Bellator 260 June 11th Lima vs Amosov

Amosov eats grapplers for breakfast but he hasnt face a striker like Lima. I think that Lima is his worst match up. Lima will finish Amosov, IMO.

Last edited:
Amosov ear grapplers for breakfast but he hasnt face a striker like Lima. I think that ia his worst match up.
But to be the champ you have to beat the champ.... imo he was the consensus challenger for the title .... Lima will be the favorite for sure

You can already tell Chou is gonna lmao. Gonzales has got this, btw.

Wow, haven't yet seen him fight but how the hell they keep stealing these guys from the UFC? Seven amateur stoppage wins and 11-0 as a pro, I don't care if his style doesn't pass the eye test or he's boring he deserves a shot in the big leagues for sure, a record like that ain't an accident.

Finally. This was kind of overdue.

I think Lima beats him but Amosov is pretty awesome himself. Maybe he can grapple Lima and pick a win here.

Wow, haven't yet seen him fight but how the hell they keep stealing these guys from the UFC? Seven amateur stoppage wins and 11-0 as a pro, I don't care if his style doesn't pass the eye test or he's boring he deserves a shot in the big leagues for sure, a record like that ain't an accident.

He was on the contender series but fought a bit of a safe fight and didn't get picked up

He was on the contender series but fought a bit of a safe fight and didn't get picked up
He won the LFA FW title after that in a barnburner, so I guess he is a mixed bag of potatoes. Gonzlaes, Anglickas, and Vanderford all won their contender series fights and Dana turned them down.

Pleased J Train is finally going to debut. Claxton is ranked too isn't he? Could be a quick route into the rankings for him.

Though tbf in retrospect Claxtons loss to Jay Jay doesn't look that bad.
That loss has aged pretty great. Jay Jay reminds me of Neiman, they both appeared to have potential and seemed to have been thrown to the wolves against big wrestlers but flourished in that adversity.
Great job at scouting whoever discovered Jay Jay, he is becoming one of my favorites.

He won the LFA FW title after that in a barnburner, so I guess he is a mixed bag of potatoes. Gonzlaes, Anglickas, and Vanderford all won their contender series fights and Dana turned them down.

I think it was harsh turning Chris Curtis down too.

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

• Champ Douglas Lima vs. Yaroslav Amosov – for welterweight title
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)

• Bobby King vs. Nick Newell
  • Tywan Claxton vs. Justin Gonzales
  • Lucas Brennan vs. Matt Skibicki
  • Amanda Bell vs. Marina Mokhnatkina

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

• Champ Douglas Lima vs. Yaroslav Amosov – for welterweight title
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)

• Bobby King vs. Nick Newell
  • Tywan Claxton vs. Justin Gonzales
  • Lucas Brennan vs. Matt Skibicki
  • Amanda Bell vs. Marina Mokhnatkina

I understand Lucas is a prospect but I don't see the point in him fighting a 4-3 guy on a 3 fight losing streak.

I understand Lucas is a prospect but I don't see the point in him fighting a 4-3 guy on a 3 fight losing streak.
I have been a fan of the recent matchmaking in Bellator, but these can crushing exhibitions they put on make me feel some type of way. I understand they got scared after Pico got destroyed by some of his early opponents, but the answer is not the complete opposite. Sign some guys on a win streak who have fought in the last two years, like throw some decent guys a 3 fight deal as an incentive to sign with you.

Yaroslov s 0 will go..... but always excited to see the Doug perform.Actually a nice name added to Lima's ledger - an undefeated fighter that's totally legit.

Back