Law Authoritarian GOP Above the Law

Ophydian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I guess it's now OK for a leader of the Republican party to threaten Telecom companies not to comply with the bipartisan investigation looking into Jan 6th.

First he threatens to strip House members of assignments if they work with the Jan 6th investigation and now he's threatening Telecom companies with retribution if they assist with providing phone records to the commission.

https://www.newsweek.com/kevin-mcca...-telecoms-not-give-data-1-6-committee-1624820

"If these companies comply with the Democrat order to turn over private information, they are in violation of federal law and subject to losing their ability to operate in the United States," McCarthy said in a statement. "If companies still choose to violate federal law, a Republican majority will not forget and will stand with Americans to hold them fully accountable under the law."

There is no law that the telecom companies would be breaking by providing information to the House committee. Also, threatening Telecoms with Republican majority retribution is disgusting. How could a rational, sane, member of the GOP accept this type of behavior? This also does not show the sign of an innocent man. Whatever happened to the party of law in order now threatening companies over working with the law? This is the result of the base not speaking up and denouncing this type of behavior.

Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Authoritarian
Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

You support his behavior and at the same time you don’t understand the Constitution. Good job!

Authoritarian

You support his behavior and at the same time you don’t understand the Constitution. Good job!
Yes, I support people's right to privacy, which apparently makes me the "authoritarian". and not the ruling class demanding that corporations hand over private information. Derp. Not sure you know what "authoritarian" means.

If the political establishment want to spy on their political opponents, they can just lie to get phony warrants like they usually do.

Last edited:
Yes, I support people's right to privacy, which apparently makes me the "authoritarian". and not the ruling class demanding that corporations hand over private information. Derp. Not sure you know what "authoritarian" means.

I am not sure that you know what the 4th amendment means.

The Republicans in the house can delay the inevitable and stall...but getting these records is indeed inevitable. Love watching them squirm and hide from the light though.

It's fine if they do all the investigation they want. I support it and encourage it. And when the Republicans take over I support them doing the same thing and even slinging more shit .

I am not sure that you know what the 4th amendment means.
Feel free to clear it up for me then. If they don't have a warrant, the government cannot demand people's private information. I didn't see any clause that said "unless they didn't vote for the ruling party".

Just lol at supporting a surveillance state because you think it'll only be your political opponents getting spied on. You know as well as I do that you'd be making the same thread calling it "authoritarian" and nazis if it was republicans demanding corporations hand over private data of their political opposition, but it's democrats yet again, so you're totally on board, and protecting the privacy rights of citizens is now "authoritarian". Hell, you were all on here calling it literally Hitler and "gassing protesters" when cops used an effing pepper ball to break up a crowd of rioters burning a church, then 2 months later were fully supporting a capitol police officer shooting an unarmed 5'2 girl in the throat for trespassing.

It's fine if they do all the investigation they want. I support it and encourage it. And when the Republicans take over I support them doing the same thing and even slinging more shit .
You do understand why there is an investigation right? And why Republicans are trying to hide their phone records, right?

Feel free to clear it up for me then. If they don't have a warrant, the government cannot demand people's private information. I didn't see any clause that said "unless they didn't vote for the ruling party".

Just lol at supporting a surveillance state because you think it'll only be your political opponents getting spied on. You know as well as I do that you'd be making the same thread calling it "authoritarian" and nazis if it was republicans demanding corporations hand over private data of their political opposition, but it's democrats yet again, so you're totally on board, and protecting the privacy rights of citizens is now "authoritarian". Hell, you were all on here calling it literally Hitler and "gassing protesters" when cops used an effing pepper ball to break up a crowd of rioters burning a church, then 2 months later were fully supporting a capitol police officer shooting an unarmed 5'2 girl in the throat for trespassing.

A subpoena is a form of court order and is not protected by the 4th. If it were then Hillary would have used it to prevent her E-mails from being accessed and Trump would be using it to protect his tax records, he’s not.

Why do you think they are delaying the handover of records?
Maybe they just care about Americans freedoms. This is all political theater for the dems. The FBI report already proved that.

Back