Social 6 dead including 3 children

oldshadow

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
"6 dead including 3 children by kite strings at India Festival

Three children and three adults were killed when their throats were cut during a weekend festival in the Indian state of Gujarat.

The casualties occurred at the annual Uttarayan festival, when revelers are known to take part in kite fights where competitors aim to cut other opponents’ kite strings, the Press Trust of India news agency reported."

https://ustimetoday.com/6-dead-including-3-children-by-kite-strings-at-india-festival/

What the hell is wrong with people. You want to win a kite flying contest so bad you use something and kill people including children.

Does India have a death penalty.if so theses people deserve it

Edit One was a baby.

"Three children — including a baby — are among six who were horrifically sliced to death after a kite-flying festival turned into a bloodbath"

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...s/news-story/d1f94dd81f62a1c13a26030fc5e5a553

Six people were horrifically sliced to death by glass-encrusted kite strings after a blood-drenched festival in India.

It’s understood at least 11 people died during the festival after either plunging from buildings or being sliced by the strings.

Apparently it's been banned since 2007

im sure there is a reasonable explanation for this

RIP to the fallen

I thought that was an Afghan thing. Didn't realise it was a tradition in India as well.

So can you drive around with these kites and slice up people to death? I'm just asking for a friend

im sure there is a reasonable explanation for this

RIP to the fallen

It’s a game. The aim is to cut the strings of your opponent’s kite.

Many of these kites are flown with a typically very sharp, abrasive coated line (manja). Most are flown with a set length of this at the kite end. To avoid getting hand injuries ordinary string (saddi) is used for the ground end. Some lines have thin blades attached to the tail, line, or kite. Competition rules vary by region. Two or more contestants fly their kites. The person who cuts the opponent's line wins the fight. In multiple kite matches, the person with the last kite in the air is the winner.

The two most common types of cutting are done with abrasive coated line – release cutting or pull cutting. To release cut, once lines are in contact, both parties reel out their lines until one is cut. In pull cutting, the flier quickly pulls in the line. Winning factors include the skill of the kite flyer, size of the kite, its speed, agility and durability, the quality of the line, its sharpness, the quality and size of the spool, the spool mechanism, initial contact and wind conditions.

Most contests are informal neighbourhood affairs. Organised competitions do exist, such as since 2015 the "Red Bull Kite Fight" each year in a series of cities in North India.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighter_kite

Crazy thing is it says 18 people died at the festival in 2018 but they keep fucking doing it.

I thought that was an Afghan thing. Didn't realise it was a tradition in India as well.
Some years back I've read of similar incidents in Pakistan. My very cursory perception: seems that kite flying in the north western part of South Asia has a very competetive component to it.

In India, even kites are deadly.

It’s a thing in almost all poor countries. Both Brazil and the Philippines are other countries I know of that have a tradition of kite competitions, and some shady competitors attaching sharp objects to the string to cut other kites down.

With every day that passes, I find it harder and harder to disagree with the Cathar notion that this place we're currently living in is Hell.

Child rape, child trafficking, abuse, murder, every day stories like the one in the OP.....and on and on and on.

This place is horrible.

Oh my god, the horror! It's almost as deadly as the bi weekly shoot up your school festivals we have in the US.

Back