Media Arman Tsarukyan says UFC 300 judge apologized for scoring fight in Charles Oliveira's favor

It was a 50-50 fight. Oliveira won Round 1 and Tsarukyan won Round 2. Tsarukyan won the first part of Round 3, but then Oliveira caught him in a D'Arce choke that Tsarukyan was unable to escape. Given that Tsarukyan needed to be saved the bell, there is a very logical argument that he lost Round 3.

Screenshot-20240418-222502.png
It wasn't that Arman could escape the Darce, he didn't want to stand and have Charles jump hard with the guillotine. He was in a safe spot Believe it or not and it was the end of the rd. Arman said this on the MMA hour btw.

It was a 50-50 fight. Oliveira won Round 1 and Tsarukyan won Round 2. Tsarukyan won the first part of Round 3, but then Oliveira caught him in a D'Arce choke that Tsarukyan was unable to escape. Given that Tsarukyan needed to be saved the bell, there is a very logical argument that he lost Round 3.
Attempting a submission does NOT undo the rest of the round

It wasn't that Arman could escape the Darce, he didn't want to stand and have Charles jump hard with the guillotine. He was in a safe spot Believe it or not and it was the end of the rd. Arman said this on the MMA hour btw.
He also said in the latest interview with DC that he was compromised after that guillotine, and that was the reason why he couldn’t finish the fight. I like how honest he is about this.

That neck is going to be hurting for sure and it is better to get all healed before going to an another camp.

I wanted Oli to win, but fuck that.

Oli shouldn't have let himself get held down for most of the fight. That's on him. He should have finished those submissions instead if letting another man control him for so long.
I did not feel like Charles was robbed.
He make a few mistakes in this fight and paid for it.

He could have done more.
I am not really upset that he lost.

Tsarukyan is a boring card-filling bum. I almost rather watch Marcy Barber kick air than Arman. ALMOST. As godawfully boring Arman is, it's still better than watching WMMA and that Wheelie Zhang/Can Xionan practice session on PPV.

UFC 300 was a bust.
UFC 300 was great. But Zhang/Yan certainly disappointed. Not nearly as much as Aljo, but it was a huge let down nonetheless.

Armen is dumb. As IF a Judge would ever admit fault under any circumstances, let alone to the coach of a winning fighter. Judges are impossible to hold to standard and infamously rare with public statements, doubly so after a fight with controversy. The idea that his coach just called the dude up and he answered....AND THEN APOLOGIZED for scoring the fight for Olives is so absurd it barley qualifies as a child's fantasy. I half expected Armen to say that after the call everyone stood up and clapped for his coach. Dude is a mental case just waiting to split open.

Its not impossible that a judge thinks they made a mistake after the fact and felt bad about it.

The judge should have told him to F### off.

It was as close fight
Not really, the only debate should be was it 30-27 or 29-28. Oliveira didn't have the position to finish the darce, he just had the hand position. It's like having the guillotine lock but without the position to apply the pressure to finish it.

Arman comes off like such an asshole, guy definitely has small man syndrome.

UFC 300 was great. But Zhang/Yan certainly disappointed. Not nearly as much as Aljo, but it was a huge let down nonetheless.

The prelims were better than the main card. Yes, Aljo bored everyone to death too, but it was only 3 rounds, so it wasn't as miserable as sitting through 25 minutes of Deep Jewels rejects. Then they had to put that idiot Beau Nickel on the main card when he should have been the first fight on the prelims. They could have put any other fight in that spot.

Pbp, by round 3, I thought most had it 1-1, and Charles obviously won round 3.
Maybe old guys take finishes more into account. Eh. Whatever.

In what world ? The only close round was the first. 3-0 Arman.

guy complains that the judge is jeopardizing 10 years of hard work and training.

you know what else will jeopardize your 10 years of hard work and training? threatening to kill judges.

If you watch the video, you can see that he's jocking and it's because of a lack of better words. In fact, it's DC the one who tells him "you would have killed him" and he just uses the same words, since his English is worse than Islam's.

If you watch the video, you can see that he's jocking and it's because of a lack of better words. In fact, it's DC the one who tells him "you would have killed him" and he just uses the same words, since his English is worse than Islam's.
well then he needs a good advisor and some english lessons. he’s gonna get himself in trouble.

I think this is a straight lie

A judge would never do that

Probably Arman knows that it was tight and is a little insecure

I think this is a straight lie

A judge would never do that

Probably Arman knows that it was tight and is a little insecure
The submission attempt in round 1 was close the one in round 3 wasn't. He only had the lock but wasn't in the position to cut off blood flow. It's like when someone gets the guillotine lock but doesn't have the position to cut off blood flow, it's more just annoying/stalling than anything else.

yeah, this dude needs some serious anger management lessons. he won the fight anyways so i dunno why he got his panties in a bunch over it. that being said, i don't think he's a mean person or anything, he conducted himself properly with all the do bronx heckling during the pre-fight press stuff. just would hate to see his career blow up over an impulsive reaction.

Back