Law Authoritarian GOP Above the Law

@nostradumbass @Mr Holmes

Regardless of your failed understanding of the Constitution, if McCarthy wants to protect his phone records, he should sue to protect them. Threatening companies with retribution is something that happens in third world countries or mob tactics. It’s not how the leader of the GOP should act if they are sworn to uphold the Constitution.

It's literally the exact opposite. This may sound crazy, but people who didn't vote for the same ruling party you did also have rights.
Republicans in congress have the right to not have the amount of times they called the president begging for help on Jan 6th exposed because it will look bad to the millions of supporters of the GOP who saw it as patriotism and are semi dissatisfied that Pence wasn't lynched.

<36>

Last edited:
You do understand why there is an investigation right? And why Republicans are trying to hide their phone records, right?

I understand the democrats are looking to do as much damage to the Republicans as they can. That includes ones that might have support a demonstration not a riot.

But that's OK it's the normal now so let them go at as long as they do it legally.

As I said when the Republicans take power creepy Joe has a long list of shit that needs to be investigated.

I understand the democrats are looking to do as much damage to the Republicans as they can. That includes ones that might have support a demonstration not a riot.

But that's OK it's the normal now so let them go at as long as they do it legally.

As I said when the Republicans take power creepy Joe has a long list of shit that needs to be investigated.
None of this has anything to do with what they are looking for in the phone records.

Do you know why they want the phone records?

This has nothing to do with "creepy Joe".

Republicans in congress have the right to not have the amount of times they called the president begging for help on Jan 6th exposed because it will look bad to the millions of supporters of the GOP who saw it as patriotism and are semi dissatisfied that Pence wasn't lynched.

<36>
I'm well aware you're just a democrat shill, which implicitly means there is no overreach you won't support, but turns out we don't live in North Korea yet, and you need probable cause to get citizens' private information.

Jesus, all you have to do is just switch characters for you to completely have the opposite opinion. We all know if it was the bad orange man demanding corporations hand over the phone records for the BLM grifters and Maxine Waters, you'd be on here calling it racist and saying we live in Nazi Germany.

Yes, I support people's right to privacy, which apparently makes me the "authoritarian". and not the ruling class demanding that corporations hand over private information. Derp. Not sure you know what "authoritarian" means.

If the political establishment want to spy on their political opponents, they can just lie to get phony warrants like they usually do.
Yeah there is clearly massive over reach here and the TS can’t see it. All this Jan 6th nonsense is just a show of force and is a disgusting display of petty nonsense

Yeah there is clearly massive over reach here and the TS can’t see it. All this Jan 6th nonsense is just a show of force and is a disgusting display of petty nonsense
They legitimately don't think half the country have rights. When it's not their political opponents, everyone pretty unanimously dislikes corporations collecting data and selling it, but apparently all you have to do is tell them it's republicans, and suddenly supporting people's right to privacy goes out the window and needs to be handed over to the surveillance state. They have no principles, no morals, all of their opinions on everything hinge on who's doing it and who they're doing it to.

Does anybody really believe any of them would support a "commission" to investigate the 6 months of riots last year, and demanding phone records of every BLM supporter? There is waaaay more reason to believe that was coordinated and organized, considering there were pallets of bricks delivered, uhauls of weapons and half the rioters showed up dressed alike. What do you think they'd say if Patrice Cullors or Nikole Hannah Jones were in solitary confinement and having their phone records seized?

I hate it when politicians try to protect people's privacy.

Didn't you get the memo? From the passing of the Patriot Act under Bush to NSA spying on US Citizens under Obama, you simply need to look at party affiliation to decide how you feel about curtailed Civil Liberties and enhanced Government overreach into our private lives.

Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
The Patriot ACt

Pressure is mounting for Merrick Garland to conduct a new investigation

Cuomo wouldve went after these fuckheads already. Just sayin

So the GOP leader threatening companies with retribution is not disgusting? You live in Japan so I get it that figuring out who was involved on Jan 6th is no big issue for you but for the rest of the people who live in the US, a large majority of us do because we believe that shitty actions have consequences. If we allow the members of the GOP who assisted on Jan 6th to get away with it, it will embolden other members of government to do more harm. This goes for Dems as well. If you excuse this behavior then you are supporting further action.

So the GOP leader threatening companies with retribution is not disgusting? You live in Japan so I get it that figuring out who was involved on Jan 6th is no big issue for you but for the rest of the people who live in the US, a large majority of us do because we believe that shitty actions have consequences. If we allow the members of the GOP who assisted on Jan 6th to get away with it, it will embolden other members of government to do more harm. This goes for Dems as well. If you excuse this behavior then you are supporting further action.

Yes I'm sure this is also how you feel towards BLM protestors ravaging cities nationwide leading up to the election. I'm sure you would be in favor of this exact action being taken towards them right?

Back