Black Ops: Cold War (Call of Duty)

I really don't understand the beef with SBMM. Are the good players scared to play against people of similar skill? I hate when I get thrown in a lobby that I dominate(because I'm not that good), its not fun not having to try to get wins. Is it only me, or am I not seeing something with SBMM?

Imo it depends on why you enjoy COD. I am generally speaking a competitive person and I do compete in fighting games, but I don't want every multiplayer game to be heavily SBMM influenced.

The reason COD is fun is to pub star. I honestly do not believe the game is properly designed for true competitive 6v6 team deathmatch but that's the meat and potatoes of the multiplayer. SBMM is fine when there's actually ways to see what your skill level is and if there's any rewards. You basically have no indication as to what skill level you are at and there's nothing really to strive for. In a game like Apex or Counterstrike or basically ANY OTHER RANKED GAME there are ranks you get and so there's always something to kind of strive for or at least you know "hey im getting my ass kicked but at least I got to Diamond"

There's no penalty for leaving games. Sometimes you're stuck in games where your teammates leave and the game won't refill. Yet sometimes you are thrown into games where you are down by 20. Games with real ranked modes typically do not allow these things or have actual penalties.

COD always had some basic form of SBMM anyways. It always splits the lobby based on score so there's already a pre-built balancing mechanics. Sure, it's not amazing but it's not like there was nothing in place at all.

If people like SBMM that's cool. I don't for COD. Like I said, for many other games it's fine or desirable but not for pub TDM in COD for me.

BTW even though I'm crying about the SBMM, I do like this game a lot.

I really don't understand the beef with SBMM. Are the good players scared to play against people of similar skill? I hate when I get thrown in a lobby that I dominate(because I'm not that good), its not fun not having to try to get wins. Is it only me, or am I not seeing something with SBMM?

I can see the argument from players who aren’t good at the game and only want to have a fun time with other people of the same level. I’d hate to win 3 games in Street Fighter only to get stomped the next 5. But for people who are good, it doesn’t make any sense. I personally suck at the game but I enjoy playing against better people. I would think better players want to play against better people.

I really don't understand the beef with SBMM. Are the good players scared to play against people of similar skill?

If you ever played WoW. Think of it as using the same SBMM of Rated Battlegrounds for Random Battlegrounds. While Random Battlegrounds was the only way for players to level up their gear and character.

Is there a way to delete Warzone and keep the rest of the game? Warzone is not my thing, and I’d rather delete it to free up room for Modern Warfare‘s campaign and multiplayer packs on my PS5.

Edit: so apparently you can delete chunks of the game but evidently Warzone cannot be separated from the rest of the multiplayer mode. Fucking dumb.

Last edited:
Its because their precious K/D ratio is the one true thing that matters in life

I would have to rank Cartel and Satellite the two worst maps in the game. Cartel is just so garbage to play in. Also, Sniping is seems pretty OP. I watched a guy in close combat take out 3 dudes, myself included with a Diamond Sniper. The ADS was just ridiculous.

I used to hate Moscow but I think after playing Domination it’s one of my favorites. Each map seems to have its own strengths depending on mode with the exception of the two mentioned above. Once you gain the advantage on B in Satellite, it’s pretty difficult to take back over against a skilled team.

Its because their precious K/D ratio is the one true thing that matters in life

Funny because SBMM is a way for bad players to have a decent KDR. If KDR doesn't matter to anyone then why even have SBMM, shouldn't bad players be fine with going 5-15 every game? Do you think they added SBMM because a ton of pub stars were desiring more competitive matchmaking? Lol

I would have to rank Cartel and Satellite the two worst maps in the game. Cartel is just so garbage to play in. Also, Sniping is seems pretty OP. I watched a guy in close combat take out 3 dudes, myself included with a Diamond Sniper. The ADS was just ridiculous.

I used to hate Moscow but I think after playing Domination it’s one of my favorites. Each map seems to have its own strengths depending on mode with the exception of the two mentioned above. Once you gain the advantage on B in Satellite, it’s pretty difficult to take back over against a skilled team.

Cartel is pretty terrible. That and Miami I would say are my least favorite. You are basically forced to camp in Miami and the map is just way too big for 6v6 game modes. It should have been only in the bigger playlists. The games always end up timing out and I usually get bored and camp or give up a few minutes in lol.

I hated cartel until I switched to a dmr. Miami is one of my favorites. Garrison is the worst map in the game.

Cartel is pretty terrible. That and Miami I would say are my least favorite. You are basically forced to camp in Miami and the map is just way too big for 6v6 game modes. It should have been only in the bigger playlists. The games always end up timing out and I usually get bored and camp or give up a few minutes in lol.

Ya, Miami is a huge map. Lots of places to camp and snipe. I tried my hand at using the MAC-10 for about 20 games and was absolutely terrible with it. Even with some enhancements I was having a difficult time. But when I put back on my trusty AK all was fine again.

Is the grinding for battle pass harder now? I dont play often but its mindboggling I just hit level 5 of a 100 level tier..

Ya, Miami is a huge map. Lots of places to camp and snipe. I tried my hand at using the MAC-10 for about 20 games and was absolutely terrible with it. Even with some enhancements I was having a difficult time. But when I put back on my trusty AK all was fine again.
Cannot hit anything with the Mac 10. A lot of people seem to be very good with it tho.

I'm having a tough time continuing to play. I don't know if that's because of this game or just because I played a ton of MW and am finally burning out. I'm on like Battle Pass level 7 where I'd usually have the AR unlocked by this time and am already feeling like making it to the Mac 10 is a chore.

Maybe I just need to prune my quickplay list. I'm doing pretty well in these tiny 3v3 levels, but I don't look forward to the match when they pop up. I like the idea of a game mode that is absent score streaks and field equipment, but I'd still prefer it to be 6v6.

Was at full burnout in this game. Took about 3 days off came back and was super meh. Tried a few different guns and was about to pull the plug when I remembered someone in here said the burst sub was great.
I'd used it before, but I really don't like any of the subs in this game.

Now I'm pretty much running it exclusively. I've also gone back to my old ways of being a hunter killer and am doing much better overall over 2.0 in most matches which is where I used to be in all cods not named modern warfare 2019.

It is an incredible all purpose weapon and I'm enjoying flanking and wrecking clowns with an all silent 'cqc' build!

edit: should have known it was @Minnja. :rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::oops:

Last edited:
Got in a zombies game last night where 1 guy was controlling 3 of the players so it was me one dude and 2 do nothings along for the ride.

I hate to quit and not get my points and rewards but I was seriously pissed off. I tried to say let's evac and he hit deny twice.

So I pulled a huge train and killed us both.

I wish I could play online and still get the crystals and have 7 attachments instead of 5 by myself.

I also don't understand people who play on the wing in the middle of the crash site. Most people aren't good enough to hold that position and almost always need to be revived.

Was at full burnout in this game. Took about 3 days off came back and was super meh. Tried a few different guns and was about to pull the plug when I remembered someone in here said the burst sub was great.
I'd used it before, but I really don't like any of the subs in this game.

Now I'm pretty much running it exclusively. I've also gone back to my old ways of being a hunter killer and am doing much better overall over 2.0 in most matches which is where I used to be in all cods not named modern warfare 2019.

It is an incredible all purpose weapon and I'm enjoying flanking and wrecking clowns with an all silent 'cqc' build!

edit: should have known it was @Minnja. :rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::oops:

Yeah, the KSP is very good and fun to use. It feels a little less dirty using it compared to m16 and AUG too lol. I haven't played the new patch yet (maybe a week ago or so?) so idk if they nerfed it or any other guns I use but yeah it is fun to use. I actually feel they have been doing overall good job trying to balance the guns. M16 and AUG still seemed to be the best but they buffed other guns too which makes people want to actually use them/give them a try which is nice.

what's it like
is it on PS4
what's it like
do you have to do puzzles and shit or just sooht?
1st person? 3rd person, prefer 3rd, is it can you?
what's it like

Cannot hit anything with the Mac 10. A lot of people seem to be very good with it tho.
The mac 10 in blackops feels off but is great in warzone. For some reason this game bores me i enjoyed mw better , only purchased this to make grinding the guns easier.

Back