Media Arman Tsarukyan says UFC 300 judge apologized for scoring fight in Charles Oliveira's favor

It was a 50-50 fight. Oliveira won Round 1 and Tsarukyan won Round 2. Tsarukyan won the first part of Round 3, but then Oliveira caught him in a D'Arce choke that Tsarukyan was unable to escape. Given that Tsarukyan needed to be saved the bell, there is a very logical argument that he lost Round 3.

Screenshot-20240418-222502.png
Well said

But because most MMA fans don't actually train and there are more Oliviera fans than Arman fans the consensus is "it's a toss-up"....which reminds me of Carlin's quote "'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'"

So then between stupid fans, retired and senile boxing judges, corrupt referees, corporate suck-up commentators, a pathological liar promoter, and brain-damaged fighters, who do we listen to?

It wasn't that Arman could escape the Darce, he didn't want to stand and have Charles jump hard with the guillotine. He was in a safe spot Believe it or not and it was the end of the rd. Arman said this on the MMA hour btw.
That's what pisses me off about current rules. He was in a safe spot, chilling. Charles should be allowed to knee him in the forehead at will there. Not Arman's fault of course, just a stupid rule. Safe spots shouldn't exist. Now you curl up, head first to the canvas and you are good, that's ridiculous.

It was a 50-50 fight. Oliveira won Round 1 and Tsarukyan won Round 2. Tsarukyan won the first part of Round 3, but then Oliveira caught him in a D'Arce choke that Tsarukyan was unable to escape. Given that Tsarukyan needed to be saved the bell, there is a very logical argument that he lost Round 3.

Screenshot-20240418-222502.png

I scored it 29-28 Oliveira winning rounds 1 and 3. Mike Bell is a bitch if he really apologized for that. Arman fought off the darce by laying in corpse pose and never got out of the lock. He had to be saved by the bell.

It's a valid defense to the darce in sport jiu jitsu but if you had to play dead to survive the round and you never actually escaped the lock, you can not be mad that a judge didn't give you that round on the scorecard.

Well you can, but you'd be an idiot.

Stay salty Arman. Still want to see you fight Islam after a full camp.

That's what pisses me off about current rules. He was in a safe spot, chilling. Charles should be allowed to knee him in the forehead at will there. Not Arman's fault of course, just a stupid rule. Safe spots shouldn't exist. Now you curl up, head first to the canvas and you are good, that's ridiculous.
Exactly, it's been way past due for the UFC to adopted better rules like One championships, fucking stupid.

Good to know lay&pray still gets you the rounds :/

Olives had 3 submissions locked in and Tsar got saved by the bell for 2 of them (triangle/armbar (2nd round), d'arce (3rd round)).

This fight had to be scored as a W for Oliviera.
The triangle armbar was not trouble and happened during a round Oliv definitely lost, so it's kinda worthless to bring up and only makes it look like you're scoring the fight as a whole

Fair enough but if knees were allowed on the ground Armon would have maybe knocked him out in the first round or the second he was able to get easy takedowns and from a wrestler's perspective getting side control or north south is a lot easier than it is to land knees from a Striker's perspective unless someone sucks at takedowns like a jake Shields where they have to spam them constantly to get them. Someone like Armon or how GSP was where they could get easy clean takedowns and then get side control or South north south if they wanted to would f****** obliterate people with knees.

I do agree that there shouldn't be safe places in MMA but I think needs on the ground help out wrestlers a lot more than people think they would, provided there the type of wrestler that gets Easy Clean takedowns and not one of the ones that has to chain a bunch of takedowns and is on their knees a lot.

Well Charles also could have let go and used the position to hurt him in the legal ways. Sticking to something that wasn't working was kinda just giving up

Fair enough but if knees were allowed on the ground Armon would have maybe knocked him out in the first round or the second he was able to get easy takedowns and from a wrestler's perspective getting side control or north south is a lot easier than it is to land knees from a Striker's perspective unless someone sucks at takedowns like a jake Shields where they have to spam them constantly to get them. Someone like Armon or how GSP was where they could get easy clean takedowns and then get side control or South north south if they wanted to would f****** obliterate people with knees.

I do agree that there shouldn't be safe places in MMA but I think needs on the ground help out wrestlers a lot more than people think they would, provided there the type of wrestler that gets Easy Clean takedowns and not one of the ones that has to chain a bunch of takedowns and is on their knees a lot.
Definitely.

Yes, and when judge only gives my Armenian brother 50,000K in fake car accident scam in the Los Angeles car insurance and medical scam, he also say that judge is fucking bullshit.

Was a clear 29-28 imo for Arman. If Charles was able to do a little more in the 3rd I could see him getting the nod but having 1 submission that we could argue about “how close” it was and thats it, shouldn’t win you a round.

Given that Tsarukyan needed to be saved the bell

This claim is questionable.

I'm not going to say that you're wrong but I disagree with you and many analysts do as well.

Zahabi and the Gracie breakdown people believe that it weight tight/proper enough.

I like Charles just as much as the next guy but it is hilarious seeing all these dudes upset because Tsarukyan won.

Back