Crime 2 teens in Florida get 21 days in juvie for plotting school shooting

KAZSoliloquy

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/09/13/us/florida-middle-school-shooting-plot/index.html

The two middle-school students who were arrested after allegedly planning a shooting at their school in Lee County, Florida, attempted to recruit other students to join their plot, an arrest report in the case says.

"These conversations took place during classes, in the cafeteria, and through Zoom virtual meetings," according to the report, regarding the alleged plot at Harns Marsh Middle School.

The teens told classmates they planned to obtain weapons on the black market and showcased a map with surveillance cameras, a natural gas line and shooting locations marked, according to the arrest report. No weapons were found at the school.

Last week Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno told reporters during a news conference that search warrants executed at the students' homes turned up "a gun and several knives," among the evidence that Marceno called "disturbing," CNN has previously reported.

The arrest report says that last week, the suspects "both approached each of the students and verbally asked them if they wanted to participate in the school shooting. All the students declined to take part."

According to a sworn statement from an unnamed person included in the arrest report, the two teenagers planned to target "bullies" and identified the cafeteria as a shooting location, after they had created a diversion using gas.

the teens:

the parents:

Christopher-and-Carrie-Tuller-e1631579724446.jpg

Last edited:
According to a sworn statement from an unnamed person included in the arrest report, the two teenagers planned to target "bullies" and identified the cafeteria as a shooting location, after they had created a diversion using gas.

How many times have we heard this

Down here kids get a slap on the wrist. My sister in her teen years would get arrested on felonies during the day and by the evening the local JAC center would be calling my mom to come get her. My mom would go before the judges and ask to have my sister held and they would just say no and release her to my mom.

Hopefully there's some counseling or something required.

Not really sure what sort of time is appropriate for this crime and the kids age, says they're teens but they look 10 in the pics. How old are they?

Hopefully there's some counseling or something required.

Not really sure what sort of time is appropriate for this crime and the kids age, says they're teens but they look 10 in the pics. How old are they?
13 and 14

First reaction: Holy shit, how they only get that for planning something that evil???

second reaction after seeing picture: Holy shit. They're just little kids. Society (especially parents) failed them

I know the US stopped executing children in 2005, but I thought that sentencing was still a little stricter than that?

Back