Movies BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE (First Official Trailer)

First one was good, second was decent and I was half asleep for the third. Never saw the fourth. My issue is they've been playing the card of "martin Lawrence is a. Aging man who wants to quit but keeps coming back for more "for like every damn sequel.

They are not terrible movies but....lethal weapon is way better.
To be fair Lethal Weapon did pretty much the same plot with Murphy being "too old for this shit" in every film.

This is actually the 4th film, personally I felt the 3rd was "ok" without really being anything that special, the 2nd was really just an exercise in turning everything up to 11.

Last edited:
Remember when Will Smith was cool?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
will-smith-chris-rock.gif

I enjoyed the first two, I seemed to have completely missed the third.

2 is my favorite by a mile. It's one of the only films where Michael Bays questionable stylistic choices as a director actually work for me for the most part. It's endlessly quotable, the car chase scenes were well executed. The Reggie scene that comes out of nowhere, Marcus rolling on X at the captains home..
Even the soundtrack is bombastic even if it's not your cup of tea musically.
And fucking Oleg Taktarov is in it, as well as Peter Stormare.

Hard to believe no one here seems to rate it very highly

Last edited:
I watched all three of these recently on the 4K format. None of them are actually good. Bad Boys II is mind numbingly bad.

To be fair Lethal Weapon did pretty much the same plot with Murphy being "too old for this shit" in every film.

This is actually the 4th film, personally I felt the 3rd was "ok" without really being anything that special, the 2nd was really just an exercise in turning everything up to 11.
Think your thinking of Beverly hills cop lol

Think your thinking of Beverly hills cop lol
The line yes but Murphy being "old" is a plot element in all the lethal weapons to some degree.

To be honest though there probably better off with sticking to the setup of the original film as much as they can, anything new they come up with would almost certainly be worse.

The line yes but Murphy being "old" is a plot element in all the lethal weapons to some degree.

<bball1>

No, you’ve got it backwards. The line is from Lethal Weapon. It’s Eddie Murphy that’s not in Lethal Weapon and is in Beverly Hills Cop. Danny Glover is in Lethal Weapon and is the one that’s “too old for this shit”.

now we rating the franchise?

1-2 are super fun classics in the cheese action genre and great example of how M. Bay can make nonsense fun with a sprinklers of gun fights and plentiful explosions

3 did not have bay and Lawrence was way older and bloated
also had some crazy shit even for the franchise
Mike having a up to now unknown son with a escobar level drug Lord was... something

4 I'm gonna watch it but my fear is that without Bay the magic won't be there

1 9/10 classic cheese must watch for fans of dumb action
2 8/10 fun crazy and a great time capsule of the 00's
3. 6/10 some crazy fun definitely above the curve for how low dumb action can go (looking at you seagal). but a it lags in parts

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back