. Honestly didn’t care about the main after 2 rounds when I realized it was going to decision. One of the worst cards.

People really need to learn the unified rules and criteria for scoring.

I keep seeing all these fucking total strike stats and just shake my head. Thats not how it works, even if you're trying to argue for a Strickland win.

Back