Bellator 149 - shamrock vs gracie... again...

EZ, yeah I was not impressed with Linton, the only success he had in that fight was when he took Mo down (and the only reason he took Mo down was out of desperation, he was getting owned on the feet) It didn't even matter though, King Mo reversed him and took Linton down anyway. If you're impressed with surviving a fight then you are easily impressed. Linton made King Mo (a Wrestler) look like he was a top striker. I do think Linton can steal at least 1 round from Newton but I think Newton comes out guns blazing here and reminds us why hes the Hardcore Kid.

alright, heard...

King mo is a good striker, mate.

But Linton's striking is wooden as fuck, no doubt. He has to do the grappling thang to win this time around. And Newton is way too willing to grapple and put him self in terrible positions on the ground time and time again, though he's basically impossible to submit with anything but jointlocks.

yea, i agree, vassell isn't great on the feet. and he's chinny. but man, when he asserts himself in grappling, he's a MONSTER there. i agree that newton is tough as hell to sub, but i think vassell can take two rounds via grappling. i just hope he initiates it enough and doesn't stand at range staring at newton's herky-jerky-stupid shit for long periods

Check out Dada's grappling "skills" in post #104 itt. He's fighting a guy who's never won a pro fight (0-6). The guy takes Dada down and moves to mount on him easily. Then the ref inexplicably stands them up. Literally the worst standup I've ever seen. Dada probably would have been pounded out by this guy if not for that.

Kimbo was on TUF. Has fought and trains with real fighters. As limited as his skillset is, and even as shot as his knees looked vs Ken, Kimbo should be able to easily take Dada down and pound him out if he chooses.

I seen that video and I'd agree is grappling, albeit from a defensive point of view is bad, I wouldn't classify Kimbo's TDD defense as anything close to legitmate. Besides we know Kimbo wants to stand so what I seen in that fight is not what I'd be worried about as Kimbo isn't going to shoot for a takedown. IMO Dada will be shooting and from what we've seen from Kimbo, there isn't much he's going to do to prevent it, I don't think I've ever seen him sprawl.

lol, I wasn't referring to their old fight, I was more referring to both of their recent fights (like past 5 or 6 fights for the both of them), Gracie by far has the much more impressive resume. For example Gracie has a win over Sakuraba while Sakuraba finished Ken in the first round (That was not an early stoppage btw)

Kens most impressive recent fight has been his close fight with Jonathan Ivey. Ken couldn't finish a guy who has more losses than wins.

3 things:

Number one: I wouldn't say that Royce defeated Sakuraba in their second match up as it was one of the most absolute boring fights I've ever seen in my life as they basically jockeyed for position against the cage (or ring IIRC) for 15 minutes without either of them landing any significant strikes in fact I'm not sure if it even went to the mat.

Number two: Royce was Roided to the fucking gills!!! He was over 50 times the normal T:E limit.

Number three: Sakuraba has not been the same fighter since 2003 and in his so I can fly with Royce Gracie he was severely injured coming into the file and his normally bandage maze were sure pull wire from the shin to the sigh were here you would like a goddamn mommy and moved like a zombie.

Has dada ever trained mma, Im not sure if he knows what a takedown actually is

You may be right Goodfella. Ive been on a good run recently my time has probably come to lose. Shamrock did look to be in better shape. Might throw some money on the Shamrock ML for fun. Why do you think Gracie was so heavily bet into a pickem?

true.

There is a documentary on netflix called Dawg Fight that heavily features DaDa 500 (yeah thats right hundred not thousands...)

This will make for an interesting watch while you wait for fights to start tonight.

I watched this documentary a few months ago and it was pretty entertaining.

I think Ken will finish Royce, I really do. They are both old and have little to offer, yes. But Ken showed up to win vs Kimbo and really should have choked Kimbo out. Ken looks like he's on the Sly Stallone diet, while Royce looks like an aging club pro teaching old lady tennis lessons. And Ken's one glaring (and it's bad, no doubt) weakness is his chin. But Royce can't capitalize on it because he has the punching power of Montgomery Burns. Royce won't be able to get the fight to the mat, even if he tries to pull guard. Ken is going to make him stand and tee off on him.

I really think it will be a one sided beatdown and I'm hoping the odds aren't too steep on Ken.
giphy.gif

I think grappling is more natural to people than striking. That's why a lot of street fights end up on the ground or turn into some sort of wrestling match

I think grappling is more natural to people than striking. That's why a lot of street fights end up on the ground or turn into some sort of wrestling match

i don't agree w/this statement necessarily at all. think everyone's different.

oh, and they end up on the ground because it's tough to keep your balance if you don't know what you're doing

I seen that video and I'd agree is grappling, albeit from a defensive point of view is bad, I wouldn't classify Kimbo's TDD defense as anything close to legitmate. Besides we know Kimbo wants to stand so what I seen in that fight is not what I'd be worried about as Kimbo isn't going to shoot for a takedown. IMO Dada will be shooting and from what we've seen from Kimbo, there isn't much he's going to do to prevent it, I don't think I've ever seen him sprawl.
Idk, man. I would not be surprised at all to see Kimbo shoot for a takedown. I honestly think that would be a smart idea. I haven't re-watched these fights in ages, but I'm pretty sure Kimbo took down both Mitrione and Alexander multiple times in both his UFC fights.

It's the exact opposite.

Striking is more natural to people than grappling. It's part of what the Gracie brothers talk about when they start their BJJ breakdown videos. A lot of people don't know how to defend themselves once a fight hits the ground.

Cannot believe I have plus $1000 on those Bellator freak show LOL… Especially after the last UFC event where I literally lost -67 units on UFC fight night 62 from drinking and chasing bets lol

After losing my bet on Spencer due to the ageless wonder and power of the mullet that is Mike Pyle I did something I never do which is chase and it kick me in the nuts! BTW: Samson had to have a mullet!

I never drink anymore and was drunk as fuck and started putting massive plays down on every fight just for the helluva it & like I told NDC I'm serious when I say that I couldn't have hit a dog's ass with a shotgun at 5 feet away LOL literally every single play I made went the opposite way! I walked away though since then I've whittled it down to just-20 units since Super Bowl Sunday (which was next day) and I've slowly but surely crawling out of the hole) but this Bellator event will surely drag me back down like crabs in a bucket. I will never learn. Fortunately there is a copious amount of my boys ITT who are just stubborn amirite?

SO just to sum it up everyone here is on Ken and Kimbo?? and is trying to analyze the fights with 10 year old fight videos or 20 second training GIFs? I was one of the idiots who bet Kuntz when those odds went batshit crazy (I managed to jump on a book that kept it at +110 and went in for 5u), but I would be surprised if one these fights wasn't fixed, and even if they aren't +400 on Dada by KO, and +140 on Royce were the value plays I made (2, 4 units respectively).

Those odds aren't available anymore, and it would probably be smart for me to Hedge with a Kimbo/Ken combo. Although I think im just going to throw my hands up and get day drunk (in aus) and laugh at the spectacle and laugh until I cry if my bets hit. I don't like being against the consensus in this thread, but I don't think Belator freakshows are a specialty of many here.

SO just to sum it up everyone here is on Ken and Kimbo?? and is trying to analyze the fights with 10 year old fight videos or 20 second training GIFs? I was one of the idiots who bet Kuntz when those odds went batshit crazy (I managed to jump on a book that kept it at +110 and went in for 5u), but I would be surprised if one these fights wasn't fixed, and even if they aren't +400 on Dada by KO, and +140 on Royce were the value plays I made (2, 4 units respectively).

Those odds aren't available anymore, and it would probably be smart for me to Hedge with a Kimbo/Ken combo. Although I think im just going to throw my hands up and get day drunk (in aus) and laugh at the spectacle and laugh until I cry if my bets hit.

what ? everyone is definitely not on ken & kimbo

vassell dec +235 pineda dec +333 shamrock dec +350 royce dec +775 all on unibet alot better then lines then 5d has atm

Just put $30 on gracie, i want to put some $ on dada but he is very sloppy lol

Last edited:
Back