Law Authoritarian GOP Above the Law

Didn't you get the memo? From the passing of the Patriot Act under Bush to NSA spying on US Citizens under Obama, you simply need to look at party affiliation to decide how you feel about curtailed Civil Liberties and enhanced Government overreach into our private lives.

These people will give up all of their privacy if it means they can order their Starbucks ahead of time.

I guess it makes you an authoritarian extremist if you don't believe that the privacy of civilians should be infringed upon. That's how far these people have been manipulated.

Yes I'm sure this is also how you feel towards BLM protestors ravaging cities nationwide leading up to the election. I'm sure you would be in favor of this exact action being taken towards them right?
BLM protestors who were violent have been arrested. They will get the justice they deserve. This is about members of government assisting with trying to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power based on lies. Your pathetic whatabout just shows you don't care to be subjugated as long as the people who rule over you have your political ideologies. You'll make a great slave.

These people will give up all of their privacy if it means they can order their Starbucks ahead of time.

I guess it makes you an authoritarian extremist if you don't believe that the privacy of civilians should be infringed upon. That's how far these people have been manipulated.

Party of law and order destroyed by a liberal orange gorilla. It's amazing the damage Trump did to your party.

Democrats are ruling areas of the country through dictatorial "mandates," if anything they're the authoritarians

BLM protestors who were violent have been arrested. They will get the justice they deserve. This is about members of government assisting with trying to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power based on lies. Your pathetic whatabout just shows you don't care to be subjugated as long as the people who rule over you have your political ideologies. You'll make a great slave.

Your logic would seem to suggest that you support exactly that which you are indicting me of.

My question isn't an instance of whataboutism but rather a way to gauge your consistency in light of the actions being taken against your own. You have hilariously failed it so it's going to o be hard to take you seriously.

Your logic would seem to suggest that you support exactly that which you are indicting me of.

My question isn't an instance of whataboutism but rather a way to gauge your consistency in light of the actions being taken against your own. You have hilariously failed it so it's going to o be hard to take you seriously.
Against my own? I'm an American, not a Republican or a Democrat. When people in our government act outside the rule of law, I have issues with that, regardless of their political party. If this were Democrats I would expect the same level of investigation.

Against my own? I'm an American, not a Republican or a Democrat. When people in our government act outside the rule of law, I have issues with that, regardless of their political party. If this were Democrats I would expect the same level of investigation.

As an American do you support The Patriot Act signed into law by Bush?

This is common for this new crop of wacked out Republicans. This woman is the jewish space laser lady.

One thing the elected, right and left can agree on is spying on US citizens.
So there is a reason they don't want this released. I know the government is all up in my business but lets not give away our privacy.
Now the phone companies are a private business, and if they want to release it that is their right, like its my right to find another phone company.
As @oldshadow posted. Get a warrant.

One thing the elected, right and left can agree on is spying on US citizens.
So there is a reason they don't want this released. I know the government is all up in my business but lets not give away our privacy.
Now the phone companies are a private business, and if they want to release it that is their right, like its my right to find another phone company.
As @oldshadow posted. Get a warrant.

No spying or even anything legally questionable involved here. It's just that rightists think it's good to try to overthrow democracy if they can't handle the results of elections so they're obviously opposed to any attempt to treat it as a bad thing.

Do you understand the implications if this is allowed with the current government? When the Republicans are voted in they will have the same ability and vice versa.
That isn't a threat it's reminding businesses to require the appropriate warrants for that information during a time when most companies have become political openly.
Once this starts it doesn't stop.

"we wanna use the government to spy on our political opposition and if you refuse, then youre the dictator"

gotta love how lefty politicians completely turn logic on its head and accuse political opposition of things they guilty of, all while their low iq base eats it up

To people who think it's OK for McCarthy to openly threaten to retaliate against private businesses for complying with a legal order, is that out of a general principle that phone records should not be allowed to be subpoenaed? Putting aside the fact that there's no legal basis for such a view (it would require new laws to be passed), that seems like a dumb principle, but my guess is that it's not a principle as much as just a statement that Republicans should be allowed to commit crimes and attack democracy if they are unable to emotionally deal with losing elections.

What a way to run a country, anyway. "Don't follow the law. Just help the party or we'll use the power of the gov't to get revenge." The GOP is openly fascist these days.

Last edited:
To people who think it's OK for McCarthy to openly threaten to retaliate against private businesses for complying with a legal order, is that out of a general principle that phone records should be allowed to be subpoenaed? Putting aside the fact that there's no legal basis for such a view (it would require new laws to be passed), that seems like a dumb principle, but my guess is that it's not a principle as much as just a statement that Republicans should be allowed to commit crimes and attack democracy if they are unable to emotionally deal with losing elections.

What a way to run a country, anyway. "Don't follow the law. Just help the party or we'll use the power of the gov't to get revenge." The GOP is openly fascist these days.

this is probably gonna be a shocker for a partisan lefty hack, but apparently government cant just request private companies to share private info of their clients. this would be a violation of federal law.

if the government wants to obtain private info they have to go through legal means (courts).

so you seem to be confused here.

fascists are not the ones objecting to big government overreach. its actually the opposite. fascists are those who use power of the government to target political opposition (what democrats are doing and have been doing for some time now)

this is probably gonna be a shocker for a partisan lefty hack, but apparently government cant just request private companies to share private info of their clients. this would be a violation of federal law.

if the government wants to obtain private info they have to go through legal means (courts).

so you seem to be confused here.

fascists are not the ones objecting to big government overreach. its actually the opposite. fascists are those who use power of the government to target political opposition (what democrats are doing and have been doing for some time now)

Rich of you calling anyone else partisan here, no? No confusion. There's no law saying that companies can't comply with a subpoena (in fact, there is a law saying that they must comply). Politicians don't get to just make up laws when they don't want criminal activity to be uncovered or threaten private citizens to force them to break the law. There's a whole process for this stuff. We still have rule of law in America.

Mccarthy is just taking orders

45496813-0-image-a-11_1626378178112.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back